ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I am so unlucky - a Gursikh. Really Now ?

Posted by Upkaar Singh 
Vaheguroojeekaakhalsaa
Vaheguroojeekeefathehh

For starters, I would like to make it very clear, that whatever I am about to write is totally Gurparsaad, and it encompasses no knowledge of mine.
Vaheguroo.

Secondly, this write-up is in regards to Gursikhs, so let's not pull it away from the intent.

We often see, hear and at times find ourselves saying this too- Haye, mere bhaaag kinay kharaab ney, Man, I am so unlucky, My life sucks. Sometimes, it gets bad enough that we curse our life, ourselves and even the almighty Akaal Purakh over belittling issues that last just a few hours/days.

Recently daas found himself struggling financially and academically. They became distractions to a point where my conscious would not allow me to focus on any bare minimum naam/baanee that I do, rather I would be thinking about my struggles. I cursed my life and was frustrated beyond description. At this point, I figured, I have to do something to take care of this problem. It wasn't spiritually or mentally healthy for me.

Two weeks ago, Guroo Saheb did kirpaa and I was able to go to do amritvela and sangat with singhs. Though I didn't share my problem with them, I did a very dukhee (sad) and desperate ardaas from the bottom of my heart asking guroo saheb to show me a way. Daas cannot recall the Hukamnama at this point, but when I looked it up later that day, it was a lesson well learned.

Guroo Saheb stated:

Unlucky and Bad Destiny Oriented is that being, who comes and departs this world without Naam and Sat Sangat. Those who attain this naam and sat sangat through the true guroo are considered the luckiest of the lucky in the house of Guroo Nanak. Foolish is that person, who is mingled in wordly affairs, for Satguroo jee would take care of everything, if only he japped more naam and did bhagtee.

Once again, forgive daas for not being able to quote the Hukamnama Saheb.

Point being, the same day, after coming home, I got a call from a job agency, offering me work, and believe me, two hours later, the postman delivered letters from my college, that carried let's just say some very good news. At that point, I let out a sigh of relief and was in peace after days of chinta-rog that we can all relate to.

For once though, I admit, I thought of Guroo Saheb and I thought to myself "Man, he listens very quickly" -LOL

I had been debating writing this post, since that day.

The gurmat aspect of this lesson is that those of us, who spend our days, complaining and fretting over worldly issues, whilst occasionally cursing ourselves and Vaheguroo, for bad luck and being Bhaag Heen, need to realize that,

THE BIGGEST blessing and kirpaa, that exists in this world and all the khands, brahmands, has already been bestowed upon us. We have been given Amrit Naam, a treasure chest in the form of Shree Guroo Granth Saheb, and true friends, fellow gursikhs. It seems now, as though it is utmost foolishness and stupidity for one to complain about their struggles academically, career wise, health wise or financially.

Naaam Japnaa, Baanee Parnaa, Sevaa Karnee, Rehit Rakhnee, if we strive to follow all of these hukams of Sachay Patshaah jee, is our father that cold hearted that he will not listen to our bentee? We may roam the world and move our hands up and down, trying to find a solution to any problem we might have, but as fools we choose to forget, that we possess a weapon/tool so powerful. Being Royal Kings, we choose to act like bowl wielding beggars with our hands spread, looking to find solutions amongst a Maya-ridden world to cure other forms of Maya. Poison does not cure poison. It's pathetic and it's no wonder we suffer so much, because Guroo Saheb must be so disappointed to see a gursikh roaming lost, having forgotten Naam-Khazana. If a gursikh earns that kamayee that the guroo has asked him/her too, would the same Guroo make his pyare suffer ?

We will put 36 tasks out of the way to work towards solving a problem. One of those 36 tasks might even include japping naam. But we indeed are unlucky and bhaag-heen if we forget that naam is indeed the instant curing formula to not only worldly problems, but it's the essence of life itself. At this stage, a gursikh really becomes unlucky. Let's avoid this sad state.

Never call yourself unlucky or complain about being Bhaag Heens. We are the select few luckiest souls walking on this earth. Rejoice, take anand, and let Guroo Saheb sort out our affairs. We should just - ਇਤੁਮਾਰਗਿਚਲੇਭਾਈਅੜੇਗੁਰੁਕਹੈਸੁਕਾਰਕਮਾਇਜੀਉ||, So walk on this Path, O sister soul-brides; do that work which the Guru tells you to do.

Bhulanhaaraa,
-Upkaar Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I remember a Katha done by Bhai Parminder Singh (passed away 8 years ago). He said something along the lines of this:

People always come to me and complain that I do Simran,I do Seva, I read Gurbani but why am I still in so much Pain? Why do we suffer if we read Gurbani and do Seva? Sometimes we don't realize how much Guru Sahib is protecting us.

A few years ago I was involved in a car accident, I was perfectly fine (apart from being separated from two kakkars during the accident). After the accident, a thought came into my mind, why would Guru Sahib do this to me? Whyy would he put me through such a traumatic ordeal? But I quickly realised how much worse the accident could have been. The car had hit my side of the car (passenger side) head on, and yet I came out without even a scratch. It is all Guru Sahib's Kirpa. Perhaps in our Karams it is written for us to suffer a lot, but Guru Sahib cuts that down. Some Gursikhs suffer all their Bad Karams in one dream. Guru Sahib is very Compassionate with us.

We are not unlucky, we are very lucky to have a Guru like Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

ਸਭ ਦੂ ਵਡੇ ਭਾਗ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾ ਕੇ ਜੋ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਣੀ ਸਿਖ ਪੜਤਿਆ ॥੧੮ ॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login