ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save a Gurmukh becoming a patit!

Posted by gurvitohkurbaan 
IkOngkaarShreeVahigurooJiKiFateh!!

VahigurooJiKaKhalsaVahigurooJiKiFateh!

Dass Harleen Singh lives in New Delhi and is a student. Below is the account of a converted Sikh from Gujrat who came to my contact since his conversion, but he is now starving in poverty:
Raised into a Gujarati Hindu family, Parveen Bhai Patel converted to Sikhism in 2009 and changed his name to Parveen Singh.
His introduction to Sikhsim took place when he visited the Golden Temple a few years ago. At that time, he dealt in diamonds with his partners.
Guru Sahib did kirpa and the middle aged man from Bhavnagar, Gujrat took Amrit from Sree Akal Takht Sahib on the Baisakhi of 2009.
An incident after he took Amrit: his father, Harjee Bhai Patel died a few months after he took Amrit. According to the tradition in Gujrati Hindus, the sons are expected to shave their heads after the death of their father. The soorma Parveen Singh denied. After being forced, he unsheathed his kirpan but didn't let his family cut his hair.

His decision about becoming a Sikh was never liked by his family. With Guru Sahib's bhana, his business flopped. He was thrown out of it by his partners. Conditions became worser than before. His family linked his failure with his conversion. Family feuds became common. His wife and children started blaming his identity. His brothers and sisters have agreed to give him money to start a new venture only if he reverts back to his religion.
There is no work for him. He is living in poverty and looked down as an irresponsible father and husband by his wife and kids.
But he is full of sidak, trust in Guru. A few weeks ago on phone he cried and told me that it is his last fateh because he is about to cut his hair.
But the next week, I was stunned as he said that he was very emotional that day, but Guru saved him from doing kurehit.
THIS PERSON NEEDS GREAT HELP
IF HE IS NOT HELPED BY US, IT WOULD BE A GREAT SHAME TO THE COMMUNITY.
CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES ALL OVER THE PUNJAB ARE NURTURING PEOPLE FROM OTHER FAITHS, SO WHY CAN'T WE, SIKHS HELP SIKHS IN NEED.
Any Singh running a business or firm in Northern India can contact Parveen Singh. He urgently requires a job.

Dass
Harleen Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Do you have his email and/or contact # ?
pls post his contacts

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
Re: Save a Gurmukh becoming a patit!
November 15, 2011 01:00PM
contact

[www.khalsaaid.org]
Contact Jatheydaar Bhai Bakhsheesh Singh.
IkOngkaarSreeVahigurooJeeKiFateh!!
VahiguroojikaKhalsaVahiguroojikiFateh!!!

I am kurbaan to all the Gurmukhs who've come forward to help this Sikh.
Bhai Mehtab Singh ji and Bhai Sahib Singh ji: The contact number of the Singh, Parveen Singh is +91 9879304124. Being a Gujarati speaker, he isn't fluent in Punjabi. But his Hindi is understandable.
ns44 jio, thanks for the suggestion. I've e-mailed Khalsa-aid.
Bhai Jaspreet Singh ji, how can I contact Jathedaar ji?

Dass
Harleen Singh
Bhai Mehtaab Singh Jee is the best man for the Job.

He is fluent in hindi.

Do whatever you can Bhai Mehtaab Singh Jeeo!
You can contact the admins of this site for Jathedaar Sahib's number. I honestly think its a great idea.
I spoke to Sardar Parveen Singh jee. He has said Fateh to all Gurmukh piyaare on this forum. He is extremely pakkaa in his GurSikhi and is ready to be sawn into pieces rather than cutting his hair. Bhai Sahib is 45 years old and has studied only upto 2nd grade since he has been into the diamond business since childhood. He was also beaten up by members of his community after they tried to convince him to get rid of his kakaars. One of them ended up using nasty words for Guru Sahib, after which Bhai Sahib attacked the person and was then beaten up himself. I tried to ask him how much seva can be sent to him, but he is so full of nimarta that he declined to state any amount, and said that even a single drop is enough for someone dying of thirst. He was listening to keertan from Bangla Sahib when I called him. His siblings have tried to tempt him with a new car and Rs. 22,000 as salary if he quits GurSikhi, but he refused it outright. The nearest Gurdwara is 6-7 kilometres, and I am not sure if the Sikhs over there have been able to help.

I've discussed this with another Gurmukh veerji who stays close by in Boston. We want to be able to do seva, and I also told Bhai Sahib that some others Singhs from USA/Canada might be contacting him. As a matter of fact, another GurSikh veerji whom I know very well since several years is also a good friend of Bhai Sahib. I will be contacting that veerji as well.

Veer Harleen Singh ji, please let me know how can we send the seva and to whom, and how much. You can send me a private message if needed. If anyone else is interested in helping out Bhai Sahib, please let us know. Or if someone can direct him to any Sikh organizations who can actively help him out, then that would be the best thing. I have told Bhai Sahib that I will discuss this matter with other Singhs and call him back later. Please advise whatever you Gurmukh piyaare feel as the best option, and I will bow before your decision.
Arranging for his employment is best help. Of course initial help to start his life afresh is needed. Delhi is a costly city, but chances for settlement are always good. DGPC people if wish so, can help a lot.
He just called me and said he wanted to request me with folded hands for some immediate seva. I asked him how much monthly expense he needs to run his house, he said Rs.15,000 and that is because his daughter is studying BCA (bachelors in computer applications). Then I called one veerji in Delhi who said he will try to find through his widespread network if there are any Sikhs in Gujarat who can go meet him, verify his case and be of help. He has actually sent details already to some GurSikhs in Gujarat. Veerji said he will keep me updated. Another thing, this veerji from Delhi (B. Singh) has the same name as another Singh from Delhi (another B. Singh) that Bhai Sahib said he knows. Turns out that its 2 different people and I presumed its the same person due to the same name. However, veerji will talk to Bhai Sahib as well, and also to other Singhs in Gujarat who can be the quickest way of help. Earlier I have spoken to a Singh in Mumbai as well about this situation and he has assured me that he will also try his best.
Hanji MB Singh jee you're right. All he needs is a job, and some minor help to jump start things. Baki karn karaunvaale Guru Sahib aap ne. Sache Patshah simratha bakshan, saddi koi aukaat nai kisi de kamm aun di.
veer Harleen jeo,
Can he read Gurmukhi? if he doesn't can he read Hindi at least?
In Delhi Gurbani Gutkaas in Hindi are quite popular. Send him, such gutkas(Nitnem & Sri Sukhmani Sahib).
Jaap of Sree Sukhmani Sahib can miracles beyond imagination.

Chota veer
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ ॥

VahigurooJiKaKhalsaVahigurooJiKiFateh!!

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ ਦਦਾ ਦਾਤਾ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਸਭ ਕਉ ਦੇਵਨਹਾਰ ॥ ਦੇਂਦੇ ਤੋਟਿ ਨ ਆਵਈ ਅਗਨਤ ਭਰੇ ਭੰਡਾਰ ॥ ਦੈਨਹਾਰੁ ਸਦ ਜੀਵਨਹਾਰਾ ॥ ਮਨ ਮੂਰਖ ਕਿਉ ਤਾਹਿ ਬਿਸਾਰਾ ॥ ਦੋਸੁ ਨਹੀ ਕਾਹੂ ਕਉ ਮੀਤਾ ॥
ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਬੰਧੁ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਕੀਤਾ ॥ ਦਰਦ ਨਿਵਾਰਹਿ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਆਪੇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਧ੍ਰਾਪੇ ॥੩੪॥

Pyare Bhai Mehtab Singh jio,

I called Bhai Parveen Singh ji as soon as I reached home from school. Bhai Sahib expressed his love for the Sangat on this forum. Bhai Sahib gave some information regarding sending him seva. I will privately message it to you.
Bhai Mehtab Singh jio, I am kurbaan to you.
Your positive outlook and altruism has taught me something that "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
May Guroo Sahib do kirpa and I learn something from your life.

Dass
Harleen Singh
Pyare Chatrik jio,

Wonderful suggestion!

I think Bhai Parveen Singh knows Punjabi, but I'm not too sure because he does paath. The everincreasing Gujarati sangat visiting Sree Darbar Sahib has made authorities to print instructions in Gujarati as well. Thanks to Bhai Chatar Singh Jiwan Singh that gutkas are available in Gujarati too.

I think of giving Bhai Parveen Singh Jail Chitthiyan, in Hindi if its available or Rangle sajjan.

Dass
Harleen Singh
Meanwhile there are Singhs in Delhi, Mumbai, Gujarat who are becoming aware of him as well. His bank acct. # and cell phone # is on Facebook as well now. Harleen Singh jee please be kurbaan only to Guru Sahib, not to dogs like myself. Guru Sahib kirpa karan, and hopefully we can be of seva.

I think of giving Bhai Parveen Singh Jail Chitthiyan, in Hindi if its available or Rangle sajjan.

Unfortunately, no work has been done in translating Bhai Sahib's books in Hindi. It is much easier to translate into Hindi from Punjabi than to translate them to English. It's surprising that no one has looked in this direction, given the fact that there is no much need and potential (of Parchaar) to publish Sikh literature in Hindi.

Kulbir Singh
It's surprising that no one has looked in this direction, given the fact that there is no much need and potential (of Parchaar) to publish Sikh literature in Hindi.

Veer Ji, is it type error. Is it no much or so much?
You are correct, Veer jeeo. I meant to write "so much".

Kulbir Singh
bhai saheb harleensinghjee,

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh,

we are based in ahmedabad, gujarat.. kindly let us know the updates and discussions u had with this singh.. we will do whatever is required with the help of local sangat here in ahmedabad including searching a job for him..

plz do ardas for this singh...

how can i get in touch with u..

my email id is ravjeetsingh@yahoo.com

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh
I got this message from a Gurmukh veerji in Delhi

waheguru jee, i got some brief update on Bhai Parveen Singh jee, actually Gujarat sikhs are quite aware and helped that Singh. I came to know last year one gurudwara sahib gave him Rs. 2 Lakhs also. He has been honoured at many places too for his decision too. VG, my friend is checking more details from Bhavnagar Singhs. He also advised to wait before doing any financial help to Bhai Parveen Singh. Gujarat Sikhs are willing further agreed to help Bhai Parveen singh after exploring more facts and figures jee. So please wait before taking any financial help . Rest GURU HUKAM, Bhulla bakasha jee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login