ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do we know where a bani ends ?

Posted by harinder_singh 
There is a bani named 'Anjulian' written by Guru Arjan Dev Jee Maharaj in Raag Maaru.

[www.srigranth.org]

Where shud this bani end ?
Shud it end at the bold section 'I dwell upon your Name' or shud it also include the next 'Maaru mehla 5' as well. According to Sikhwiki, Maaru mehla 5 is also the part of this bani 'anjulian'. [www.sikhiwiki.org]

ਨਾਨਕ ਕੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਸੁਖਦਾਤੇ ਤੂ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲੀਐ ॥੮॥੧॥੭॥ नानक के पूरन सुखदाते तू देहि त नामु समालीऐ ॥८॥१॥७॥ Nānak ke pūran sukẖ▫ḏāṯe ṯū ḏėh ṯa nām samālī▫ai. ||8||1||7|| You are the Giver of peace, the Perfect Lord of Nanak; as You grant Your blessings, I dwell upon Your Name. ||8||1||7||

ਮਾਰੂ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ मारू महला ५ ॥ Mārū mėhlā 5. Maaroo, Fifth Mehl:
ਬਿਰਖੈ ਹੇਠਿ ਸਭਿ ਜੰਤ ਇਕਠੇ ॥ बिरखै हेठि सभि जंत इकठे ॥ Birkẖai heṯẖ sabẖ janṯ ikṯẖe. Beneath the tree, all beings have gathered.
ਇਕਿ ਤਤੇ ਇਕਿ ਬੋਲਨਿ ਮਿਠੇ ॥ इकि तते इकि बोलनि मिठे ॥ Ik ṯaṯe ik bolan miṯẖe. Some are hot-headed, and some speak very sweetly.
ਅਸਤੁ ਉਦੋਤੁ ਭਇਆ ਉਠਿ ਚਲੇ ਜਿਉ ਜਿਉ ਅਉਧ ਵਿਹਾਣੀਆ ॥੧॥ असतु उदोतु भइआ उठि चले जिउ जिउ अउध विहाणीआ ॥१॥ Asaṯ uḏoṯ bẖa▫i▫ā uṯẖ cẖale ji▫o ji▫o a▫oḏẖ vihāṇī▫ā. ||1|| Sunset has come, and they rise up and depart; their days have run their course and expired. ||1||
ਪਾਪ ਕਰੇਦੜ ਸਰਪਰ ਮੁਠੇ ॥ पाप करेदड़ सरपर मुठे ॥ Pāp kareḏaṛ sarpar muṯẖe. Those who committed sins are sure to be ruined.
ਅਜਰਾਈਲਿ ਫੜੇ ਫੜਿ ਕੁਠੇ ॥ अजराईलि फड़े फड़ि कुठे ॥ Ajrā▫īl faṛe faṛ kuṯẖe. Azraa-eel, the Angel of Death, seizes and tortures them.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I think this Baani Anjuliaan includes the second Shabad as well because firstly this Shabad does not begin with a new Sirlekh and Mangal. Secondly, at the end of the second Shabad, the second counter says "2" which means that this Shabad is considered to be part of the cluster.

Rest Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login