ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Jee: Darshan of a 200 Year Old Saroop

Posted by gsingh 
The following are some pictures I have collected of a Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Saroop that is approximately 200 years old. This is the Bani of our Father, Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj. By not accepting it as our Pitha Jee's Bani- as Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee says- ਅਸੀਂ ਦੋਸ਼ ਦੇ ਭਾਗੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਨਾ ਚੋਂਦੇ! I already have millions upon millions of Sins on my head, I do not want to add more sins unnecessarily onto that bundle by not accepting the Bani of my Father.

Dhan Dhan Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Jee!

Please view and share, the pictures are on Flickr at this link: Flickr

The Pictures are in no particular order:

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Brilliant post Bhai Gagan Singh jee smiling smiley

Is the Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Saroop pictured above in the US or in India?

Wahegurrooo
It is in India Bhai Sahib
WaaheGUru JI how beautiful. I enjoyed trying to read Sri Bachitar Natak in lareedar saroop.
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WaaheGUru JI how beautiful. I enjoyed trying to
> read Sri Bachitar Natak in lareedar saroop.

We're supposed to do Paatth from Larreevaar only anyways, what's your point? confused smiley
Just the other day Jaspreet Singh, someone on the forum was requested by another user to not use sarcasm or negativity on the message board.

Having been a victim and a culprit in the above mentioned situation, I would request you to follow the same advice and encourage people more positively for trying.
On a side note:

Beautiful pictures Gagan Singh jee,

Sukhdeep Singh jee, reading any bani in lareevaar roop is totally refreshing and enjoyable, keep at it.
This beerh is from 1755 Bikrami, 1698 AD, one year before the creation of the Khalsa. It is currently at Takhat Sri Patna Sahib. The Bani Zafarnamaa is not included in it as it was written in 1704 AD, 6 years after this Beerh was compiled.

Available at this link [www.flickr.com]

There is one major mistake in the third picture, the writer forgot the to put a "Ji" and "Sada," in one tukh. It's added at the bottom of the line, with plus signs as to where the word should be. Is this allowed?
Gurman Singh

I have seen this in many older Saroops of both Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj and Sri Dasam Granth. The writers use a plus sign to add in words. Sometimes I have seen entire Shabads added in on the side of the Ang or at the bottom.

Rest maybe Bhai Kulbir Singh can confirm.
Gsingh jee is correct. In handwritten Saroops many times, missed words were written on the side of the Ang or at the bottom. There was scarcity of paper and ink.

Kulbir Singh
There are two beers of 1698 AD namely Anandpuri beer and beer patna. Scribes were employed
by Guru sahib to write saroops. There are corrections done on the pages itself of both beers.

One singh in uSA has digitized copies of these beers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login