ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plight of Undocumented Immigrants Exposed in UK

Posted by Sikh24 

(December 12, 2011)–The Sikh Channel, UK has exposed the plight of undocumented immigrants from Punjab in the UK. The Sikh Channel showed depressing footage of illegal immigrants living under highways and footpaths. Many of them were shown living in harsh and cold weather in the freezing UK winter. What future these immigrants may have and what opportunities could be available to them are unknown.

The channel has not disclosed the exact location of these immigrants for their own protection, but the main problem exists in the Southall area. The Sikh Channel gave an overview of two such locations. During their first visit to a place they described as very hard to reach, a group of Punjabis, which included keshadaris, were reluctant to share their story with the channel host. They asked the Sikh Channel to leave and not cause further embarrassment. Many may have even felt humiliated by continued attempts by Sikh Channel to interview them. A very depressing video of a Sikh man whose leg was severely infected was also shown from this location. This person had no money and could not seek medical treatment. The Sikh Channel did not provide any clothing, medical or food supplies during this attempt, however there is news that clothing and food arrived there with efforts by the local Sangat.

Read more: [www.sikh24.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

We need about 100 Bhagat Pooran Singhs in this world...
biggest disgrace for the sikhs in the UK - talk about bezteee for not sorting nothing out for these youth. There is no collective insitiution or organization that will help here none at all. You may do kirtan all night long or take SGGS out on nagar kirtan twice a year - but issue such as this require urgent attention. The test from Guru sahib we're failing miserably me included.
ns44 jee

Instead of complaining all the time. Why don't you get down to London or Midlands and help out.

I cannot believe your comment that you are unhappy or having a go at people who attend all night keertan rensbhais.
i am ready to help sahib24 jeeo anytime with all resources as much as possible - what you can't face is the truth which is a simple of fact of what is going down in london.

i'm not having a go - just advising that as a community it's a fact and truth we have no structure to help anyone whether it's homeless or an alcholic who is abusing his wife. If i am wrong please mention who is helping those people sleeping rough out there with current whether conditons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login