ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simran Kamayee and Dietary Bibek

Posted by harinder_singh 
I have been told by a very nice bibeki Gursikh that by not keeping dietary bibek, ones simran kamayee doesnt get lost but it decreases rate of collection of kamayee as surti gets weaker.
For Example, a bibeki gursikh did 10 hours of simran and gathered 100 Simran Units. A non-bibeki gursikh also did 10 hours of simran but gathered(collected) 75 Simran Units.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
So what if we stop wearing our Kakkars? Will we only miss out on 25 units also?
Amritvela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what if we stop wearing our Kakkars? Will we
> only miss out on 25 units also?

I am not trying to belittle dietary bibek rehit, but trying to figure out how many non-bibeki gursikhs reach high planes of spiritually. There are many non-bibekis who dont get married, dont even work(give their zameen on thekka) and have full day to do bandagi and as a result reach high levels of spirituality which even many sarblohis dont reach as they have to give a lot of time to their occupations, family, kids etc.
Bhai Harinder Singh Ji

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

There is no meter to measure anyones awastha, only Guru Sahib knows who touched which plane. Its all Kirpa of Guru Maharaj. Guru Maharaj Knows When and Where one will get Guru Maharaj's Kirpa (Gurparsad)

Our duty is to try to keep rehit given by maharaj, we should not see what rehit other person is keeping. This is our own *jung* ( war) to fight against panj chor ( five thieves). We should do our best to abide with all the hukams of Guru Maharaj.

If we are not able to keep up with rehit, its our *Dhil* and our bad luck but we should not find excuses and say that "He was a Great Gursikh but he didn't kept Bibek". Only Guru Maharaj can decide that, we insects cannot.

Bhul Chuk Di Khima Ji
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Re: Simran Kamayee and Dietary Bibek
January 23, 2012 11:48AM
Harinder Singh jee you say "how many non-bibeki gursikhs reach high planes of spiritually"

Could you please advise where in the SGGS does it say for one Sikh to go around taking such measurements?

Could you also advise what would be the benefits to you or the wider sangat of those measurements?

What is the point of this petty exercise?
Without Sarbloh bibek...we are not complete.
Without sarbloh bibek...it is very hard to jaap naam
Sarbloh meanings everything for a Sikh, and we are nothing without itsmiling smiley
GurmanSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Without Sarbloh bibek...we are not complete.
> Without sarbloh bibek...it is very hard to jaap
> naam
> Sarbloh meanings everything for a Sikh, and we are
> nothing without itsmiling smiley

Whoa...Are you sure of what you just said? "Without Sarbloh we are nothing?"

Gur Parsadee Paiya Jae!
Bin Satgur Kine Na Paeyo, Bin Satgur Kine Na Paiya
And there are hundreds, perhaps, thousands of shabads in Guru Granth Sahib Jee. We our nothing without our Guru Sahib, but that doesn't have anything to do with Sarbloh. Sarbloh is great, and it really helps in reaching Waheguru, but your statements crossed the line veer jee.

I apologize, but a Singh can live without sarbloh, but he cannot live with his Guru Sahib!

Bhul Chukh Maaf.

Whoa...Are you sure of what you just said? "Without Sarbloh we are nothing?"

Gur Parsadee Paiya Jae!
Bin Satgur Kine Na Paeyo, Bin Satgur Kine Na Paiya
And there are hundreds, perhaps, thousands of shabads in Guru Granth Sahib Jee. We our nothing without our Guru Sahib, but that doesn't have anything to do with Sarbloh. Sarbloh is great, and it really helps in reaching Waheguru, but your statements crossed the line veer jee.

I apologize, but a Singh can live without sarbloh, but he cannot live with his Guru Sahib!

It's not about Sarbloh, or Bibek, or Kakaars or Daswandh but it's about obeying Hukam. Sarbloh Bibek is also a Hukam of Guru Sahib and as thus we are committing a mistake by not obeying Guru Sahib's Hukam.

As for how much we are affected by not obeying a certain Hukam is known to Guru Sahib alone but one thing is for sure that if a Sikh deliberately disobeys Guru Sahib's certain Hukam, he cannot get full Kirpa because Gurbani makes it clear that by obeying Hukam one gets to see the Darbar of Vaheguru:

ਹੁਕਮਿ ਮੰਨਿਐ ਹੋਵੈ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਤਾ ਖਸਮੈ ਕਾ ਮਹਲੁ ਪਾਇਸੀ ॥

Such speculations don't serve any purpose. Being Hukami Banday, we should just strive to obey all Hukams of Guru Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
Veer jee, I apologize for my misinterpretation. Sarbloh bibek is hukam, as far as I've read; and as pet the "tuk" from Jap Jee sahib, it must be practiced. I got a little offended by the last line, but that is a mistake on my side for not understanding from dear GurmanSingh Jee's point of view.

However, if someone has some reason for not practicing bibek (like college, not married yet, or parents), Guru Sahib jee is dayaal. As long as you try, he will always be there to help.

Ardaas:
Ham sar deen, dayal na tum sar, ab patiyaar kya keeje ||

Bhul chukh maaf.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login