ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Santhiya - Siri Asa kee Vaar

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Santhiya - Siri Asa kee Vaar
February 07, 2012 08:35AM
By the Kirpa of Guru Sahib, Siri Asa kee Vaar Santhiya for first 6 Pauris including the Chhants has been uploaded at the following link:

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

Please carefully examine and read the Santhiya and if you find any discrepancies, mistakes or omissions, let me know so that it may be fixed. If you have any questions related to the Arth, Bishraam and Uchaaran, then too please feel free to post.

By the Kirpa of Guru Sahib, the Santhiya for remaining Pauris and Chhants will be posted soon.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Thank you for posting this long awaited santhiyaa!
Vaheguroo!

Preetam Singh
Re: Santhiya - Siri Asa kee Vaar
February 07, 2012 08:54AM
thumbs up
February 07, 2012 09:07AM
thank you Bhai Sahib for this seva.
February 07, 2012 10:17AM
smiling smiley
February 09, 2012 08:48AM
Vaaheguru ji! This is great!
Excellent Format !! Guru Sahib hor Sewa bakhshan ji !!

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ਜੀ,

ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਸ਼ੰਕਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ, ਦੂਜੇ ਛੱਕੇ ਵਿਚ ਆਖਰੀ ਪੰਗਤੀ ਦੀ ਸੰਥਿਆ ਵਿਚ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਥੋੜਾ ਇਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਲਗਿਆ ਕਿ

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ,ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲਿ ਹਰਿ,ਜਗੁ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਤਰੀਆ॥੨॥

ਇਥੇ "ਦੁਤਰੁ" ਦੇ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਲਗਿਆ ਕਿ ਜਿਵੇ
"ਅਚਰਜ" ਦੇ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਵਿਚ " ਅ ਚਰਜ" ਕਹ ਕਿ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਓਵੇ ਹੀ ਇਥੇ ਲਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ "ਦੁ ਤਰੁ " instead of " ਦੁੱਤਰ"।

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਸ ਬਾਰੇ ਚਾਨਣਾ ਪਾਣਾ ਕਰੋ ਜੀ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਨ ਜਲਦੀ ਹੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਸੰਥਿਆ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਵੇ

ਭੁਲ ਚੁਕ ਦੀ ਮੁਆਫੀ ਜੀ
ਹੀਰਾ ਸਿੰਘ
February 09, 2012 10:38AM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yes, finally! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Corrections??

1) 2nd Salok: ਕੀਤਾ ਕਰਣਾ ਸਰਬ, ਰਜਾਇ ||੨|| ਰਜ਼ਾਇ
2) 4th Salok: ਗਾਵਹਿ ਰਾਜੇ ਰਾਣੀਆ, ਬੋਲਹਿ ਆਲ ਪਤਾਲ || Typo in ucharan - ਬੇਲਹਿਂ should be ਬੋਲਹਿਂ
3) I have been thinking about this for a while, different ucharan of (lalla)

In Punjabi (not sure about Gurmukhi) we can pronounce ‘ਲ’ in two ways:

a) Similar to ਨ (nanna), ਦ (dada), ਤ (tatta) i.e. tongue touches just behind top teeth e.g.
b) Similar to ਡ (DaDDa), ਢ (DhaDDa), ੜ (RhaRha) i.e. tongue touches roof of mouth

Does this mean in the following pangtis:

2nd Salok: ਥਾਉ ਨ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਕੂੜਿਆਰ, ਮੁਹ ਕਾਲੈ੍ ਦੋਜਕਿ ਚਾਲਿਆ ||
ਕਾਲੈ੍ should be pronounced like b)

3rd Salok: ਵਡਾ ਹੋਆ ਦੁਨੀਦਾਰੁ, ਗਲਿ ਸੰਗਲੁ ਘਤਿ, ਚਲਾਇਆ ||
ਗਲਿ should be pronounced like b)

4th Salok: ਗਿਆਨੁ ਨ ਗਲੀਈ ਢੂਢੀਐ ਕਥਨਾ ਕਰੜਾ ਸਾਰੁ ||
ਗਲੀਈ (words) should be pronounced like a)

May Mahraaj help us understand
ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਸਚੈ ਕੀ ਹੈ ਕੋਠੜੀ ਸਚੇ ਕਾ ਵਿਚਿ ਵਾਸੁ ॥

Bhai Sahib, you have made a note here that there should be laanv instead of dulaanvaa on the first "sachai" because the meaning is the same and the puratan suroops have "sachay."

However I was wondering, is it possible the arthh of this could be "sachai" means "sach" and "sachae" means "Sachaa?"

In other words,

"This world is the home of Truth, in which the True One resides." ?

ਇਥੇ "ਦੁਤਰੁ" ਦੇ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਲਗਿਆ ਕਿ ਜਿਵੇ
"ਅਚਰਜ" ਦੇ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਵਿਚ " ਅ ਚਰਜ" ਕਹ ਕਿ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਓਵੇ ਹੀ ਇਥੇ ਲਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ "ਦੁ ਤਰੁ " instead of " ਦੁੱਤਰ"।
ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਸ ਬਾਰੇ ਚਾਨਣਾ ਪਾਣਾ ਕਰੋ ਜੀ।

ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਸਹੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਇਆ ਹੈ ਹੀਰਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਓ, ਕਿ ਦੁਤਰ ਦਾ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਦੁ-ਤਰ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਇਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ ਦੁ-ਤੱਰ ਉਚਾਰਨਾ ਹੈ ਅੱਧਕ ਨਾਲ ਜਿਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਅ-ਗਮ ਦਾ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਅ-ਗੰਮ ਕਰੀਦਾ ਹੈ। ਬਿਨਾਂ ਅੱਧਕ ਤੋਂ ਉਚਾਰਨ ਠੀਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਲਗਦਾ।

ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ

ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਸਚੈ ਕੀ ਹੈ ਕੋਠੜੀ ਸਚੇ ਕਾ ਵਿਚਿ ਵਾਸੁ ॥
Bhai Sahib, you have made a note here that there should be laanv instead of dulaanvaa on the first "sachai" because the meaning is the same and the puratan suroops have "sachay."
However I was wondering, is it possible the arthh of this could be "sachai" means "sach" and "sachae" means "Sachaa?"
In other words,
"This world is the home of Truth, in which the True One resides." ?

The noun form of this word is ਸਚ and the adjective form is ਸਚਾ. In the Pankiti above, ਸਚੇ is an adjective which means the True One. If the meaning had been that this world is the home of Truth, then the spellings would have been ਸਚ and not ਸਚੈ. The grammatical position of both ਸਚੈ and ਸਚੇ is same; therefore, the spellings too should be same. Presented below are some pictures from old Saroops that have the correct spellings of this word:

(Saroop from 1837)

(Saroop from 1714)

I always used to wonder why the word ਸਚੈ had dulaava and there was no grammatical explanation for it. Having said that there are many Saroops that have the Paath with Dulaava. Guru Sahib knows the ultimate truth but from the meagre intelligence Guru Sahib has blessed this Daas with, the Paath with Laav is correct.

Kulbir Singh

1) 2nd Salok: ਕੀਤਾ ਕਰਣਾ ਸਰਬ, ਰਜਾਇ ||੨|| ਰਜ਼ਾਇ
2) 4th Salok: ਗਾਵਹਿ ਰਾਜੇ ਰਾਣੀਆ, ਬੋਲਹਿ ਆਲ ਪਤਾਲ || Typo in ucharan - ਬੇਲਹਿਂ should be ਬੋਲਹਿਂ

Correction made. Good eye, Outwardly jeeo.

2nd Salok: ਥਾਉ ਨ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਕੂੜਿਆਰ, ਮੁਹ ਕਾਲੈ੍ ਦੋਜਕਿ ਚਾਲਿਆ ||
ਕਾਲੈ੍ should be pronounced like b)

I do the Uchaaran of ਕਾਲੈ੍ as "a".

Kulbir Singh
This is a bit off subject but I was just curious when Baba Amar Das Jis heart was pierced through arrows of Gurbani was it verses from Asa Di Vaar recited by Bibi AMro Ji or was Bibi Ji reciting some other verses? I know Bibi Ji had many banis memorized including siddha gosht, dakhani oankar, asa di vaar , jaap ji sahib, etc. I know that Bhai Lehna Ji was pierced through the arrows of Asa Di Vaar while BHai Jodh Ji was sining them, but I was just wondering was Baba Amar Das Ji hit by verses of Asa Di Vaar as well?. Also, when did Asa Di Vaar become part of shabad chau(N)kee?
Outwardly jeeo, I meant to say

I do the Uchaaran of ਕਾਲੈ੍ as "b" and not "a".

Kulbir Singh
Bh Kulbir Singh,
When will the next few Pauris be uploaded?
I was wondering in the following verse does pargaash have a bindi under gagga?
Ja Kau Aap Karey Pargash.

also in the following verse

Dey Dey Manghe Sahesaa Guna

should dey and sahessa have a bindi at the end?
SadhSangat jeeo,

By the Kirpa of Guru Sahib, the Santhiya for Siri Asa kee Vaar has been completed. Originally the intention was to just do a simple Santhiya highlighting Bishraams and Uchaaran but as per Bhaana, quite bit of detailed Arth-Vichaar was done, especially from 14th Pauri onwards.

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

The Sujaan readers of this message board are requested to go through the file carefully and point out any errors or omissions.

The next Baanis that are going to be worked on for Santhiya are:

Siri Baavan Akhri
Siri Oankaar (Dakhni Oankaar)
Siri Sidh Gosht
Siri Sukhmana Sahib
Siri Jaitsree kee Vaar
Siri Sukhmani Sahib
Siri Baramaha Tukhaari

Kulbir Singh
In 5th shakka, please correct the Uchaaran key of Aap Pachaarrai Dhartee Naal,
currently it's reading Parraarrai.
Bhai Sahib Jio,

Aap Jee ne apaar kirpa keeti hai Sri Asa Ki Vaar dee Ucharan te arth sedh pesh karkay Guru Sahib aap jee te hor bakshish karan. Looks like there are some typos including the one Bhai Bhagatjot Singh mentioned, Daas will send separately with few questions.

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
Thanks for pointing that out Bhagatjot Singh jeeo and Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo. Once others too point out more omissions and mistakes, I will update the file. Please continue doing Kirpa. Read the file carefully and point out any mistakes or omissions.

Kulbir Singh
Its moments like these i live for!

quickly scanning through the document...i.noticed am error in the last pauri...you wrote the last "jai" means jaga. This means thefe shoukd be a bindi there that you have forgotten...hor dooje nahi(n) jai(n)

quickly scanning through the document...i.noticed am error in the last pauri...you wrote the last "jai" means jaga. This means thefe shoukd be a bindi there that you have forgotten...hor dooje nahi(n) jai(n)

The word ਜਾਇ is from the Farsi word ਜਾ which means place and there is no nasal sound in this word. Many times this word is mixed with the Punjabi word ਥਾਂਇ or ਥਾਂ which also means place. The word ਜਾਇ is fine without any nasal sound in it.

I received a very detailed response from Bhai Jasjit Singh jee covering the first 8 Pauris. I request him to complete his proof reading within a day or so. Others too are requested to do some proof reading and point out any mistakes and omissions.

It was pure Anand to do Vichaar of Siri Asa kee Vaar.

Kulbir Singh
All suggestions and omissions/mistakes/typos hightlighted by Bhai Jasjit Singh jee has been updated in the Siri Asa kee Vaar file. He's got a very sharp eye. There were a lot of typos and omissions that Bhai Sahib pointed out. Hor Kirpa karnee jee.

ਮਨੁ ਰਾਮਿ ਕਸਵਟੀ ਲਾਇਆ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਸੋਵਿੰਨਾ ॥ (ਲਾਇਆ should be pronounced as ਲਾਇਆਂ)

Answer: It has made me thinking. The way the Arth of this Pankiti has been done is - ਜਦੋ ਰਾਮ ਨੇ ਸਾਡਾ ਮਨ ਕਸਵੱਟੀ ਤੇ ਲਾਇਆ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਸੋਵਿੰਨਾ (ਸੋਹਣੇ ਰੰਗ ਵਾਲਾ) ਕੰਚਨ (ਸੋਨਾ) ਬਣ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। The Sihaari at the end of ਰਾਮਿ gives the meaning ਰਾਮ ਨੇ.

Regarding tippee instead of bindi on the verbs like ਕਰਹਿ, ਜਾਹਿ etc., the reason for this is that I realized that for sihaari, aunkad, dulankay always tipee is used where as for Bihaari, laav, Dulaava, hora, kanora and Kanna, Bindi is used. The sound is the same - nasal.

ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ is pronounced as ਅਹਿਨਿਸ਼ਿ because Nisha or Nish means night. Nis is not a word that is used in Punjabi at all.

The reason why ਤ was not written as nasal is because I don't know how to write it in Punjabi to indicate that it should be pronounced as nasal. If we write ਤਾਂ then we are adding a Kanna.

Regarding ਸੂਰ ਸਬਦੰ as ਸ਼ੂਰ ਸ਼ਬਦੰ, it is pronounced like this only here because this Salok is Sahaskriti (which is like Sanskrit) and in Sanskrit this word is pronounced as Shoorveer but in Punjabi we say Soora and for this reason everywhere else in Gurbani, it should be pronouced as Soor or Soora. Rest, there is nothing wrong in saying Soor Shabadn too. This is just what my meagre understanding is.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib Jio,

Again Daas really appreciate your great seva. ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਅਨਪੜ ਗਵਾਰ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਸੁਝਾਆਂ ਉੱਤੇ ਗੌਰ ਤਲਬ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ।

ਮਨੁ ਰਾਮਿ ਕਸਵਟੀ ਲਾਇਆ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਸੋਵਿੰਨਾ ॥ (ਲਾਇਆ should be pronounced as ਲਾਇਆਂ)
Answer: It has made me thinking. The way the Arth of this Pankiti has been done is - ਜਦੋ ਰਾਮ ਨੇ ਸਾਡਾ ਮਨ ਕਸਵੱਟੀ ਤੇ ਲਾਇਆ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਸੋਵਿੰਨਾ (ਸੋਹਣੇ ਰੰਗ ਵਾਲਾ) ਕੰਚਨ (ਸੋਨਾ) ਬਣ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। The Sihaari at the end of ਰਾਮਿ gives the meaning ਰਾਮ ਨੇ.
Bhai Sahib jio with nasal ucharan I think Arth will come out little different but won't change overall meaning of the Tuk. The meaning I think would be ਮਨ ਰਾਮ ਦੀ ਕਸਵੱਟੀ ਨਾਲ ਲਗਣ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਹ ਸੋਵਿੰਨਾ (ਸੋਹਣੇ ਰੰਗ ਵਾਲਾ) ਕੰਚਨ (ਸੋਨਾ) ਬਣ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। The Sihaari at the end of ਰਾਮਿ gives the meaning ਰਾਮ ਦੀ because ਕਸਵੱਟੀ word is feminine gender. Don't know this is correct or incorrect but this how Daas feels while doing paath.

The reason why ਤ was not written as nasal is because I don't know how to write it in Punjabi to indicate that it should be pronounced as nasal. If we write ਤਾਂ then we are adding a Kanna.

How about ਤਂ. I think there has to be an ucharan indication. Agree Kanna should be avoided as this way voiding the metric rule.

Thanks for rest of the explanations.

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a bit off subject but I was just curious
> when Baba Amar Das Jis heart was pierced through
> arrows of Gurbani was it verses from Asa Di Vaar
> recited by Bibi AMro Ji or was Bibi Ji reciting
> some other verses? I know Bibi Ji had many banis
> memorized including siddha gosht, dakhani oankar,
> asa di vaar , jaap ji sahib, etc. I know that Bhai
> Lehna Ji was pierced through the arrows of Asa Di
> Vaar while BHai Jodh Ji was sining them, but I was
> just wondering was Baba Amar Das Ji hit by verses
> of Asa Di Vaar as well?.

Virjio, When we went to Khadur Sahib couple of years back, there was mention of following shabad that attracted Guru Amardas Ji

ਮਾਰੂ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੧ ॥
ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਗਦੁ ਮਨੁ ਮਸਵਾਣੀ ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਦੁਇ ਲੇਖ ਪਏ ॥
ਜਿਉ ਜਿਉ ਕਿਰਤੁ ਚਲਾਏ ਤਿਉ ਚਲੀਐ ਤਉ ਗੁਣ ਨਾਹੀ ਅੰਤੁ ਹਰੇ ॥੧॥
ਚਿਤ ਚੇਤਸਿ ਕੀ ਨਹੀ ਬਾਵਰਿਆ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਬਿਸਰਤ ਤੇਰੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਲਿਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਜਾਲੀ ਰੈਨਿ ਜਾਲੁ ਦਿਨੁ ਹੂਆ ਜੇਤੀ ਘੜੀ ਫਾਹੀ ਤੇਤੀ ॥
ਰਸਿ ਰਸਿ ਚੋਗ ਚੁਗਹਿ ਨਿਤ ਫਾਸਹਿ ਛੂਟਸਿ ਮੂੜੇ ਕਵਨ ਗੁਣੀ ॥੨॥
ਕਾਇਆ ਆਰਣੁ ਮਨੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਲੋਹਾ ਪੰਚ ਅਗਨਿ ਤਿਤੁ ਲਾਗਿ ਰਹੀ ॥
ਕੋਇਲੇ ਪਾਪ ਪੜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਊਪਰਿ ਮਨੁ ਜਲਿਆ ਸੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਚਿੰਤ ਭਈ ॥੩॥
ਭਇਆ ਮਨੂਰੁ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਫਿਰਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਜੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਿਨੇਹਾ ॥
ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਓਹੁ ਦੇਵੈ ਤਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਟਸਿ ਦੇਹਾ ॥੪॥੩॥
The Asa kee Vaar file has been updated with all changes that Bhai Jasjit Singh and other Gursikhs suggested. Please refer to the file and if you find more mistakes and omissions, please let us know.

Currently working on Siri Sukhmani Sahib and Aarti. Siri Sukhmani Sahib Santhiya is a lot of work (about 2000 Pankitis) but Aarti would be posted soon. Any other Baani you would like to have Santhiya would of, please let us know.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib jee, Can you please do santhiya of ਸਲੋਕ ਸਹਸਕ੍ਰਿਤੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫

I know it would be a tons of work, But It's something really important and I guess everyone here must needs!

ਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਹਥ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਸਾਰੀ GB ਸੰਗਤ ਨੂੰ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੱਗੇ ਇਕ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਜਰੂਰ ਕਰਨ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਰਥਾ ਤੇ ਅਗਵਾਈ ਬਖਸ਼ ਕੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਸੰਥਿਆ ਕਰਵਾ ਲੈਣ ਤਾਂ ਜੋ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਬ ਲਾਹਾ ਲੈ ਸ੍ਕੀਏ।

Please!

Thank you
Anytime we learn anything, it is never smart to skip the basics. Even with Santhiya, even if one has learned moharnee a review should be made before starting Santhiya. 95% of Punjabi's do not know full moharnee properly, I have noticed many people have problems with the following akkhars, ਛ (usually pronounced as ਸ਼) , ਫ (usually pronounced adding a bindi, fafa) , ਞ (pronounced as sort of ਜ) and many of the bindi sounding letters are not known to most people.

Thus, Bhai Heera Singh Jeo, it's not smart to skip "basic" Banian (i.e Punj Granthi) and go straight to other difficult banis. Us amateurs need to learn the basics first!
Thanks for your well wishes, Heera Singh jeeo.

The Santhiya of Salok Sahaskriti is already on the agenda and I can't wait to start doing it but before that, I want to complete Siri Sukhmani Sahib, Siri Baavan Akhri, Siri Oankaar, Siri SidhGosht, GhoRiaan, Aarti etc. because many Gursikhs do Nitnem of these Baanis and many Gursikhs have given Hukam to do Santhiya Vichaar of these Baanis. Punj Granthi is a required Paath for serious Seekers of Vaheguru.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login