Advanced

natural disasters happen worldwide in past 2 days

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
7.0 magnitude earthquake his Japan: [www.cnn.com]

8.8 magnitude earthquake hits Chile: [www.cnn.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Is it a sign of end times?
anyone remember gyani thakur singhs jee's katha in december?
he said in the coming months there will many earthquakes.......
anyone remember that... pretty astonishing..eye popping smiley
Can you post link to the katha?
Susheel Kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it a sign of end times?

It is a sign of a new age a better age where people were start to contemplate whats important in life.

Sometimes death happens to wake up a person to reality.

As Gursikhs we should not indulge in all this Armageddon fantasy.
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਪਾਣੀ ਪਿਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਕਾ ਫਿਰਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ ॥੨॥
Water is the father of the world; in the end, water destroys it all. ||2||
ਪਾਣੀ ਤੋਂ ਸਾਰਾ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਹੀ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਨੂੰ ਨਾਸ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ।੨।

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
Singhbj jeeo,

Water is the father of the world; in the end, water destroys it all. ||2||
ਪਾਣੀ ਤੋਂ ਸਾਰਾ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਹੀ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਨੂੰ ਨਾਸ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ।੨।

I agree that water can destroy the world but how does water only destroy the world. Other elements can destror the world as well.

Sometimes fire too destroys the world as in the case of nuclear bombing.

At other times the "Earth" element too can destroy the world e.g. if a comet or other heavenly body hits Earth.

So the meaning of the second half of this pankiti should be something else.

Kulbir Singh
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Kulbir Singh ji,

I found the English & Punjabi translation differ.

That is why i posted both.

By WAHEGURU's grace i think the reference here is of the whole world ( ਜਗਤ ) so ( ਫਿਰਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ ) means " End of the World ".

If you can find any other viakhiya or explaination, kindly post.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
biggest disaster is to be not in love with ones Beloved.
Worldly disasters come and go........

Chota veer
singhbj Wrote:
> Waheguru ji ka khalsa
> Waheguru ji ki fateh
>
> Kulbir Singh ji,
>
> I found the English & Punjabi translation differ.
>
> That is why i posted both.
>
> By WAHEGURU's grace i think the reference here is
> of the whole world ( ਜਗਤ ) so ( ਫਿਰਿ
> ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ ) means " End of
> the World ".
>
> If you can find any other viakhiya or
> explaination, kindly post.
>
> Waheguru ji ka khalsa
> Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Sahib I think you are taken this pangti to literal. Perhaps panee is a poetic word referring to purification ritualism.

Lets look at the whole pauri instead of focusing on one pangti.

ਨਾਨਕ ਚੁਲੀਆ ਸੁਚੀਆ ਜੇ ਭਰਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਕੋਇ ॥

ਸੁਰਤੇ ਚੁਲੀ ਗਿਆਨ ਕੀ ਜੋਗੀ ਕਾ ਜਤੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਣ ਚੁਲੀ ਸੰਤੋਖ ਕੀ ਗਿਰਹੀ ਕਾ ਸਤੁ ਦਾਨੁ ॥

ਰਾਜੇ ਚੁਲੀ ਨਿਆਵ ਕੀ ਪੜਿਆ ਸਚੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥

ਪਾਣੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਨ ਧੋਪਈ ਮੁਖਿ ਪੀਤੈ ਤਿਖ ਜਾਇ ॥

In this pauri Guru Sahib is saying true cleansiness comes through "profound understanding" ( Bibek). Meaning people are doing things blindly without any knowledge of what they are doing.

Guru Sahib then states according to a persons role and understanding they engage in different hypocritical rituals ( Pakhand Karam) to purify themselves. For example, the brahmin will eat little ( fast) but when nobody is looking will pig out. The householder will give to charity but expect much in return. The same way people donate to the Gurdwara and expect many rewards in retrun, the King will punish those that do bad, and because he expects full obedience from his subjects.
So under trigun all are subject to deyna leyna ( Give and take) philosophy. Trapped in complete ignorance or a lack of profound understanding the whole world is being eaten up. So Guru Sahib is saying this ritual cleansing is destroying the world.

I think Guru Sahib is saying one can only clean the mouth ( chule) when one has no desires when one recites Gods name without any other desires in mind.

It seems like we are trying to get into this Christianized apocalyptic mat. How can anything ever be destroyed. The soul never dies nor does the mind die. If Akal Purakh destroyed the material matter he will just create more to give reincarnated atmas a frame. So I dont this its healthy from a spiritual and mental perspective to get into all this end of the world theories. We should be more concerned about our understanding. Without understanding ourselves and God then we are already dead.

Im less concerned about the world ending through water or earthquakes, and more concerned about the world ending from "political leaders" like Bush and Badal, lol
if anyone wants the katha:
[www.scottishsikhs.org]

its pretty long might want look around and find the exact time i cant remember it off the back of my head
Susheel Kaur Wrote:
> Is it a sign of end times?

what is "end times" in the context of gurmat? i don't think such a thing exists. "end times" is a christian/muslim concept that includes natural disasters, etc. per my limited understanding these shouldn't have any significance for sikhs though (except to create a great need for seva). anyway it's in waheguru's hands, not ours. whatever we see on the news, we need to trust that guru sahib will guide us through whatever happens, and take the opportunity to help our fellow man in whatever way we can.
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

The meanings for highlighted part of Pankiti seem to be that Everybody Consumes Water not that Water Consumes Everybody. Veer Ji kindly consult some other TEEKA or WEBSITE.
Bhai Sahib MB Singh jeeo,

The meanings for highlighted part of Pankiti seem to be that Everybody Consumes Water not that Water Consumes Everybody. Veer Ji kindly consult some other TEEKA or WEBSITE.

ਦਿਲ ਖੁਸ਼ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ। Bhai MB Singh jeeo, you have hit the nail right on the head. There were doubts in my mind about the meanings posted by Singhbj jee. This is why in my previous post, I put all these questions doubting the meanings that Veer Singhbj posted.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has done the meanings that ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ means that everyone (ਸਭੁ) consumes water not that water consumes everyone.

There are some who raise the doubt that if the meanings were that everyone consumes water, then instead of ਖਾਇ the verb should have been ਪੀਇ . Good point. The answer to this doubt is that in Gurbani the verb ਖਾਇ does not always mean eating only, it can also mean drinking as is the case in the following pankiti:

ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਲਗੀ ਪਿਆਸ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸੇਇ ਖਾਹਿ ॥

In the above pankiti, in response to ਪਿਆਸ , Guru Sahib has used ਖਾਹਿ and not ਪੀਵਹਿ. From this we can safely assume that the word ਖਾਹਿ can be interpreted as consuming (both drinking and eating).

Gurbani Agam Agaadh Biodh hai jee. No one can claim to know Gurbani with perfection.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Waheguru Ji, it is good that U have found the meanings as done by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji. Which book is that? U have found excellant clarification for ਖਾਇ in ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਲਗੀ ਪਿਆਸ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸੇਇ ਖਾਹਿ ॥ In Gursikh Bole we use CHHAKNA for both eating as well as drinking.

So the main idea of Shabad seems to say that water is important, but ਪਾਣੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਨ ਧੋਪਈ and ਨਾਨਕ ਚੁਲੀਆ ਸੁਚੀਆ ਜੇ ਭਰਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
I think I saw the meaning done by Bhai Sahib in "Gurbani diya Laga Matra dee Vilakhanta". It was a while ago, so I could be wrong too.

Kulbir Singh
A friend once told me that in the Bengali language, the terminology they use for eating and drinking is one, i.e. they say "eating" for both food and water. Could this be something similar?
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

If we see the punjabi viakran or grammar, learn or know how to make a sentence than

the explaination given above by MB Singh ji & seconded by Kulbir Singh ji is incorrect.

Gurbani is ਫਿਰਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ meaning "water eats all"

according to your vichaar, verse should be " fir sabh pani khaye ".

I would request Jasjit Singh ji (who writes punjabi posts) to give his opinion.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Singhbj jeeo,

If we see the punjabi viakran or grammar, learn or know how to make a sentence than

the explaination given above by MB Singh ji & seconded by Kulbir Singh ji is incorrect.

Gurbani is ਫਿਰਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ meaning "water eats all"

according to your vichaar, verse should be " fir sabh pani khaye ".

As far as Viyakaran is concerned, there is no problem in interpreting as we (daas and MB Singh did it).  In poetry, the words are not set as regular writing and in this  case the meaning is not even complicated - ਪਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਭ ਕੋਈ ਖਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। This is perfectly fine even as per regular writing.

Kulbir Singh

ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਬੀ ਜੇ ਜੀਉ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ  ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ । ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥

I would request Jasjit Singh ji (who writes punjabi posts) to give his opinion.

ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਇਕ ਸਾਰਥਿਕ ਵੀਚਾਰ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਸੋਚੀ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਚੰਗੀ ਗੱਲ ਹੈ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਪਿਛਲੀਆਂ ਪੋਸਟਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਜੋ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਸੋਚ ਔਰ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਵਲੀ ਵਰਤੀ ਉਹ ਕਿਸੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਦੀ ਤਾਂ ਦੂਰ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਹਾਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਅਸਭਿਅਕ ਬੰਦੇ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਕਹੀ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਸੀ। ਫਿਰ ਵੀ ਅਗਰ ਸਵੇਰ ਦਾ ਭੁੱਲਿਆ ਸ਼ਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਘਰ ਆ ਜਾਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਉਸਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲਿਆ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ। ਜੇਕਰ ਸਾਡੇ ਜ਼ਿਹਨ ਵਿਚ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਘਰ ਕਰ ਜਾਵੇ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਿਖੇ ਅਸੀ ਸਿਰਫ ਨਾਮ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਸਾਂਝਾਂ ਹੀ ਪਾਉਣ ਹੀ ਆਏ ਹਾਂ ਤੇ ਬਾਕੀ ਸਭ ਕੁਝ ਬੇਅਰਥਾ ਹੀ ਚਲਾ ਜਾਏਗਾ ਤਾਂ ਜੀਵਨ ਸੰਵਰਨ ਨੂੰ ਦੇਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੱਗੇਗੀ। “ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥” ਸੋ ਇਸ ਆਸ਼ੇ ਨੂੰ ਮੁਖ ਰਖ ਕੇ ਅਗਰ ਅਸੀਂ ਕੋਈ ਵੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਂਗੇ ਉਹ ਹੀ ਲੇਖੇ ਵਿਚ ਜਾਵੇਗਾ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਵੀ ਕਿਉਂ ਨਾ ਹੋਵੇ। ਦਾਸ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਲੈਕਚਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੇ ਰਿਹਾ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਦਾਸ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਉਨੀਂ ਹੀ ਢੁਕਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿੰਨੀ ਬਾਕੀਆ ਉਤੇ। ਸੰਗਤ ਨੂੰ ਜਿਥੇ ਲੱਗੇ ਦਾਸ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਤੋਂ ਹੀਣੀ ਗੱਲ ਕਰਨ ਲੱਗ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਬਾਗੀ ਹੋ ਰਹੇ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਵਾਪਸ ਰਾਹ ਤੇ ਲਿਆਉਣ ਲਈ ਕੋਈ ਵੀ ਡੰਨ ਲਾ ਸਕਦੀ ਹੈ। ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਪ੍ਰੇਮਾ ਭਗਤੀ ਦਾ ਮਾਰਗ ਹੈ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਕੋਈ ਕਿਸੇ ਤੇ ਜ਼ਬਰਦਸਤੀ ਵੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ। ਖੈਰ! ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ opinion ਪੁੱਛਿਆ ਹੈ, ਇਸ ਤੁਛ ਬੁੱਧੀ ਵਾਲੇ ਦਾ opinion ਵੀ ਕੋਈ ਮੈਨੇ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜਾਂ ਆਪਜੀ ਹੀ ਦੱਸ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ। ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਇਸ ਤੁਕ ਦੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਆਕਰਣ ਮੁਤਾਬਿਕ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ: 

"ਪਾਣੀ ਪਿਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਕਾ ਫਿਰਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ॥" ਇੱਕ ਗੱਲ ਜੋ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਚੰਗੀ ਕਹੀ ਕਿ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਆਕਰਣ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕੀਤੀ ਜਾਵੇ। ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਆਕਰਣ ਦੇ ਤੱਥ ਨੂੰ ਮੰਨਣ ਦੀ ਦਾਸ ਤਹਿ ਦਿਲੋਂ ਕਦਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਇਸਤਰਾਂ ਜੇ ਹਰੇਕ ਸਿੱਖ ਮੰਨਣ ਲਗ ਜਾਏ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਅਰਥਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਪਏ ਹੋਏ ਜਾਂ ਪਾਏ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਰੋਲੇ ਘਚੋਲੇ ਨੂੰ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੱਦ ਤੱਕ ਠੱਲ ਪੈ ਸਕਦੀ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਉਮੀਦ ਹੈ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਵਰਗੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਸੁਹਿਰਦਤਾ ਨਾਲ ਇਸਤੇ ਪਹਿਰਾ ਦੇਣਗੇ।

ਦਾਸ ਦਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਆਕਰਣ ਬਾਬਤ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਗਿਆਨ ਨਹੀਂ। ਭਾਈ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਇਸ ਵਿਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਮੁਹਾਰਤ ਹੈ। ਪਰ ਲਾਲਸਾ ਜਰੂਰ ਹੈ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਜਾਚਣ ਦੀ। ਅੱਜ ਤੋਂ  ਤਕਰੀਬਨ ਕੁੱਝ ਵਰੇ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਘਰ ਦੇ ਇਕ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰਕ ਨਾਲ ਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਵਿਸ਼ੇ ਤੇ ਗੱਲਬਾਤ ਹੋ ਰਹੀ ਸੀ। ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰਿਕ ਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਕਬਿੱਤ ਬਹੁਤੇ ਕੰਠ ਹੋਣ ਕਰਕੇ ਦਾਸ ਬੜਾ ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵਿਤ ਹੋਇਆ। ਚੱਲਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੇ ਵਿਨਾਸ਼ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਵੀ ਚਲ ਪਈ ਉਹ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਕਿ ਕਈ ਵਾਰੀ ਅਮਰੀਕਾ ਵਿਚ ਈਸਾਈ ਲੋਗ ਜਾਂ ਚਰਚ ਦੇ ਪਾਦਰੀ ਕਈ ਵਾਰੀ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਸਮਾਗਮਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਬਲਾਉਂਦੇ ਸਨ ਇਕ ਵਾਰ ਦਾ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਸੀ “ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦਾ ਵਿਨਾਸ਼ ਕਦੋਂ ਤੇ ਕਿਵੇ” ਸਾਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਪਾਦਰੀ ਦਾ ਫੋਨ ਆਇਆ ਪਰ ਦਾਸ ਰੁਝੇਵਿਆਂ ਕਾਰਨ ਜਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਸਕਦਾ ਦੂਜਾ ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਵੀ ਅਜਿਹਾ ਲੱਗਾ ਕਿ ਪਾਦਰੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਵੇਹਲਿਆ ਨੂੰ ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਕੰਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਐਵੇਂ ਸਮਾਂ ਪਾਸ ਕਰ ਲਈ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਸੇਮੀਨਾਰ ਕਰਵਾਉਂਦੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਜਿਹਨਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਭਲਾ ਆਮ ਬੰਦੇ ਨੂੰ ਕੀ ਲਾਭ। ਕਦੋਂ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਖਤਮ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਕਿਵੇ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਆਪਾਂ ਸੋਚ ਕੇ ਕੀ ਲੈਣਾ। ਆਪਾ ਤਾਂ ਜਿਸ ਕਾਰਨ ਇਸ ਵਿਚ ਆਏ ਹਾਂ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੀਏ ਤੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਸੰਵਾਰੀੲ। ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਖੇਡ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ ਕੋਈ ਭੇਦ ਪਾ ਸਕਿਆ ਨਾਲੇ ਕਲਗੀਧਰ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਤਾਂ ਸੋਖੇ ਅਲਫ਼ਾਜ਼ਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਦੱਸੀ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ: ਜਬ ਉਦਕਰਖ ਕਰਾ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥ਪ੍ਰਜਾ ਧਰਤ ਤਬ ਦੇਹ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਜਬ ਆਕਰਖ ਕਰਤ ਹੋ ਕਬਹੂੰ ॥ਤੁਮ ਮੈ ਮਿਲਤ ਦੇਹ ਧਰ ਸਭਹੂੰ ॥੩॥

ਹੁਣ ਐਂਵੇ ਸਿਰ ਖਪਾਈ ਕਰਕੇ ਸਮਾਂ ਬਰਬਾਦ ਕਰੀ ਜਾਈਏ ਕੋਈ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਵਾਲੀ ਗੱਲ ਥੋੜੀ ਹੈ। ਸੋ ਇਨਾਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਦੀ ਧਾਰਨਾ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਸੀ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਨਹੀ ਗਏ ਅਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰਿਕ ਸਿੱਖ ਨਾਲ ਵੀ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਦਾ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਹੋਇਆ ਉਸਨੇ ਆਖਿਆ ਬਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤਾਂ ਦੱਸ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ ਬਈ ਪਾਣੀ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੀ ਵਿਨਾਸ਼ਤਾ ਹੋਏਗੀ ਅਤੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਵੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਅਧੀਨ ਆਈ ਤੁਕ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਕਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਹੀ ਸਭ ਨੂੰ ਖਾਏਗਾ। ਖੈਰ! ਉਥੋਂ ਤਾਂ ਦਾਸ ਘਰ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਪਰ ਇਹ ਵੀਚਾਰ ਜਰੂਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਕਿ ਅਗਾਂਹ ਤੋਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਤਾਂ ਸਹਿਤ ਦੱਸਣ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਇਸਦੀ ਖੋਜ ਜਰੂਰ ਕਰੀਏ। ਹੁਣ ਆਪਾ ਵੀਚਾਰੀਏ ਕਿ ਜੇਕਰ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭ ਨੂੰ ਖਾਏਗਾ ਤਾਂ ਤੇ ਇਹ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਭਵਿਖਤ ਕਾਲ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਏ ਪਰ ਇਸਤਰਾਂ ਨਹੀ ਹੈ:

ਪਾਣੀ ਪਿਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਕਾ ਫਿਰਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ॥

“ਇਸ ਤੁਕ ਅੰਦਰਿ ‘ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭੁ ਖਾਇ’ ਦੇ ਅਰਥ ਇਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਸਭ ਨੂੰ ਖਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਬਲਕਿ ਇਹ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਪਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਭ ਕੋਈ ਖਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ‘ਸਭੁ’ ਦੇ ਭੱਭੇ ਅੱਖਰ ਨੂੰ ਔਂਕੜ ਹੋਣ ਕਰਕੇ ‘ਸਭੁ’ ਕਰਤਾ ਹੀ ਰਹੇਗਾ। ਕਰਮ (ਮਫਊਲ) ਕਦੇ ਨਹੀਂ। ਭੱਭੇ ਨੂੰ ਜੇ ਔਂਕੜ ਨਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਤਾਂ ‘ਸਭ ਨੂੰ’ ਦੇ ਅਰਥ ਬਣ ਸਕਦੇ ਸਨ”।  ਇਹ ਜੋ ਵਿਆਖਿਆਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਆਕਰਣ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਕੀਤੀ ਉਹ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਹੀ ਢੁਕਵੀਂ ਲੱਗੀ ਔਰ ਅਰਥ ਖੂਬ ਸਮਸ਼ਟ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ।

ਹੁਣ ਆਪਜੀ ਅੱਗੇ ਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਪੇਸ਼ ਹੈ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਜਿਸਤਰਾਂ ਚੰਗਾ ਲੱਗੇ ਕਰ ਲੈਣਾ ਜੀ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਭੌਰਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,

ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ 

Many thanks Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo for posting Bhai Sahib's reference with respect to this Pankiti.

Kulbir Singh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login