ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Veer Singh - Nature Kavita

Posted by Vista 
Bhai Veer Singh - Nature Kavita
December 16, 2011 08:02AM
I was sent the following in a email. It made me think of those who pluck the innocent roses (Gursikhs).

Nature is a prominent theme in the work of Sikh writer and Panjabi literary figure Bhai Vir Singh. His extensive body of work includes scenes from nature from dewdrops to honeybees to the mehndi plant. As we celebrate his birth anniversary this December, we share the following poem from his collection Lehran de haar (Garlands of Waves) called Gulab da Phul Thodan Vale Nu (To Those who Pluck the Rose) or Urge of the Rose:

Do not pluck us off our stem
We have opened a house of fragrance
Even if millions have smelled my fragrance
No one goes unfulfilled
If you pluck one from its source
Then you will only be left with one
And that too dies with in a blink of an eye
Its beauty and fragrance will fade away
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bhai Veer Singh - Nature Kavita
December 16, 2011 08:30AM
vah! He is the father of modern Punjabi poetry and literature. It's always nice to read his poetry.
There is a very important Gurmat message in this couplet by Bhai Vir Singh jee. When the flower stays on the plant, it continues to provide good fragrance for long time but once you pluck it off, the fragrance does not stay long and the flower dies soon.

Same way, so long as we are connected to our roots which in this case means Gurmat (Guru Sahib), we would give Naam roopi fragrance that would help the whole world but once we become weak in Rehit and forget Gurmat, we would die very shortly and there would be no fragrance coming out of us, rather the rotten bad smell of sins would come out of us.

Kulbir Singh
December 16, 2011 11:15AM
Kulbir Singh jeeo this is most beautiful seva and most important to the current climate of Sikhe mentality to adjoin back to its roots and it's wonderful you 've posted such a poem . Plese keep it going for a long time to come so we take more lahaa and take understanding further.

Secondly as I mentioned in another thread Prof Sahib Singh work has not been translated in articluate Englsh as yet and nor has Bhai Vir Singh's works - if it has been done please post but man is it in dire need at present. Hope some Gursikh will take on such seva soon.
December 16, 2011 12:47PM
ਪਾਤੀਤੋਰੈਮਾਲਿਨੀਪਾਤੀਪਾਤੀਜੀਉ||
ਜਿਸੁਪਾਹਨਕਉਪਾਤੀਤੋਰੈਸੋਪਾਹਨਨਿਰਜੀਉ||੧||
ਭੂਲੀਮਾਲਨੀਹੈਏਉ||
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਜਾਗਤਾਹੈਦੇਉ||੧||ਰਹਾਉ||
ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁਪਾਤੀਬਿਸਨੁਡਾਰੀਫੂਲਸੰਕਰਦੇਉ||
ਤੀਨਿਦੇਵਪ੍ਰਤਖਿਤੋਰਹਿਕਰਹਿਕਿਸਕੀਸੇਉ||੨||
ਪਾਖਾਨਗਢਿਕੈਮੂਰਤਿਕੀਨ੍ਹੀਦੇਕੈਛਾਤੀਪਾਉ||
ਜੇਏਹਮੂਰਤਿਸਾਚੀਹੈਤਉਗੜ੍ਹਣਹਾਰੇਖਾਉ||੩||
ਭਾਤੁਪਹਿਤਿਅਰੁਲਾਪਸੀਕਰਕਰਾਕਾਸਾਰੁ||
ਭੋਗਨਹਾਰੇਭੋਗਿਆਇਸੁਮੂਰਤਿਕੇਮੁਖਛਾਰੁ||੪||
ਮਾਲਿਨਿਭੂਲੀਜਗੁਭੁਲਾਨਾਹਮਭੁਲਾਨੇਨਾਹਿ||
ਕਹੁਕਬੀਰਹਮਰਾਮਰਾਖੇਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਕਰਿਹਰਿਰਾਇ||੫||੧||੧੪||
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login