ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਪੁਰਾਣੀ ਰਹਤ ਮਰਿਯਾਦਾ ?..................

Posted by kookarheerasingh 
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ ਜੀਓ,

ਦਾਸ ਇਕ ਗਲ ਪੁਛਣੀ ਚਾਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੀ ਕਿ ਜਿਸ ਤਰਾ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਕਿ ਪੁਰਾਣੇ ਸਮੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਦੋ ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸੀ ਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਪਾਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਹਜੂਰੀ ਵਿਚ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਜਪੁ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਅਖੰਡ ਜਾਪੁ ਰਖੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸੀ। ਓਹ ਵੀ ਕੁਝ ਇਸ ਤਰਾ ਕਿ ੫ ਸਿੰਘ ਤਾਂ ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠੀ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸਨ ਤੇ ੫ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਪੁ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਤੇ ੫ ਸੇਵਾਦਾਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਲਈ ਹਾਜਰ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸਨ। ਇਸ ਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਜੋ ਵੀ ਫ਼ਰਕ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਇਸ ਪੁਰਾਣੀ ਮਰਿਯਾਦਾ ਦੀ ਵਡਾਈ ਹੈ ਓਹ ਦਾਸ ਜਾਨਣਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਜੋ ਇਸ ਮਰਿਯਾਦਾ ਨੂੰ ਬਚਾਏਆ ਜਾ ਸਕੇ ਤੇ ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠਾਂ ਦਾ ਪੂਰੇ ਦਾ ਪੂਰਾ ਲਾਹਾ ਲਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕੇ।ਜਿਥੇ ਵੀ ਇਸ ਮਰਿਯਾਦਾ ਨੂੰ ਬਚੋਉਣ ਲਈ ਹਾਲਾਤ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਲੋੜਵੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਮੋਜੂਦ ਤੇ ਤਤਪਰ ਹੋਣ ਸੇਵਾ ਲਈ ਓਹ ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਲਾਹਾ ਲੈ ਸਕਣ, ਏਸ ਗਲ ਤੇ ਪਹਰਾ ਦੇ ਸ੍ਕੀਏ।

ਖਾਸ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਤੋਂ ਕੋਈ ਓਧਾਰਨ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਕੀ ਓਹਨਾ ਦੇ ਵੇਲੇ ਵੀ ਏਸ ਮਰਿਯਾਦਾ ਨੂੰ ਮੰਨਦੇ ਤੇ ਨਿਭੋੰਦੇ ਸਨ?

ਭੁਲ ਚੁਕ ਦੀ ਮੁਆਫੀ ਜੀ

ਦਾਸ
ਹੀਰਾ ਸਿੰਘ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

ਦਾਸ ਇਕ ਗਲ ਪੁਛਣੀ ਚਾਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੀ ਕਿ ਜਿਸ ਤਰਾ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਕਿ ਪੁਰਾਣੇ ਸਮੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਦੋ ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸੀ ਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਪਾਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਹਜੂਰੀ ਵਿਚ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਜਪੁ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਅਖੰਡ ਜਾਪੁ ਰਖੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸੀ। ਓਹ ਵੀ ਕੁਝ ਇਸ ਤਰਾ ਕਿ ੫ ਸਿੰਘ ਤਾਂ ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠੀ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸਨ ਤੇ ੫ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਪੁ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਤੇ ੫ ਸੇਵਾਦਾਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਲਈ ਹਾਜਰ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸਨ।
da

Veer Ji this is Taksal Maryada. Read Gurbani Paath Darpan for more details.
Nanaksar also follow this maryada.
As well as Nihang Singhs as well as all Puratan Sampardas. 5 Singhs for Sri Guru Granth Sahib, 5 Singhs for Jap Jee Sahib, 5 Singh for Degh Seva, 5 Singhs for Pehredaar Seva, ad 5 Singhs for langar seva. This is the maryada for 25 singhs akhaand paat Sahib.

As well as Nihang Singhs as well as all Puratan Sampardas

Baba Ji , according to this statement Puratan Maryada is not conducive to Panthic maryada.

੨੦. ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠ ਜਾਂ ਹੋਰ ਕਿਸੇ ਤਰ੍ਹਾ ਦੇ ਪਾਠ ਵੇਲੇ ਕੁੰਭ , ਜੋਤ , ਨਲੀਏਰ ਆਦਿ ਰਖਣ ਜਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਚ ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਬਾਣੀ
ਦਾ ਪਾਠ ਜਾਰੀ ਰਖਣਾ ਮਨਮਤ ਹੈ

January 7 1945 SGPC SIkh Rehat Maryada

No jathebandi exist today which can trace its lineage back to Guru Sahib. Thus, no group can claim
to fully know or follow Puratan Maryada. All we can do is try our hardest to practice Gurmat and please
Guru Sahib according to Gurbani, Puratan Rehats, Gurmat literature, Gurmukhs versed in oral traditions , etc.
sukhdeep singh

do you know which singhs were responsible for creating the rehat maryada in 1945?

im curious to know... if you have a list of their names can you plz post it?

was sant baba randhir singh jee and sant baba gurbachan singh jee part of the group that made this rehat maryada?
ਵੀਰ ਜੀ,

ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਦੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਸੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਅਖਾਇਆ || ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਲਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਆਪਾਂ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੂੰ "ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ" ਕਹ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਸੰਬੋਧਨ ਕਰੀਏ || ਓਹ ਇਸ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਅਤ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਤੇ ਉਚੇ ਸੁਚੇ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਜੀ ||

ਵਧ ਘਟ ਮਾਫ਼ ਕਰਨਾ ਜੀ

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!

ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਦੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਸੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਅਖਾਇਆ || ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਲਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਆਪਾਂ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੂੰ "ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ" ਕਹ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਸੰਬੋਧਨ ਕਰੀਏ || ਓਹ ਇਸ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਅਤ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਤੇ ਉਚੇ ਸੁਚੇ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਜੀ ||

I think he should referred to as Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh because the title of "Bhai Sahib" was bestowed upon him from Siri Akal Takhat Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
Eminent Sikh Scholars of the panth contributed to this Panthic Maryada. Some of the names
include Bhai Kahn SIngh Ji and Bhai Vir Singh Ji. I think Bhai Sahib also contributed to this
maryada as well. I remember reading somewhere along the lines that BHai Sahib helped draft
the maryada and he is one of the earlier founders of Panthic Maryada . Unfortunately I read this
some time ago and I dont remember the source.
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As well as Nihang Singhs as well as all Puratan
> Sampardas
>
> Baba Ji , according to this statement Puratan
> Maryada is not conducive to Panthic maryada.
>
> ੨੦. ਅਖੰਡ ਪਾਠ ਜਾਂ ਹੋਰ
> ਕਿਸੇ ਤਰ੍ਹਾ ਦੇ ਪਾਠ
> ਵੇਲੇ ਕੁੰਭ , ਜੋਤ ,
> ਨਲੀਏਰ ਆਦਿ ਰਖਣ ਜਾਂ
> ਨਾਲ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਚ
> ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਬਾਣੀ
> ਦਾ ਪਾਠ ਜਾਰੀ ਰਖਣਾ
> ਮਨਮਤ ਹੈ
> January 7 1945 SGPC SIkh Rehat Maryada
>
> No jathebandi exist today which can trace its
> lineage back to Guru Sahib. Thus, no group can
> claim
> to fully know or follow Puratan Maryada. All we
> can do is try our hardest to practice Gurmat and
> please
> Guru Sahib according to Gurbani, Puratan Rehats,
> Gurmat literature, Gurmukhs versed in oral
> traditions , etc.

Sukhdeep Singh, it is clear that the REAL Maryada that Guru Jee gave us is not the modern day SGPC Maryada. This is clear because of the 3 bania, kutha/halal controversy, keski issue etc. I would be surprised if you agreed with the SGPC Maryada.

I never said that any group has direct lineage to Guru Jee, infact if you read my post in a topic a few weeks ago on the Taksal, my opinion on this matter would become clear. No group has direct lineage to Guru Sahib, so no one can claim that we are 100% right. We can use our own thinking and Soch and follow the example of Gursikhs and conclude for ourselves what we THINK is the right maryada, but we can never be sure that we are right.

Everyone is bound to make mistakes in their interpretation of Maryada, history and Gurbani.
once i was listened to baba hari singhs katha and he said "when the rehit maryada was made the only reason why jhatka meat was aloud was because they didnt let in singhs like bhai sahib bhai randhir singh, otherwise the maryada wouldnt have aloud meat of any sort" thats exactly wut he said but in punjabi. so sukhdeep singh i dont think bhai sahib helped make the rehhit maryada.
Gagan Singh obviously I dont agree with all the points in the maryada, but never the less I accept them as Panthic Maryada.
In regards to reciting JapJi Sahib while an AKahnd Paath is going on I dont have any idea why you claim this as puratan maryada.
There is no rehatnama or puratan sakhi that backs up this claim. Please provide puratan reference which backs up your claim.
Its disrespectful to recite different bani while an AKahnd Paath is going on. Its like ignoring Maharaj Jis hukums.

ASIngh- I said Bhai Sahib was one of the earlier "founders" of the current panthic maryada. That doesnt necessarily mean
he finalized this panthic document. Also, I wouldnt listen to everything Bhai Hari Singh says as he often
has political motives. Now that Sanatanist Samaj is in power expect some major changes in this historical document
which was created by eminent panthic scholars.
correct me if im wrong, but from what i know bhai randhir singh jee khalsa and vadey mahapurkh were not present during the time when the official rehat maryada was made.
Sukhdeep Singh, sometimes you call Baba Hari Singh, hari singh, or hari randhawa, or hari sinh. You play with his name according to your own motives. Although I may not agree with his political stance, I hold him in high regards as a good gursikh, and one that has a lot of gian. His katha is always inspiring and full of gurmat. His katha has always inspired me to learn more about gurmat.

This maryada of Keeping Sri Jap Jee Sahib maryada is followed by all Sampardas and Taksals. According to Sant Gurbachan Singh, Guru Gobind Singh Jee themselves started it at Sri Damdama Sahib and Sri Hazoor Sahib. It is Guru Sahib's hukam to do so. Even Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh had an Akhaand Paat Sahib with Sri Jap Jee Sahib Raul at one point.
Sukhdeep
I think Bhai Sahib also contributed to this
maryada as well. I remember reading somewhere along the lines that BHai Sahib helped draft
the maryada and he is one of the earlier founders of Panthic Maryada . Unfortunately I read this
some time ago and I dont remember the source.
He wasn't involved, SGPC scholar Bhai Randhir Singh is someone else.

Chota veer
A meeting was called by SGPC to draft Rehit Maryada, in the early 1930s and all prominent Gursikhs of that time were invited, including Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. As per the records of SGPC, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee did attend the first meeting but he did not attend any other meeting after that. He was not part of the team that drafted the Rehit Maryada.

Having said that, it is prudent to say that barring very few points here and there, this draft of Rehit Maryada is totally in accordance to Gurmat. Such clear, organized and structured attempt to write Sikh Rehit Maryada had not been attempted before. There is room for improvement but at this time, if this document is tampered with, it will be done by people with ulterior motives and for this reason, any alteration to this text should be avoided at all cost.

Kulbir Singh
I think bhai Randhir Singh did attend the initial meetings. A full list of people who contributed to this maryada is available on SGPC website, [sgpc.net]

Here is some text from the site:

The code of conduct and conventions recorded in the pages that follow was received by the S.G.P.C. from its Code of Conduct and Conventions Sub-Committee with its report reproduced here-in-below:

Report of S.G.P.C.'s Code of Conduct and Conventions Sub-Committee

To
The Secretary,
S.G.P.Committee,
Amritsar.
Sir,
The Shiromani Gurdwara Prabhandhak Committee had constituted a sub-committee comprising the undermentioned gentlemen for preparing a draft of code of conduct and conventions to enable it to determine and prescribe a proper set of conventions for gurdwaras (Sikh places of worship):
Giani Thakar Singh, Amritsar; Giani Sher Singh; Bhai Budh Singh; Akali Kaur Singh; Sant Sangat Singh of Kamaliya; Bhai Kahn Singh of Nabha; Sant Gulab Singh of Gholiya; Bhai Labh Singh, Granthi, Sri Harmandar Sahib; Bhai Hazura Singh of Hazur Sahib (or a representative of his); Pandit Basant Singh of Patiala; Bhai Vir Singh of Amritsar; Giani Hira Singh Dard; Bawa Harkishan Singh, Principal, Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Gujranwala; Bhai Trilochan Singh of Sur Singh, Distt. Lahore; Giani Hamir Singh of Amritsar; Pandit Kartar Singh of Dakha, Distt. Ludhiana; the Jathedar of Sri Akal Takhat; the Jathedar of Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib, the Jathedar of the Takht Sri Patna Sahib; Prof. Ganga Singh; Prof. Jodh Singh; Sant Man Singh of Kankhal; justice Teja Singh; Bhai Randhir Singh; and Prof. Teja Singh (who was to be the convenor of the sub-committee).
The meetings of this sub-committee were held on Oct. 4 and 5, 1931, Jan. 3,1932, and Jan. 31, 1932 at the Akal Takht. The following members kept attending these meetings and participating in the deliberations:
Akali Kaur Singh; Giani Sher Singh; Sant Man Singh of Nirmala sect; Prof. Ganga Singh; the Jathedar of the Akal Takht; the Jathedar of Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib; Giani Hira Singh Dard; Bhai Labh Singh Granthi; Giani Thakar Singh; Giani Hamir Singh; Bawa Harkishan Singh, M.A.; Justice Teja Singh; Bhai Trilochan Singh; and the undersigned, the convenor.

Also here are 2 copies of the rehat maryada, one from 1932 and one from 2005:

[www.panjabdigilib.org]

[www.panjabdigilib.org]

I wonder if there are any notable differences from the initial draft compared to the current one.

Regardless, this maryada is very good and is followed by the majority of the panth. Also this maryada forbids hindu rituals such havan, janeu, etc while also outlining the correct way to conduct Akhand Paath, Hukkamana etc. and stressing the importance of believing only in Akal Purakh, Guru Sahiban and Guru Granth Sahib ji and no other gods or faiths.

I think this maryada played an important role in regards to removing anti-gurmat rituals that had crept into our panth and gurdwara's.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Many thanks Gupt1 jeeo for taking time to provide links to 1932 and 2005 Rehit Maryada. There are many differences between the two. Presented below are just two differences:

Bhog of Siri Akhand Paath Sahib:

1932 Rehit Maryada

2005 Rehit Maryada

In 1932 Maryada, the Hukam is to do Bhog of Siri Akhand Paath Sahib at Mundavani but the current Maryada gives the choice of concluding the Paath at Mundavani or Raagmala.

Secondly, notice that the uneducated modern caretakers of SGPC who are devoid of knowledge of Gurbani Viyakaran write ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦਿ instead of ਪਰਸ਼ਾਦ. We brought this up with Jathedar Vedanti jee, in 2004, and he too lamented the ignorance of SGPC to write ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦਿ with Sihaari in the end when referring to Degh.

Guru ka Langar

1932 Rehit Maryada

2005 Rehit Maryada

Notice above, that they have totally disappeared the clause of allowing only a Sikh to do Seva of cooking Langar in the 2005 Maryada. No wonder you see even tobacco consuming people cooking Langar at Siri Darbar Sahib today and if an earnest Sikh of Guru Sahib refuses to eat such Langar cooked by tobacco consuming people, he is named as an extremist, Brahman and what not.

There are many other differences. Dhill has been creeping in ever since. Not a single amendment has been made for the Chardi Kala. If anything they needed to make the amendment to include 5 Nitnemi Baanis in the morning instead of 3 that they recommend but such expectation from weak-in-Rehit SGPC members is like expecting to find water in Sahara desert.

Kulbir Singh

This maryada of Keeping Sri Jap Jee Sahib maryada is followed by all Sampardas and Taksals. According to Sant Gurbachan Singh, Guru Gobind Singh Jee themselves started it at Sri Damdama Sahib and Sri Hazoor Sahib. It is Guru Sahib's hukam to do so. Even Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh had an Akhaand Paat Sahib with Sri Jap Jee Sahib Raul at one point.

Gagan SIngh Jeeo,

Before please asserting such claims please provide proof that this maryada was practiced in Hazoor Sahib and DamDama Sahib.
Also, pleas provide proof Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji engaged in this practice. The panth has titled the practice as " Manmat" ; thus, I highly
doubt Bhai Sahib would do something against the panth. Giani Gurbachan SIngh Ji mentoins himself that Guru Gobind SIngh Ji gave hukum to
sangat to never oppose the will of the panth. Unless you can provide some solid evidence I find no reason to regard this practice as Gurmat.
In the life of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, we find instances of Siri Akhand Paath Sahibs both with and without Siri Jap jee Sahib. During the famous incident of Pret-Udhaar (salvation of a ghost) that occurred in Jaipur, it is said that Siri Jap jee Sahib was done along with Siri Akhand Paath Sahib. This incident is thought to have occurred before the Rehit Maryada was released by SGPC. Of course, there are many instances where Siri Jap jee Sahib rauls are not done along with Siri Akhand Paath Sahib. Bhai Sahib has not given any firm instructions on this Maryada nor he held it compulsory to have Siri Jap jee Sahib paaths along with Siri Akhand Paath Sahib.

In my early days of Sikhi, I had a chance to do Siri Jap jee Sahib Rauls and I found them very distracting. When doing Raul of Siri Jap jee Sahib, the mind was not focused on Siri Jap jee Sahib at all because it was getting pulled by Siri Akhand Paath Sahib. In order to do Paath of Siri Jap jee Sahib, you have to use great will power and control to ignore Gurbani being read from Maharaj jee's Saroop, which is such a wrong thing to do. Daas personally, does not support doing Siri Jap jee Sahib or any other Baani when Siri Akhand Paath Sahib is going on. Rest, Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh

Also here are 2 copies of the rehat maryada, one from 1932 and one from 2005:

[www.panjabdigilib.org]

[www.panjabdigilib.org]

Gupt1Singh Jeeo,

Thanks for providing these links Ive been looking for them for a long time.
Where can I get a hard copy of these documents. Its harder to skim these rehats
on Punjabi digital library.
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Any links to the second draft from the 1940s? That Rehat Maryada was a second draft and supposedly the one that the modern Sikh Rehat Maryada is supposed to based on completely. Would be interesting to see what has changed without consultation of the Panth from 1940s to the present.
Does anyone know why Bhai Sahib Bahai Randhir Singh stopped attending those meetings?

Akand path with Japjee could be something else - inexplainable by us - at the end of the day it's more bani being read. And of course the one reading Japji will not be able to concentrate properly due to akand paath going on at the same time.There must be some subtle reason which only the ones who introduced it would know - the positive of it is - more Gurbani - more sikhs involved in seva
ns44 Wrote:
> Does anyone know why Bhai Sahib Bahai Randhir
> Singh stopped attending those meetings?
>
> Akand path with Japjee could be something else -
> inexplainable by us - at the end of the day it's
> more bani being read. And of course the one
> reading Japji will not be able to concentrate
> properly due to akand paath going on at the same
> time.There must be some subtle reason which only
> the ones who introduced it would know - the
> positive of it is - more Gurbani - more sikhs
> involved in seva

There seems to be no logic behind this. The whole focus should be on Guroo Sahib Ji Maharaj, nor does doing Japji Sahib "Rauls" provide any assistance to the Paatthi Singh or Singhni.
JaspreetSingh Wrote:
> ns44 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does anyone know why Bhai Sahib Bahai Randhir
> > Singh stopped attending those meetings?
> >
> > Akand path with Japjee could be something else
> -
> > inexplainable by us - at the end of the day
> it's
> > more bani being read. And of course the one
> > reading Japji will not be able to concentrate
> > properly due to akand paath going on at the
> same
> > time.There must be some subtle reason which
> only
> > the ones who introduced it would know - the
> > positive of it is - more Gurbani - more sikhs
> > involved in seva
>
>
> There seems to be no logic behind this. The whole
> focus should be on Guroo Sahib Ji Maharaj, nor
> does doing Japji Sahib "Rauls" provide any
> assistance to the Paatthi Singh or Singhni.

focus is on Guruo Sahib whether doing Japjee or Akand paath seva-- Japji Also does belong to SGGS doesn;t it?

Any links to the second draft from the 1940s? That Rehat Maryada was a second draft and supposedly the one that the modern Sikh Rehat Maryada is supposed to based on completely. Would be interesting to see what has changed without consultation of the Panth from 1940s to the present.

Unforutunately there is no link on the net. The newer version is basically an expansion
on the 1940's version. In the 2005 version some additional maryadas have been added
which were not mentioned in 1940 version. Examples include: Parkash Seva, Kirtan seva, additional
info. on AKhand Paath Seva, keeping Guru Sahib at home etc.

Some one mentioned earlier that the Panthic rehat does not support rehat of keeping a Dastar. Both 1940 and 2005 give
women the option to wear dastar. The 1940 version states a SIkh should not remove dastar or kashera.
Sukhdeep Singh ji

I do not know where to get a hard copy of these documents.

I agree it takes time to read documents on PDL, however SRM is not a long document so shouldn't cause too much trouble to read this on PDL.

If you type in 'maryada' in search bar multiple maryada's come up in books section.

Here are some more links:

[www.panjabdigilib.org] (1950)

[www.panjabdigilib.org] (1978)

The important thing to note is that is that the changes made to the original maryada were not done properly. The changes should have been made with scholars, panthic jathebandis etc.

Now at Harmandir Sahib a roti machine is used this does not seem right.
Thanks for the feedback Gupt1 SIngh jeeo,

When I read on the computer to long I start to get a headache so I prefer hard copy.
Perhaps I will just ask my brother to bring me back a hard copy the next time he
come to Cali.

I agree with the 2005 version should have been amended with panthic jathebandis and esteemed scholars, but
then again the version is pretty much a remaking of the earlier version which was conducted by eminent
scholars, and because the version is the Panthic Maryada it should not be violated.
In the Catholic faith their is a digital archive of all the edicts of the Church
for the laypeople to view. Do we have a similar archive for sangats viewing.
For example, I heard in 2006 Sri AKal Takht gave an edict stating those that
dont accept Dasam Bani are heretics. Where can I get access to this edict?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login