ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Meaning of this tukk from Bachittar Natak?

Posted by harinder_singh 
[www.sridasam.org]

ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਹੈ ਪਿਤਾ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਦੇਬਿ ਕਾਲਿਕਾ ਮਾਤ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥
सरब काल है पिता अपारा ॥ देबि कालिका मात हमारा ॥
He, my Lord is Father and Destroyer of all, the goddess Kalika is my mother.

On another website, the above tukk is being used to prove that Dashmesh Pita worshipped chandi(Kalika). Need to know the correct meaning of the above tukk .
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

"ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਹੈ ਪਿਤਾ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਦੇਬਿ ਕਾਲਿਕਾ ਮਾਤ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥"He, my Lord is Father and Destroyer of all, the goddess Kalika is my mother.

English translation does not seems right for mother. The context should be understood with Gurbani lens ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਤੂੰ ਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤਾ ॥, not with Hindu phobic glasses. I think, it is the the padd shed of ਕਾਲਿਕਾ which makes the difference. It’s (ਕਾਲਿਕਾ) been used to manipulate the thought against Dasam Granth. It should be read as ਕਾਲਿ ਕਾ then I think meaning would be ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਕਾਲਾਂ ਦਾ ਕਾਲ that is ਅਕਾਲਪੁਰਖ alone is my mother. No Hindu goddess was the mother of Guru Sahib. It is only and the only AkaalPurakh who is the father and mother of Guru Sahib and hence of Khalsa.

On another website, the above tukk is being used to prove that Dashmesh Pita worshipped chandi(Kalika). Need to know the correct meaning of the above tukk .

I think this is also under Guru Sahib’s Bhana that these so called Sikh professors are doing criticism of Dasam Granth, Naam Simran, Amritvela and Rehat Bibek. May be Guru Sahib are awakening His Khalsa to become more tyaar bar tyaar for future seva. Let them beat the water with stick, at the end of the day Khalsa shall be doing more Naam Simran, Keeping Amritvela and Rehat Bibek no matter what these Misguided and ignorant people are saying. For more than 100 years they tried to establish the myth as realty that Khalsa can be a meat eater but with Guru Sahib’s apaar Kirpa and with presence of great Gurmati Degh they could not succeed. Time will explore the real truth anyway.
While its possible the pad chedd has been wrongly broken I still
wouldnt see any reason why the use of Kalika would be wrong.

In Gurbani, there are many kirtam names which have hindu and polytheistic origins.
For example, in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji we have kirtam names "Allah", and
"Raam". Raam originally referred to Ram Chander and Allah originally referred
to the Moon God worshiped by Arabic pagans. Hindus also use to worship the sun and the moon as God.
When GUru SAhib says Hay Rav Hay Sas, obviously Guru Sahib is praising WaaheGuru not the sun or Moon.

In Gurmat there is one Name that we praise and meditate on and this is WaaheGuru.
However, because Gurbani is written in poetic verse there are kirtam names that exist to give
rhythm to the verses. For example when GUru Sahib says Ram Naam simar.. Obviously Guru Sahib
is not given us Hukum to Jaap mantar of Raam Raam. Instead Guru Sahib is telling us to Jaap WaaheGuru
WaaheGuru. The word Raam is used because it rhymes with Naam.

The problem is in SIkhi we have two camps. We have the missionaries
who will deny these verses due to Hinduphobia. Then we have the sanatan "sikhs" who use these verses
to propagate their twisted version of SIkhi.

Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji has written a great article about this subject. At the end of CharitroPakhya
Guru Sahib says " Kirpa Karee Ham Par Jagmata Granth Kara Puran Shub Rata" Many Sanatanist
say Jagmata refers to Mata Kali while many missionaries deny these verses because o the references
to Jagmata. Bhai Sahib has eloquently explained how Jagmata refers to Akal Purakh. In Gurbani
God is referred to both mother and father. For example, In Sri Sukhmani Sahib
and in Ardas we say Tu mat pita ham barik teyrey ...

Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji states the following
ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਮਹਾਂ ਅਗਿਆਨੀ “ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਤੂੰ ਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤਾ” ਦੇ ਅਰਥ ਇਉਂ ਅਰਥਾਵੇ ਕਿ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਸਾਡਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ‘ਕਾਲਕਾ’ ਸਾਡੀ ਮਾਤਾ ਹੈ, ਇਹ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਮਤਿ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਇਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹੀ ਅਜਿਹੇ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਅਗਿਆਨੀ “ਸ੍ਰੀ ਬਾਵਨ ਅਖਰੀ” ਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤ ਵਿਚ ਆਏ ਇਸ ਸਲੋਕ ਦਾ ਵੀ ਕੋਝੀ ਮਨਮਤਿ ਭਰਿਆ ਅਰਥ ਕਰ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਯਥਾ:-
ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮਾਤਾ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਪਿਤਾ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰਾ॥

taken from
[www.dushtdaman.org]
Bhai Harinder singh ji

This is from last chapter of Bachitra Natak i.e. Fourteenth chapter and is titled as " Sarabkal nu benti." It is a prayer to akal purakh who is father as well mother.

The last line of this chapter reads as below and denotes Guru sahib's prayer to akal purakh.

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੇ ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਕੀ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਬਰਨਨੰ ਨਾਮ ਚੌਦਸਮੋ ਧਿਆਇ ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ਸਤੁ ਸੁਭਮ ਸਤੁ ॥੧੪॥ਅਫਜੂ॥੪੭੧॥
इति स्री बचित्र नाटक ग्रंथे सरब काल की बेनती बरननं नाम चौदसमो धिआइ समापतम सतु सुभम सतु ॥१४॥अफजू॥४७१॥
End of Fourteenth Chapter of BACHITTAR NATAK entitled `Description of the Supplication to ever existent Lord, Destroyer of All`.14.471.

Unquote

In Dasam Granth sahib, Guru sahib uses lot of metaphors for akal purakh and hence literal translation is misleading especially when Guru sahib has made his belief clear in the preceding chapters of Bachitra Natak and elsewhere.

ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ਸਤੁ ਸੁਭਮ ਸਤੁ

It is interesting to note that many Gursikhs do wrong Padd-chhed of the above adh-Pankiti:

ਸਮਾਪਤ ਮਸਤੁ ਸੁਭ ਮਸਤੁ

The correct Padd-chhed is the one quoted by Bhai Inder Singh jee.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login