ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hazooria

Posted by kirpakaro 
Hazooria
September 12, 2011 11:14AM
VaheguroooojeekaakhalsaaaaVaheguroooojeekeefatehhhh!!!!
As I understand, Hazooria is a symbol of humility showing that we are servants (Laale-goole) of Hazoor (Guru Sahib) and hence in Guru Sahib darbaar we always keep Hazooria. Is it important to keep Hazooria at all times even with western clothing or just with Baana in Guru Sahib's darbaar is sufficient?
VaheguroooojeekaakhalsaaaaVaheguroooojeekeefatehhhh!!!!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Hazooria
September 12, 2011 10:42PM
If you wear bana as rehit everyday, then definitely one must have an hazooria.
Bana looks weird without hazooria, belive it or not.

Also hazooria should only be white.

we see jatha samagams in india doing blue and kesree hazooriye
absolutely wrong!

hazooria is used for sevaa which sometimes includes cleaning and wiping.

How can the color of nishaan sahib and our bungay be used for such a purpose?
September 13, 2011 04:12AM
Bhai Sahib Upkaar Singh Jeo,

Your point of not using hazooriya of kesree colour, does it have any historical evidence (rehatnama, any Guru-Sakhi, etc), or is it your own sharda?

Pls note that I'm not trying to refute what u have mentioned; I'm just trying to find out the basis of it, and trying to learn from it.

Thanks,
-JP
September 13, 2011 04:21AM
Bhai Upkaar Singh ji,

Blue and kasree (basanti in fact) understood are used for Nishan Sahib and so should not be for the harzoriya. With this reasoning, I suppose black is also ok for the hazoriya?
What about other decent colours like sky blue (because navy blue, surmai, is for nishan sahib)?
Why only white?
September 13, 2011 05:57AM
ਅਗਰ ਨੀਲੇ ਤੇ ਕੇਸਰੀ ਰੰਗ ਦੇ ਹਜੂਰੀਏ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੈ ਸਕਦੇ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਇਹ ਰੰਗ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੇ ਬੁਨ੍ਗੇਆਂ ਦੇ ਹਨ ਤਾਂ ਕੀ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਦੇ ਵਸਤਰ ਸਵਾ ਕੇ ਪਾਏ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ
September 13, 2011 07:00AM
Traditionally, only White Hazooriya has been worn by Khalsa. Just look at an old picture of any Gurmukh - Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, Bhindranwale Sants (all of them from Sant Sunder Singh onwards), Sant Mastuanewale etc. and you will find that only White hazooriya has been worn. Similarly, Kachhera can be White only and not any other colour.

The allowable or acceptable colours for Dastar are 4 - Blue, White, Basanti and Black but not for Hazooriya and Kachhera.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
September 13, 2011 10:23AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Interestingly, one of the oldest Jathebandi, the Nihangs, wear navy blue and kesri hazooriae.

Baba Nihal Singh:

September 13, 2011 10:43AM
ਭਾਈ ਆਪਾਂ ਨਿਹੰਗਾਂ ਦੀ ਰੀਸ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ। ਜੋ ਉਹ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਕੇਵਲ ਉਹ ਹੀ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹ ਤਾਂ ਸੁੱਖਾ (ਭੰਗ) ਵੀ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਨਾਂ ਤੇ ਪੀਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਮਾਸ ਵੀ ਮਹਾ-ਪਰਸ਼ਾਦ ਕਹਿ ਕੇ ਛਕਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਗਤਿ ਮਿਤਿ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਣ ਸਕਦਾ।

ਹਾਂ ਅਖੰਡ ਕੀਰਤਨੀ ਜਥਾ, ਟਕਸਾਲ ਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਜਥੇਬੰਦੀਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਬੰਧਤ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਸਫੇਦ ਹਜ਼ੂਰੀਆ ਹੀ ਪਹਿਣਦੇ ਆਏ ਹਨ।

ਬਾਕੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀਆਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਹੀ ਜਾਣਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ
September 13, 2011 10:59AM
ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਜੀ, ਜੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਪੁਰਾਤਨ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਫ਼ੋਟੌਆਂ ਵੇਖੋ, ਤੁਸੀਂ ਨੋਟ ਕਰੂਂਗੇ ਕਿ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਸਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖਾਂ
ਨੇ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਚੀਟਾ ਹਜ਼ੂਰੀਆ ਹੀ ਪਹਿਨਿਆ ਹੈ, ਕੀ ਗੱਲ ਜੇ, ਅਸੀਂ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਵੀ ਉਚੇ ਹੋਗੇ?

ਤੇ ਐਮ ਐਸ ਪੰਜ ਸੋ ਚੋਦਾਂ ਜੀ, ਆ ਬਾਬਾ ਨਿਹਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਦੀ ਫ਼ੋਟੋ ਪਾਕੇ ਕੀ ਪਰੂਵ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦੇ ਹੋ?
September 13, 2011 11:21AM

Ok, let's ask it this way to get a more definitive answer:

Is there a Hukamnama that defines that a Hazooria must be white at all times? (No, not talking about the SGPC advisory to Granthi Sikhs).

Also, will Shaheed Bhai Sukhdev Singh Babbar do?

[panthic.org]

How about Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale?

[picasaweb.google.com]

I am raising this point because, unless there is an actual Hukamnama or reference that Hazooria have to be white, we are inventing a Rehat that does not exist.

Please dispel my ignorance.
September 13, 2011 11:41AM
The wearing of non-White Hazooriaas is a recent practice that started in the 1970s. No one is saying that if one wears a non-White hazooriya, he or she becomes a Tankhaia of a Patit but the truth of the matter is that Hazooriya as per tradition has been always White.

By saying that so and so Singh used to wear non-White hazooriya does not prove anything. There are so many respectable Gursikh Kharkoos who used to wear Pant-Kameez and nokdaar Patilashahi Pagg but that does not mean that these practices have automatically become Gurmat.

More than a decade ago, I sometimes used to wear a Kesri Hazooriya because I did not know any better. If someone uses an old picture of me, wearing a Kesri Hazooriya, to prove that I supported wearing non-White Hazooriya, that would be unfair. Kharkoo Singhs were wonderful and very loving Gursikhs but they were not an authority on Rehit like Gurmukhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee were.

It is true that non-White hazooriya is better than not having a Hazooriya at all but keeping in mind our tradition, it is best to always wear White hazooriya.

Kulbir Singh
Anonymous User
September 13, 2011 11:50AM
Vaheguroo Gurmukh pyareo dass wears Blue, White and Orange hazooria, as do many other Singhs in the Dal. Nihang Singhs have always worn blue Hazooria and there is nothing wrong with that. Please Guroo Pyareo do not say that those who do not wear only white hazooria are wrong.
September 13, 2011 11:58AM

"Kharkoo Singhs were wonderful and very loving Gursikhs but they were not an authority on Rehit like Gurmukhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee were."

Please bear in mind that Sant Jarnail Singh Ji was head of Taksal and was not uneducated in the principles of Gurmat, but rather a teacher of it. I would be most hesitant to pit one Gursikh against another.

The only means to resolve this with finality is to provide a Rehatnama that delineates that a hazooria must be white. Apart from that, this insistence that a hazooria must be white is being based in its entirety on Bhai Sahib's color choice of hazooria.
September 13, 2011 12:15PM
Manvinder Singh, karpakaro asked the opinion/suggestions of Gursikhs here and hence they gave theirs. Not to hear you arguments. You discuss less and debate more.

I have noticed you have the habit of first asking questions in "politely worded sentences" before proceeding in making futher posts where you show your true colors.
Neither it is a secret that you generally have issues with AKJ.

Go to other forums and hijack thread & don't spoil the peaceful environment here.

Chota veer
September 13, 2011 12:27PM
ਜੋ ਅਸੀਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਲਿਖ ਦਿਤਾ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸਨੂੰ ਪਸੰਦ ਹੋਵੇ ਉਹ ਮੰਨ ਲਵੇ ਤੇ ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਭਾਇਆ, ਉਸ ਤੇ ਕੋਈ ਜ਼ਬਰਦਸਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ।

ਭੁਲ ਚੁਕ ਦੀ ਮੁਆਫੀ ਜੀ।

ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.