ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prem Dhey Theer - Bh Mastana Singh jee

Posted by Vista 
From the old naamnet stories

This below post. I found very inspiring. May Guru Sahib make us Lenee in Naam!

Prem Dhey Theer (Arrows Of Love)

Bhai Mastana jee

Jathedar Prit Singh jee (not real name) was the Jathedar of a Jatha of Naam Jaapen vaale Gursikh-Jans in Beredi near Kanpur, India. One of the Gursikhs in the jatha was Bhai Mastana jee.

Bhai Mastana jee was the kind of Gursikh which we all take for granted. They keep a extremely low profile but are indispensable when it comes to seva.

Bhai Mastana jee was a kind of gursikh who completely blends into the background. He used to practically live in the Langar. The Langar Sevaadars would call out to him when something was needed,

"Ooyeh, Mastaneyan! we need more atta, go get it from the store!"

And Bhai Mastana jee happily would go and get whatever was needed.

One day, Jathedar Prit Singh jee was in the Langar and felt like conversing; Bhai Mastana jee happened to be around and so the Jathedar Sahib, to begin the conversation, said,

"Mastana jee, despite the fact that I have Japped Naam for a long time, stillness has not come to my mind...."

Jathedar Sahib was cut short by the sound of a deep belly laughter from Mastana jee. Mastana jee was laughing so hard that he was literally rolling on the langer floor.

Jathedar Sahib was a little curious, but mostly annoyed that Bhai Mastana jee was laughing so hard at his words and he repeatedly asked, "Why are you laughing?"

After a while, Bhai Mastana jee's laughter subdued somewhat and between bouts of laughter he said, "Jathedar Sahib, this indeed is new! There is no such thing as the mind!"

Jathedar Sahib, quite taken aback, "What you mean? If there is no mind, then what is there?"

Mastana jee, "Only Satguru's Jot and Satguru's Hukam!"

ਮਨਕੀਮਤਿਮੋਹਿਸਗਲਤਿਆਗੀ ॥
I totally renounce my selfish ways

Whereas Jathedar Sahib was no doubt a gursikh who Japped Naam and made others do the same; Bhai Mastana jee, an "ordinary" Gursikh was the one who had Naam inside and actually saw Satguru's jot everywhere.

Whereas Jathedar Sahib was no doubt respected; it was Bhai Mastana jee would had the "Tatt Akali Jot Avastha" of Naam within and was respected tremedously in the spiritual world.

Whereas Jathedar Sahib was asked for advise on many issues and whose example was followed by many; it was Bhai Mastana jee who understood and followed *only* Satguru's Hukam.

This saakhi is not of the olden "golden" days. No, this saakhi occurred in a Rehitvaan Langar of 1957. Many Sikhs will tell us, with a long drawn sigh, "Ooo, the olden days were wonderful. Japping Naam was so much easier...."

Not true. Japping naam was never easier. Guru Sahib jee makes it clear in the following pangti

ਆਖਣਿਅਉਖਾਸਾਚਾਨਾਉ ॥
It is so difficult to chant the True Name.

Only with the Kirpa of Guru Sahib jee do we Jaap Naam

ਤੁਮ੍‍ਰੀਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਤੇਜਪੀਐਨਾਉ ॥
By Your Grace, I chant the Name.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguru, this is wonderful.
Wonderful indeed Vista ji.
Thank you for sharing this Vista jee!

ਮਨਕੀਮਤਿਮੋਹਿਸਗਲਤਿਆਗੀ ॥

What an amazing concept! It really puts things into perspective. If there is "Only Satguru's Jot and Satguru's Hukam", all the useless stuff in our minds has no importance whatsoever, anything we worry or stress about holds no significance. If we really, truly believe this then how can we not but stay leen in naam, how can we dare do anything else? Amazing is Guroo Saahib, amazing is His Sikhi!
Very interesting!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login