ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guru Nanak Sahib Ji in Uganda

Posted by Unjaan 
Guru Nanak Sahib Ji in Uganda
March 17, 2010 06:37AM
Got this in an email from a friend. It's from SikhiWiki.

I have not had a chance to read this site but there was a link from the Wiki to [satguru.weebly.com], and just a quick glance shows some interesting history that I have not previously known about.

According to recent research, a new discovery now suggests that Guru Nanak Dev Ji may have travelled as far to the west as East Africa . A small settlement, a hundred miles from Kampala , Uganda , is named ‘Bamu Nanika’ which the locals revere for its spiritual powers. They say that a holy man, not one of their own, sat on a certain spot there and meditated. They say that the spot is covered in a bark-like material and not shown to anyone. Prayers are done in their traditional way. It is also said that all of Uganda ’s Kabakas (traditional kings) visited the ’shrine’ to receive blessings upon their advent of rule.

The area is arid with no fresh water for miles. But only a few hundred meters away is a small spring of fresh water which the locals do not allow anyone to drink or use for hand washing. The water is somehow used like ‘giving amrit’ to devotees who are all africans. When asked about who they revere the place for, the locals said that, "He is not one of ours but there is some great spiritual power here".

Recently, a number of Gianis from India visited the shrine to research the discovery (it is even believed that, in a sakhi, Bhai Mardana asked Guru Nanak why the locals had curly hair). That faintly suggests that Guru Nanak visited Africa . The locals had no knowledge of Sikhs before our arrival. We are strangers to them. With further research, we feel there is a high possibility of adding Africa to the list of places visited by Guru Nanak.

At a distance of about 12 miles from the Tapora Station, there is a memorial in honour of the visit of Guru Nanak in the hilly forests and about 24 miles from Kampala , there is a village named Bab Nanika. It is here that their history says that the Holy man's, not of their own, blessings brought forth a spring; they report there had been no water source in the vast area."
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Amazing!

This Daas is of firm belief that Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee travelled all parts of the Earth to spread the divine message of Satnam Mantra. This is evident from Bhai Gurdaas jee's Baani:

ਬਾਬੇ ਤਾਰੇ ਚਾਰਿ ਚਕਿ ਨਉਖੰਡਿ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੀ ਸਚਾ ਢੋਆ॥
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਲਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਪਰਗਟ ਹੋਆ ॥27॥

Kulbir Singh
I've noticed one thing, when Guroo Sahib travelled out towards the west more. At the present & past there seems to be Gursikhs living in those areas.
i remember when I went to Nanak Jhira Sahib in Bidar there was a map of all the places Guru Jis visited. I remember seeing the country israel ( jerusalem). Does anyobody have more information about this visit?
Its unfortunate that we only have a few middle eastern trips recorded.

I remember speaking to a Punjabi Hindu a couple of days ago at school who was mentioning to me that a Muslim told him that it was not possible for Guru Sahib to go to Mecca unless he was Muslim,lol. 500 years ago Muslims and Hindus were claiming Guru Sahib belonged to their religion and people are still claiming this today. If Guru Sahib was Muslim would he point his charan to the kabbah which is revered by all Muslims. I mentioned to my friend if he was an ordinary man would he be able to leave Mecca alive for doing such an act? Surely Guru Sahib was not an ordinary person which he eventually agreed with. Guru Sahib could be at too places at once why would he need to go through the customs of entering Mecca and fullfill the Muslim requirement upon entering. He could appear and leave in an instance.
Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Bamunanika, Uganda: [satguru.weebly.com]

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Istanbul, Turkey: [satguru.weebly.com]

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Sumatra, Indonesia: [satguru.weebly.com]

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Egypt: [satguru.weebly.com]
Dhan Siri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib jee!
is there any mention of these travels in any sakhi or book outside of this single website? i don't want to offend anyone, but there really isn't any clear evidence on his site.

i strongly believe that guru sahib could to anywhere he wanted... we know he went to mecca, baghdad, turkey, burma, tibet... we even know he went to other worlds! we know this from established saikhis. but my inquisitive nature makes me question this particular website for some reason. it just doesn't feel "right" to me... maybe because it's never been mentioned anywhere else? maybe because other "facts" on his site seem a bit far fetched? his proof doesn't look like any sort of proof at all to me, just photos of local people and vague stories that have never been written down...

again, i'm sorry if i've offended. if anyone does know of these particular travels to africa being documented elsewhere, i'd be grateful to learn about them.
Having read parts of this site, I have to agree with Bhenji. The references that have been cited do not seem to contain the claims made by Bhai Harpal Singh. For instance, he mentions the book Storia Do Mogor by Niccolao Manucci and that he met Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji and he called them by the name 'Fakir'. This book is freely available and there is no mention of Fakir or that he received a special medicine from the Dawakhana of Satguru Har Rai Sahib.

Also the claims made in the content are not properly cited under the references/Bibliography.

Without digging further that's all I can say at the moment.
Here is more...

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Turkey:

[cities.expressindia.com]

[www.sikhiwiki.org]

[www.iuscanada.com]

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Sikkim, Ladakh and Tibet:

[www.sikhiwiki.org]

[www.sikhiwiki.org]

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Russia: [www.youtube.com]

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj mentioned even in the Vedas: [www.earthportals.com] (please note, some Gurmukhs have once stated that this site is doubtful).
Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj in Italy: [www.sikhiwiki.org]

Please enlarge the Punjabi write ups and check it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login