ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Desire To Stay Hidden -Sri Maan Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawale

Posted by gsingh 
The Desire To Stay Hidden -Sri Maan Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawale

One time, Sant Ji accompanied with a Jatha were staying at Gurdwara Nabha Sahib Patshahi 9 & 10. Kirpal Singh Nihang and Sardar Gurdial Singh Ji (Secretary at Gurdwara Manji Sahib Patshahi 6&10 Ambala City), both them and some other sangat went to visit Sant Ji. It was evening time, Sant Ji was sitting upon bed, facing towards his pillow. There was another Singh, sitting upon higher portion of the same bed and was reciting paat to Santji. So in this manner, whenever he would finish teaching Santhiyaa and reciting Katha, whatever available time he had, he would listen to Gurbani from his students. Sometimes, company that came to visit would just sit and wait and wonder when will Sant Ji finish listening to Paat so they could have time to talk with him. Santji did not give much time towards conversation with visiting sangat.
Once Bhai Kirpal Singh and co. had finished paying their homage at the Guru Darbar and finished eating Langar, then they arrived towards Santji. They loudly said ‘fateh’ , then Santji gestured to the paatee to finish the Shabad that he was on.
Then Santji turned towards them and said, “ Aao Gurmukho! what has brought you here (kivay darshan ditay)?” Bhai Kirpal Singh folded his hands and made a request, “Mahapursho, we came to meet you but not with the intention that we are worthy of your presence. Please look and see that a group of us have come with the inner desire to hear teachings from you. Please, hear the voices of meek and the ones who are in mental anguish.”
Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji said smilingly, “ O literary Singha! It was from the love that you all expressed, that the paat was halted and this free time given. Otherwise, I do not have any free time, because still my hunger has not subsided, this plate (body) is still incomplete. If I could complete this hunger and fulfill myself only then I tend to fulfilling others. I live with a fear of my Master in every moment:

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਚਾਰਿ ਗਵਾਇਆ ਹੰਢਿ ਕੈ ਚਾਰਿ ਗਵਾਇਆ ਸੰਮਿ ॥

ਲੇਖਾ ਰਬੁ ਮੰਗੇਸੀਆ ਤੂ ਆਂਹੋ ਕੇਰ੍ਹੇ ਕੰਮਿ ॥੩੮ ॥

Vaahiguroo’s account on all beings, is what creates a fear within me, because what response will I give:

ਪਛੋਤਾਵਾ ਨਾ ਮਿਲੈ ਜਬ ਚੂਕੈਗੀ ਸਾਰੀ ॥

If I fell on the path of giving all my time to just preaching to the world, then all my capital will be lost and then only regret will remain. Singha, I do not even have enough capital to spend anything yet, I am very hungry. My thirst is not quenching, then how can a person , tend to those with the same thirst.
People think that Saints have nothing to do, they think they are here to complete their needs. When they offer us meals, their expectations are that since we ate their meals, their desires should be fulfilled. The first mistake is that they think that it’s our food [we are feeding them], ego creates this heavy mistake. Then, people want us to complete whatever pure or impure desire of theirs. Gurmukhaa! Mera Vaahiguroo,

ਸਰਬ ਜੀਆ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਤਾ ॥

ਸਰਬ ਜੀਆ ਕਉ ਦੇਵਣਹਾਰਾ ॥
ਟੂਟੀ ਗਾਢਨਹਾਰ ਗੁੋਪਾਲ ॥ (unicode error)

ਸਰਬ ਜੀਆ ਆਪੇ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲ ॥

Parmeshwar is giving all food to all, however it’s our mistake that we think that we are providing food for his Saints and Bhagats. So, in return they threaten or coerce them. Yet, they do not know

ਜਿਨਿ ਜੀਉ ਦੀਆ ਸੁ ਰਿਜਕੁ ਅੰਬਰਾਵੈ ॥
ਸਭ ਘਟ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਹਾਟੁ ਚਲਾਵੈ ॥

What the command of Vaahiguroo is, they recognize and then they choose to ignore it. Wordly people look for the easiest means to fulfill their wishes. The attempt and effort one should make, that they do not want to make. The do not accept or obey our Guru’s teachings:

ਕਰਿ ਬੰਦਿਗੀ ਛਾਡਿ ਮੈ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਰਿ ਸਵੇਰਾ ॥੨॥

When Vaahiguroo is delivering sustenance to every being existing on this earth, yet still we do not make a request before him:

ਅਣਮੰਗਿਆ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਵਸੀ ਵਡਾ ਅਗਮ ਅਪਾਰੁ ॥੩੪॥

Us beings are never fulfilled and satisfied inside, so how can this poor, low, insignificant being do to complete their wishes. Singho, I am attempting to get rid of my own hunger.”
In this way SantJi, would not attempt to cause any interference within his connection with Parmatma, but at the same time answered all the questions sitting that were sitting in the heads of the group of Singhs. Santji would never fall into theses awkward situations. While travelling through the world all they really do is:

ਸਾਚਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਗਾ ॥
ਲੋਗਨ ਸਿਉ ਮੇਰਾ ਠਾਠਾ ਬਾਗਾ ॥੧ ॥

With Mahapurshs, Vaahiguroo’s Saints are only very loosely meeting with worldy people on the outside. They keep their eye focused on their path and goal. They stay quiet, within the will of Vaahiguroo, and keep walking.

Written By: Gupt Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login