ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Instant rust remover tips?

Posted by preet kokri 
An old rusted bowl got some days before. Tried to clean it. First used dry sand then wet sand, then citric acid idea was given by a scholar from this forum. It may seen funny. First tried Fanta cold drink. And toda tried vinegar. Near about one fifth part is done. Please advise home made techniques.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
We are able to get citric acid in a powder form in little packets or in bulk from the stores here. We just put the bhanday in bigger bhanda with hot water and some of the citric acid and leave it over night. This gets off all of the rust that has accumulated. Then we add some of the citric acid to the bottle of dishwashing detergent and use that to wash the bhanday every time.

Preetam Singh
I already requested about home made tips. Anyhow i tried scrubbing lemon by cutting it into two pieces. With 2lemons it near about covered 70%task, but i dont know what to use for outer side of this bowl, it's totally black rusted.
preet kokri Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I already requested about home made tips. Anyhow i
> tried scrubbing lemon by cutting it into two
> pieces. With 2lemons it near about covered
> 70%task, but i dont know what to use for outer
> side of this bowl, it's totally black rusted.

I suggest you do what Preetam Singh has suggested. Soak the Bhandai overnight in Citric Acid mixed in warm water, then use a scrubbing pad to clean both the inside and outside, it is quite simple. Soaking the Bhandai overnight makes cleaning them a simple task. Your Batai will be shiny afterwords.
Ok. But i think direct citric acid not available. I'll use hot water with lemons.
Khalsa Ji

Plumbers use wirewool to clean copper pipes etc. This will remove rust from Sarbloh items beautifully.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login