ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Petition to remove SinghBJ

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
A few days ago forum member (singhBj) said some awfully disrespectful statements directed towards Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. This is a great blunder. To slander a Gurmukh is no different then slandering Guru Sahib. Through Gurmukhs , Guru Sahib helps spiritual seekers in many ways .Gurmukh Saints like Bhai Randhir Singh Ji are true Praupakarees ( altruist) . Through their own Kamaee they encourage people who are completely spiritually poor to collect the wealth of Naam. Like mothers they act as nurturers that guide and support and encourage manmukhs devoid of Naam( gareebi) to stay firm on the Gurus Path.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਕੈ ਗਰੀਬੀ ਸਮਾਹਾ ॥
ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਉਮਾਹਾ ॥

Where would the world be without such Gurmukhs? I cannot even imagine the effect Kaljug would have on humanity if Gurmukhs did not take birth on this earth.

The comments Singhbj made about Bhai Randhir Singh Ji has completely effected my spiritual life. Listening to the slander of a saint is just as bad as slandering a Saint. By listening to this slander I have taken a big spiritual hit.

ਸ੍ਰਵਣ ਸੋਏ ਸੁਣਿ ਨਿੰਦ ਵੀਚਾਰ ॥

During AMrit Vela my ears have a hard time listening to the beautiful Gurbani. I always feel tired. I dont know how long I will have to bear this damage. I feel like my mind has been completely clouded with the ignorance of Singhbjs comments. I dont believe in anything he says, but just listening to these thoughts has damaged my spiritual life. Just the thought of contemplating Singhbjs words have made my mind go into a deep sleep. This forum Is suppose to be a place where we contemplate and praise Gurbani and wake up from this slumber. there was no reason for Singhbj to make such slanderous remarks. I have always had lots of love for Bhai Randhir Singh Ji he is like a mother and father too me. I really have no emotional attachments to anybody in this world as an orphan child I only have attachments to spiritual saints . It was not untill Guru Sahib had adopted me and linked me to the saintly brothers that I started to feel alive. Now that I have heard the slander of a great Saint, I feel completely ashamed and disconnected. I pray that my merciful Guru will allow my ears to only listen to his praise and not listen to any slander especially that of a rare saint.

I have always come to this forum to get inspired, and through Guru Ji's kirpa I have learned many things that have helped my spiritual life in so many ways. But after Singhbjs comments I no longer feel comfortable at this place.

I was hoping if many forum member ask to remove Singhbj from this forum then admin will remove his account.

I will be the first to provide my signature for this request.

X Sukhdeep Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I agree with Veer Sukhdeep Singh Jee.
Singhbj shud be THROWN OUT OF HERE.
Re: Petition to remove SinghBJ
March 05, 2010 11:52PM
veerji, rather than remove everyone with a dissenting opinion, isn't it better to encourage them onto the right path?

i used to be the "bad" one on the forums... i was new to sikhi, there was much i didn't understand, and like most (spiritual) children, i thought i knew everything. i used to eat meat, and argued with gursikhs that it was ok to eat meat! i argued strongly about a lot of things, and most of the time i was simply wrong.

but through these interactions i learned some things. i started to see that i could respect and learn from the gursikh sangat on these forums. slowly i turned around. now i'm 180 degrees from where i started, and much of that is because my experiences on the forums made me stop and think, made me research, read gurbani, and learn.

this forum is unique in that it doesn't have a lot of loud voices arguing every little detail. as we say, it has a "high signal to noise ratio". that's a wonderful thing, and i hope this forum can be useful to sikhs at every level, from just expressing interest to gurmukh. we can all learn something from each other.

i understand that when someone slanders a gurmukh it's painful to see. but we can't let it get under our skin to the extent that we become obsessed with it. we must learn to let it go. do ardaas for that person and move on.

ਰਾਗੁ ਬਸੰਤੁ ਹਿੰਡੋਲ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥
Raag Basant Hindol, Ninth Mehl:

ਸਾਧੋ ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਜਾਨਉ ॥
O Holy Saints, know that this body is false.

ਯਾ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਜੋ ਰਾਮੁ ਬਸਤੁ ਹੈ ਸਾਚੋ ਤਾਹਿ ਪਛਾਨੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The Lord who dwells within it - recognize that He alone is real. ||1||Pause||

ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਹੈ ਸੰਪਤਿ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਕੀ ਦੇਖਿ ਕਹਾ ਐਡਾਨੋ ॥
The wealth of this world is only a dream; why are you so proud of it?

ਸੰਗਿ ਤਿਹਾਰੈ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਚਾਲੈ ਤਾਹਿ ਕਹਾ ਲਪਟਾਨੋ ॥੧॥
None of it shall go along with you in the end; why do you cling to it? ||1||

ਉਸਤਤਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦੋਊ ਪਰਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਉਰਿ ਆਨੋ ॥
Leave behind both praise and slander; enshrine the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises within your heart.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਮੈ ਪੂਰਨ ਏਕ ਪੁਰਖ ਭਗਵਾਨੋ ॥੨॥੧॥
O servant Nanak, the One Primal Being, the Lord God, is totally permeating everywhere. ||2||1||

i'm sorry if i've offended you... i just worry that if we start banning one person, others will soon follow and how far will it go?

Can we have the link to the post, which is considered disrespectful?

Re: Petition to remove SinghBJ
March 06, 2010 03:05PM

Post by Singhbj, considered to be disrespectful by many users is here:

[gurmatbibek.com]

However, we hope such an act will not be repeated by Singhbj.

We request the users and readers to continue to maintain harmony so that the the spiritual and peaceful atmosphere of this message board can be retained.

The topic is now locked.

Admin.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.