ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did Sant Gurbachan Singh keep Sarbloh Bibek?

Posted by bhai 
I have always wondered, because some people say he did, and some say their not sure. Does anyone know for sure?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Neither do I have an answer for you, and neither do I think it is a wise idea to pursue an answer for this question.

The amount of kamaayee gurmukh pyare such as them had, is at an unimaginable level.

If they didn't, then yes they should have kept it.

But to pursue the answer, to such a question is foolish, in my opinion.

What good are you getting out of it ?

There's no such thing as general knowledge in sikhee.

You should know and follow what matters.

Excuse me for sounding harsh, but I feel a deeper look inside ourselves, sometimes is more crucial than questioning others.

especially those at such an unbelievable level.

There was a lot more "Bibek" to sant gurbachan singh jee, than simply eating out of iron utensils, which he most likely did, without advertising it openly.

Amritdhaarees prepared food, and it was served in sarabloh, steel is a recent innovation in punjab.

Vaheguroo jee
valid question indeed if you cannot ask then why have this thread - may as well shut it all down
Yes They Did.
Before joining Taksal I think Baba Ji followed Sarab Loh Bibek, but afterwards I think he stopped practicing it.He does
not mention anything about this rehat in his book Gurmat Maryada which is about Rehat.
Sukhdeep Singh, why would Baba Ji have stopped following this rehat after joining taxal?
Vahegurooo Vaheguroo
akaal purkh baksh lai

SIngh Upkaar singh ki jai nai onai nai rakhi si sarbloh fir ki akaal purkh nu milan lai hajar ra han kai mahapursh sant baba nand singh ji nai nai bibek rakhi si sant baba attar singh also did not
that makes them no less then any other mahapurkh there is no difference in keeping or not your comment "If they didn't, then yes they should have kept it why it didnt affect there kamayee
upkaar singh - by saying "If they didn't, then yes they should have kept it." -- you are very very very immature -- think about it before replying
Guroo Sahib is the most supreme being

The Akand Keertanee Jatha considers Sarabloh Bibek an Akaalee Hukam for all Gursikhs.

There is little doubt, this is a jatha mindset based forum.

If I can even lick the dust under Sant jee's feet one time, I would consider my life-fulfilled.

At the same time, no gursikh can ignore guroo sahibs divine hukam.

By assuming that he didn't, without any reference, is where the immaturity lies.

I already mentioned, that he did, and probably did it without too much focus or advertisement from it.

Regardless, I apologize for a wrongly worded ill-timed message. Sorry to anyone who found it immature and "offensive"

On a side note: sometimes it's best to focus only and only on Guroo Sahib himself alone.

Mahapurakhs wouldn't be too happy either, if they saw people bickering over what they did, and didn't and wasting our time.

The same goes for Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee, no bias.

This daas's personal defition of immaturity are posts like this, what good does the original poster get out of asking this question really!
ns44 jee, as good intentions as you might have with your reply to no doubt a very poorly chosen sentence I wrote,

It seems you missed the rest of the message completely to feel the need to stress how immature I am. (times 3)

Anyways, thanks for stating the truth, much appreciated =)
Bhai Jodh Singh (Delhi) in his book Tvareek Akhand Kirtani Jatha mentions one meeting of Bhai Randhir Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh. As daas does not have that book infront of him so writing brief narration from memory:

Bhai Sahib went to meet Sant Gurbachan Singh ji with some singhs. The sevadaars brought the milk and bhai sahib politely refused to drink the milk by saying Fateh. One of Sant ji's companions said "Ena da sarabloh hai" (They keep sarabloh). Sant ji said where this milk comes from that is made up of chamm (skin/leather). Then the discussion moved on to other topics. Bhai Sahib and Sant Ji did bachan bilaas on other topics of gurmat and panth. No one bothered to even think about this sarabloh topic. The whole meeting went ahead in a lot of love and mutual respect for each other.
"Bhai Jodh Singh (Delhi) in his book Tvareek Akhand Kirtani Jatha mentions one meeting of Bhai Randhir Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh."

Can someone please upload the original in Panjabi. Also could someone share more information on bhai Jodh Singh ji, his relationship to bhai sahib and Jatha and other books he has written thanks.

Also, I think it is important to keep in mind that both these great Gurmukhs had pyar for each other despite small differences. I don't think bhai sahib has attacked any jatha, taksal in his writings but presented his views on various subjects. Also Sant Gurbachan Singh ji has called bhai sahib a Sant and Guru Piare in his writings. This Gurmukhi pyar between jatha's does not exist today. We need to revive this pyar again.

Please upload any other meetings that these great Gurmukhs had in the original Panjabi if possible. I remember reading another meeting between these two great Gurmukhs when Sant ji was giving santhiya to his students and bhai sahib and bhai Atma Singh ji were walking nearby.
Daas has the book at home and posted the above message from work. I will try to scan and upload the image later today.

Agreed Bhai Jodh Singh did not compare but only wrote about the pyaar between the singhs. The above example also shows the immense love and mutual respect the mahapurkhs had for each other.
Well said akaal47 we all know the respective rehits of each jatha, dera, sampradai.
Baar, baar eh gal karni sanu ki labh milna?
Lets focus on the pyar between Gurmukhs rather than differences. Rehit of each jatha is easily available from books or the internet.
Lets focusing on attaining laha (profit) by looking at the kamai and jeevan of Gurmukhs. We have choice of which maryada we want to follow, but lets not argue about this and maintain respect for each other, just like Bhai Sahib and Sant ji did.

Akaal47 ji, I look forward to reading the upload. Thanks. Please share more info you have on bhai Jodh Singh ji and his books.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Upkaar Singh Jeeo - Many Thanks for apologizing and reiterating your comments. And as you have replied my dear brother in a such humble manner- I apologize for mentioning " immature" 3 times too as that too was an error on my part, i repeated it like a parrot.

This thread is turning into a very positive way - absolutely this should be the way to turn any negative debates of the past into positiveness.

Hopefully the expansion of pyar between two prominent jathebandess is expanded here even more.

I have read about the immense pyar between the two before 1984 but after 84 it turned kind of sour-, but let's stay focussed on the pyar.
For e.g on all trival issue such as raagmala it's a known fact when taksali;s questioned Sant Jarnail Singh Jee Bindrawale about raagmala that he replied "call sarbat khalsa at the Akal Takht - pass the mata and I follow whatever the Khalsa decides " -- and he moved onto other important things that he was involved at the time. Time and time again the old critical issues arise and questions will arise -- but the response should be how the Gursikhs love each other regardless of minor differences in rehat of which none is a BAJJAR kurehat.
Vaheguroo jee
How do you upload image or pdf document to the post? Daas has scanned the pages from Bhai Jodh Singh's book.
"How do you upload image or pdf document to the post? Daas has scanned the pages from Bhai Jodh Singh's book."

Benti to admin to help veer akaal74 ji upload pages of book. Veer ji please upload any other interesting pages from the book for benefit of readers, once you work out how to upload.

Guru Rakhe
Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee were a staunch supporter of keeping gurmat bibek. They would not let the singhs in the jatha to eat from non amritdharees. I have a lot of information on what they said about bibek and sarbloh maryada, but I cant find it at the moment, when I do I will post it. Sant Gurbachan Singh jee said that during amrit sanchaar EVERYTHING must be of sarbloh, the kirpan, khanda, bata, baaltee, karahee, karshee etc.
Daas managed to scan and upload the image from BHai sahib's book:

BhaiSahibmeetingSantji
upkaar singh ji bhai sahib ji has lots of kamai and just as a matter of fact baba ji used to eat only from gursikhs.
sant gurbachan singh ji only used to eat from gursikhs.
NO but he only ate from gursikhs.
gurus babiha who are you talking to? seems as if you are talking to yourself...

Sant Gurbachan Singh kept bibek. He would not eat from non-amritdharis, that's pretty clear.
Here's a extract from the late Bhai Kaur Singh jee writer of books such as Khalsa Vidhaan, Raam Raj etc. It proves that Sant jee kept Sarbloh Bibek why won't we just accept it. Surely it's a good thing he kept Rehats. Why would we think about disproving it...??

"When Gianee Gurbachan Singh Jee Khaalsaa was head of Taksaal there were less weaknesses. Candidates for Amrit were instructed to keep Sarbloh Bibek".

"He especially had great love and affection for Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh. Believe it or not, both of their Rehats were almost exactly matching. After the passing away of the two Singhs, weaknesses crept in to both Jathebandeeaa".
Vista Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> "He especially had great love and affection for
> Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh. Believe it or not, both
> of their Rehats were almost exactly matching.
> After the passing away of the two Singhs,
> weaknesses crept in to both Jathebandeeaa".

even though i commented on this topic before - and i think i was wrong to comment - apologies sangat jeeo - my thoughts on this topic
is now as below:

100% correct weaknes has crept in jathebandeaa -and still is there due doubt - dubeda - asking the same old questions over and over -
The fact is it doesn't matter to the ones asking one bit to even one bit - irritating it may sound -you know why? becasue if they had love
for Guru Suahbi - then they just wouldn't ask this question would they?

surprised this topic is not done and dusted - closed by admins --
Reply Quote Bhai Sahib ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C16948%2C18365%23msg-18365" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
On a side note, we should not question what gurmukhs did or didn't.
I'm not sure what quiry the original question is intended to answer.

It's pointless to even question such things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login