ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Akhand Paat Sahib in a BC High School

Posted by gsingh 
vaahiguroojeekakhalsa vaahiguroojeekeefateh

Sangat Jee,

There is an Akhand Paat Sahib planned at my old high school. I've heard about this through a few people that go to the school now. It is going to be held in either the Cafeteria or the Gym. I think this is totally wrong, and disrespectful for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Where Guru Sahib's Pavittar Saroop will be taken, meat is served daily. There are dances that happen where dirty music is played and there is a lot of Lustful activity that happens during these dances. Thankfully I never went to any of these dances, but classmates that did, speak about how a lot of the students are drunk and high during the dance, and this is the same place where they want to bring Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee's Pavittar Saroop, this is unacceptable. I have a good standing with a few of the teachers and administrators at the school, so I am going to approach them. There is currently a strike going on in BC by teachers, after the strike, I will get more information.

Until then can Sangat please give suggest what are the best steps to take. Thank You.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
There comes a Sakhi of Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee and Bhai Mardana. One day, they reached the outskirts of a town, which was known to be tourist site. A lot of business and trade was flowing. Bhai Mardana felt hungry,so he requested Guru Sahib for permission to go into the city and search for food. Guru Nanak Dev ji warned him to not look any other direction,as there was a lot of corruption in the city. Bhai Mardana ji entered the city,but soon maya affected him. His eyes could not believe the wonderful sights the town had to offer. Soon he stumbled upon a brothel, where he saw many beautiful women. He was wonderstruck with their beauty, and totally lost consciousness. He forgot why he was there originally. Guru Nanak Dev ji of course knew what was happening, as He is Jaani Jaan and Vaheguru Himself. Guru Sahib travelled to the town, and reached the place where Bhai Mardana ji had stumbled upon. As soon as Guru Sahib entered the place, it was as if time had stopped. Bhai Mardana ji wept and thanked Guru Sahib for saving him. The prostitutes were wonderstruck with the rays coming from Guru Sahib. At once all of a sudden, they all fell at Guru Sahib's Pavitter Charan, and as history has it, they became Sikhs of Guru Sahib and received Gurmat Naam, the ultimate bliss. It was really their Karma opening, who knows for how many janams these women had been wandering.

Same way, where there is lust and corruption, it is the flow of Naam and Gurbaani that will eventually resolve the issues you are talking about. The Akhand Paatth Sahib done there would leave the effect of Baani there. Guru Sahib will do His Kirpa and save those causing corruption. Really, it is their karams for which they do lustful and other sinful activities. But if those don't hear Baani, how will they enjoy the ultimate bliss? If their ears don't hear Gurbaani, how will they be wonderstruck with the true reality? If the ears hear Baani, it can not and will not leave them.

Better option would be to clean up the place and have the Siri Akhand Paatth Sahib performed.

How else will we get Khalsa Raaj? grinning smiley
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

[sgpc.net]

Page 203 - Sandesh #5 may serve your needs. But also try to offer an alternative - if the student body is that interested, perhaps a nearby Gurudwara can arrange for the Akhand Paath and the students can attend etc. That way, Maan Satkaar is assured and the students can still hear paath/do seva/etc.
first of all let me say this even at the gurdwara sahib when there is an akhand paat done by our own people, particularly punjabi no one ever listen to the akhand paath, you can go to room in which the akhand paat is being done and you will never see more than two people ever listening. The people that wanted to do the akhand paat to get rid of their pains or to further increase the business or jeevan dont even sit down and listen to it. Most of the time they spend thier time in the langar trying to create tastey and delicious food so that thier cousins and relatives can eat and say how wonderful the food was and then they spend the rest of thier time talking to them over a hot cup of coffee or chaa.

Even if our own people cant listen to akhand paat what in the world makes you think that gora/ chinese people and other teenager punjabi ppl will want to spend thier time listening to the akhaand paat? they probably think they have better things to do such as talking to thier freinds on FB or twitter. Even if they come into the darbar they probably gonna end spending on thier cellphones txting ppl etc.

Of course the amritdhari ppl will listen to the akhand but thats about all ppl that will listen and that will only be for an hour or two.

And dont forget how you have to tell people not to eat meat etc before coming into the darbar....

Theres so many gurdwara in surrey why not just do it their?

Whats the reason for having a akhand paat at school where non-amritdhari people go?
In one of Sant Kartar Singh Jee Khalsa katha, he said that whenever the jatha was asked to do a akhand paat at someone's house. The individuals who wanted to hold the akhand paat would have to meet certain criteria, for the jatha to come and to have parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

these were some of the criteria's that i heard in the katha...

The jatha does not do akhand paat at persons house in which they have picture of actors and actresses etc. If they do the jatha valey singhs go to the house first and rip them apart and burned them in a fire. The only pictures that were allowed were of 10 guru sahibs, shaheed singhs such as Bhai Taroo Singh Jee etc. ( those were not ripped apart)

If the individuals smoke, cut thier hair, eat meat, and if they drink alcohol the jatha would not eat langar from thier house, and they also would NOT bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee to thier house to do Akhand Paat.

So i can let you conclude whether or not a school is an ideal location to do an Akhand Paat Sahib...in which there a certain indivuals that smoke cigarettes, drink alchohol, eat meat, cut thier hair and who know's what other things they do. Plus you would also have to take down any pictures in the gym and the banners too, and i bet the school wont let you do that.

(note... the use of "you" in my post does not refer to any specific individual.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login