ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone good with Wikipedia?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Anyone good with Wikipedia?
October 18, 2011 06:37AM
Just tried typing in Akhand Kirtani Jatha and some really disturbing stuff came up. I have noticed it is "nihang" behind this (very dodgey person). Is anyone able to change the information written on there?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Anyone good with Wikipedia?
November 05, 2011 09:04PM
Yes I think u may, by making an account with them.
Wahegurrooo

Please see the following wikipedia link mentioned above; Akhand Kirtani Jatha

Please also see the SikhiWiki entry on Akhand Kirtani Jatha

Is anyone working on putting something up on wikipedia?

I could come up with something generic in the next few days and ask all of you GurmatBibek.com sangat smiling smiley

Wahegurrooo
Re: Anyone good with Wikipedia?
April 16, 2012 05:54PM
I had messaged them that the information is misleading, and obviously posted my those who have personal grudge on AKJ, to no avail, as many gandhians (know from seeing their faces displayed when visiting site for general information) employed in wikipedia, see their faces displayed when visiting site for general information.
Wikipedia is a collaborative website, which is controlled by general public as their information source. Hence, many schools, and college/universities discourage students to find their information from this site, because it is completely user based. This leads people to post all sorts of information based on opinions, personal views, and sometimes facts.

Basically anyone can sign up with Wikipedia, and edit any information on any topic. If the information is wrong, and if the website turns lucky, someone might come across and change it. This can happen with the correct information turning wrong as well. Personally I think there is no point in putting any information on that website, because any one can come after and change the information back to it's wrong form. I think people who seek facts will find their way around to a more sourceful website, and I think by now many people know Wikipedia is not always correct, and many times opinion based.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login