ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਜਾਨੀ ਸੰਤ ਕੀ ਮਿਤ੍ਰਾਈ ॥

ਕੀ ਇਕ ਲੰਗੜਾ, ਦੌੜਾਕ ਨਾਲ ਦੌੜ ਵਿਚ ਜਿਤ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ?
ਕੀ ਇਕ ਅੰਨਾ, ਸੁਜਾਖੇ ਨਾਲ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਰਖ ਕੇ ਪੜ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ?
ਕੀ ਇਕ ਗਰੀਬ, ਅਮੀਰ ਨਾਲ ਮੁਕਾਬਲਾ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ?

ਜੀ ਨਹੀਂ !!

ਤੇ ਜੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਤੇ ਫਿਰ ਇਹੀ ਹਾਲਤ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਇਨਸਾਨ ਦੀ ਜੋ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਗੇੜ ਵਿਚ ਡੁਬਿਆ ਫਿਰਦਾ ਹੈ || ਓਹ ਵਿਚਾਰਾ ਇਕ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ, ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ-ਨਾਮ ਰੰਗੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਦੀ ਗਤ ਮਿਤ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਜਾਣ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ || ਓਹ ਤੇ ਕੇਵਲ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਤ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਹੀ ਕਾਰਾਂ ਕਰੇਗਾ || ਜੇ ਹੁਣ ਸੋਚੀਏ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਵਿਚਾਰਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਜਾਂ ਜਰਈਏ ਨਾਲ ਆਪਣੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਜਾਂ ਸਾਧ-ਮਿਤਰ ਤਕ ਪਹੁੰਚ ਸਕੇ ਤੇ ਇਹ ਕੁਝ ਨਾ ਮੁਮਕਿਨ ਜੇਹਾ ਮੇਹ੍ਸੂਸ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ || ਇਕ ਚਿਕੜ ਵਿਚ ਡਿਗਾ ਮਨੁਖ ਤਾਂ ਕੇਵਲ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਚਿਕੜ ਨਾਲ ਲਬੇੜ ਹੀ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ || ਇਸ ਲਈ ਠੀਕ ਇਹੀ ਹੀ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਕਿ ਬਾਹਰੋਂ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਕੋਈ ਸੰਗੀ ਸਾਥੀ ਉਸਨੂ ਹਰ ਓਹ ਮੁਮਕਿਨ ਤਰੀਕਾ ਦਸੇ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਓਹ ਬਾਹਰ ਆ ਜਾਵੇ ਅਤੇ ਲੋੜ ਪੈਣ ਤੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਹਥ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਵੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਬਾਹਰ ਕਡ ਲਵੇ || ਠੀਕ ਇਸੇ ਤਰਾਂ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਇਕ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਦਾ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨਮੁਖ,ਭੂਲੇ ਭਟਕੇ ਮਿਤਰ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਫਰਜ਼ || ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਨੂੰ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਓਹ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਤੇ ਦਇਆ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦਾ ਕਰਮ ਰਖੇ, ਉਸ ਦੀਆਂ ਬੇਵ੍ਕੂਫੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਕਰਮ ਸਮਝ ਕੇ ਵਿਸਾਰੇ,ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰਮਤ ਦੀਆਂ ਪੌੜੀਆਂ ਚੜਨ ਦੇ ਯੋਗ ਬਣਾਵੇ, ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਰਸਤੇ ਉਪਰ ਚਲਾਵੇ ਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਸ਼ੁਭ-ਮੁਭਾਰਕ ਹਥਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾ ਤਕ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਜਾਵੇ ||

ਜੇ ਪੁਰਾਤਨ ਤੇ ਅਜੋਕੇ ਸਮੇ ਦੀਆਂ ਸੁਣੀਆਂ ਸਾਖੀਆਂ ਵਾਲ ਝਾਤ ਪਾਈਏ ਤੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਐਸੇ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਾਨ ਮਿਲਦੇ ਹਨ ਜਿਥੇ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ-ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਰੰਗੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸਦਕਾ ਕਈ ਐਸੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਜਹੇ ਮੂਰਖ ਵੀ ਤਰ ਗਏ ਜੋ ਮਾਇਆ ਧਾਰੀ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਬੁਰੀ ਤਰਾਂ ਲਤ-ਪਤ ਸਨ || ਸੁਨਣ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਦੀ ਮਾਲਾ ਮਥੇ ਤੇ ਲਗਣ ਸਦਕਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਦਸਮ ਦੁਆਰ ਖੁਲ ਗਿਆ|| ਤੇ ਫੇਰ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਦਾ ਬਡਪਨ ਨਹੀ ? ਇਹੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸਾਡੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨ ਨੇ ਕੀਤੀਆਂ, ਚੋਰ ਤੋਂ ਭਗਤ, ਪਾਗਲ ਤੋਂ ਵਿਦਵਾਨ ਤੇ ਫ਼ਕੀਰ ਤੋ ਰਾਜੇ ਬਣਾ ਦਿਤਾ - ਕੇਵਲ ਤੇ ਕੇਵਲ ਦਇਆ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਣ ਸਦਕਾ || ਇਹੀ ਕਾਰਨ ਹੈ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਬਾਰ-੨ ਸੰਤਾਂ, ਸਾਧਾਂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਦੀ ਸੇਦ ਦੇਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿਓਂ ਕਿ ਓਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਲੋਂ ਓਹਨਾ ਦੀ DUTY ਸੰਸਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜਨ ਦੀ ਹੈ ||

ਜਿਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਇਕ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ਅਮੀਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਗਰੀਬ ਮਿਤਰ ਦੀ ਪੈਸੇ-ਧੇਲੇ ਮਦਦ ਕਰਦਾ ਤਾਂ ਕੇ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਬਸੇਰਾ ਕਰ ਸਕੇ, ਜਿਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਇਕ ਪੜਾਕੂ ਵਿਦਾਰਥੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲਾਇਕ ਦੋਸਤ ਦੀ ਮਦਦ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਓਹ ਵੀ ਪਾਸ ਹੋ ਸਕੇ ਠੀਕ ਓਸੇ ਤਰਾਂ ਸਾਧ ਮਿਤਰ ਨੂੰ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਉਸ ਮਿਤਰ ਤੇ ਦਇਆ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦਾ ਕਰਮ ਰਖੇ ||

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਆਪਨ ਤਰੈ ਅਉਰਨ ਲੇਤ ਉਧਾਰ ॥੨੨॥

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaah jee Vaah!!!

Khushkismati uhna di jihna nu Darshan hoye ne us Akaal Purakh dey, aisey Jan wirley hun, thorrey hun, per uhna da partaap lakhan karrorraan vich lishkda.
ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀਉ ਆਪਣਾ ਫਰਜ਼ ਪਛਾਣੋ ਅਤੇ ਸਾਡੇ ਤੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੋ|
ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ,

ਇਹ ਸਨੇਹਾ ਆਪ SANGAT ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾ ਵਿਚ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਸੀ, ਕੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਚਰਨਾ ਵਲ ਦੇਖੋ ਤੇ ਸਾਡੇ ਕੀੜਿਆਂ ਤੇ ਤਰਸ ਕਰੋ ਜੀ ||

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀਓ,

ਸਾਡੇ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੋ ਜੀ। ਸਾਨੂੰ ਕੀੜਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਤਾਰ ਲੈਣਾ ਜੀ। ਸਾਡੀ ਵੀ ਸਿਫਾਰਿਸ਼ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੋਲ ਪਾਉਣੀ ਜੀ। ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਯਾਰੀ ਮੰਨਾਂਗੇ।

ਦਾਸਨਿ ਦਾਸ,
ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ
Sahib Singh jee, please don't throw the word mahapursh around. It will loose it's importance and value.
Upkaar Singh ji Maffi Bakshna Ji?

Muaaf taan mainu kar deyo veer jee.

I was not having a go at you.

Just recently, i had a discussion with a senior gursikh, and they told me, that the word baba

used to be used for the likes of baba deep singh jee shaheed, the 4 sahibzadey, baba buddhaa jee and as such mahaan gursikhs.

now it's given as a title to any old man, or amritdhaaree person, baba. any old singh walking down the street is a baba.

right ?

the word mahapursh might be brought down to the same level. let's keep it reserved for mahapurshes.

mainu muaaf kar deyo veer jee.

my poor choice of words, once again! sounded rude.

I hate typing, you can't express emotions. in real life, one simple sentence can be totally different based on how its spoken with tone. please accept my opinion in bentee roop bhai sahib singh jee.

Sorry Vaday veer jee.

Upkaar Singh
A Gursikh of Bhai Sahib's times narrated a joke to us, many years ago. Once a simple guy from the countryside came to a city. He got off the station and was looking for a rickshaw or a tonga to get to his destination. The tonga-wala who was waiting for his customers saw the villager and said, "Mahapurkho, aayo jee, aayo jee. Please be seated and I will take you to your destination" (Come O Mahapurakh...).

The villager was very pleased since the tonga-wala had called him a "Mahapurakh". In villages they talk pretty tough and rude. No one had called him a Mahapurakh before. The words sounded like honey to his ears and they kept ringing in his ears. He was so happy that even though he was charged more than he wanted, he sat in the tonga. In the meantime, the tonga-wala was waiting for more customers.

Soon another customer came and the tonga-wala addressed him, "aajo Mahapurko, baitho jee" (Come Mahapurakh jee, be seated).

The villager was a bit upset that the tonga-wala had called another person also a Mahapurakh. His Anand subsided a bit.

Soon he noticed that he was calling all his customers Mahapurakh. Now all his Anand of being addressed as a Mahapurakh vanished. He was now regretting sitting in this tonga.

Just as the tonga was about to move, the tonga-wala addressed his horse, "Oye Mahapurkha, chal chaliye" (let's go, O Mahapurakh). Now the villager was quite angry as the tonga-wala had called his horse a Mahapurakh. He found it insulting that the tongawala had called him a Mahapurakh.

As they were travelling, a donkey came in the middle of the road from no where and blocked the road. The irritated tongawala said to the donkey, "Oye Mahapurkha tu saada rasta kyo rokiya hai?" (why are you blocking our way, O Mahapurakh) The villager was obviously now fuming in rage. He felt like beating up the tonga-wala.

On his way, he called every person and a moving thing a Mahapurakh. He saw a dirty stray dog and even called it Mahapurakh.

By now the villager reached his destination. The tonga-wala was about to say something but before he could, the villager burst in anger, "Khabardaar, je mainu Mahapurakh kiha taan. Main teriyaan lataan vadh deyoonga" (Khabardaar if you call me a Mahapurakh. I will chop down your legs.)

The tongawala was surprised and could not understand what he had done. The villager went his way, a bit satisfied for getting back at the tongawala.

Kulbir Singh
Ha ha !! But for sure i used this word only this forum so far for the Gursikhs on Forum smiling smiley And which too has been now removed !!

Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A Gursikh of Bhai Sahib's times narrated a joke to
> us, many years ago. Once a simple guy from the
> countryside came to a city. He got off the station
> and was looking for a rickshaw or a tonga to get
> to his destination. The tonga-wala who was waiting
> for his customers saw the villager and said,
> "Mahapurkho, aayo jee, aayo jee. Please be seated
> and I will take you to your destination" (Come O
> Mahapurakh...).
>
> The villager was very pleased since the tonga-wala
> had called him a "Mahapurakh". In villages they
> talk pretty tough and rude. No one had called him
> a Mahapurakh before. The words sounded like honey
> to his ears and they kept ringing in his ears. He
> was so happy that even though he was charged more
> than he wanted, he sat in the tonga. In the
> meantime, the tonga-wala was waiting for more
> customers.
>
> Soon another customer came and the tonga-wala
> addressed him, "aajo Mahapurko, baitho jee" (Come
> Mahapurakh jee, be seated).
>
> The villager was a bit upset that the tonga-wala
> had called another person also a Mahapurakh. His
> Anand subsided a bit.
>
> Soon he noticed that he was calling all his
> customers Mahapurakh. Now all his Anand of being
> addressed as a Mahapurakh vanished. He was now
> regretting sitting in this tonga.
>
> Just as the tonga was about to move, the
> tonga-wala addressed his horse, "Oye Mahapurkha,
> chal chaliye" (let's go, O Mahapurakh). Now the
> villager was quite angry as the tonga-wala had
> called his horse a Mahapurakh. He found it
> insulting that the tongawala had called him a
> Mahapurakh.
>
> As they were travelling, a donkey came in the
> middle of the road from no where and blocked the
> road. The irritated tongawala said to the donkey,
> "Oye Mahapurkha tu saada rasta kyo rokiya hai?"
> (why are you blocking our way, O Mahapurakh) The
> villager was obviously now fuming in rage. He felt
> like beating up the tonga-wala.
>
> On his way, he called every person and a moving
> thing a Mahapurakh. He saw a dirty stray dog and
> even called it Mahapurakh.
>
> By now the villager reached his destination. The
> tonga-wala was about to say something but before
> he could, the villager burst in anger,
> "Khabardaar, je mainu Mahapurakh kiha taan. Main
> teriyaan lataan vadh deyoonga" (Khabardaar if you
> call me a Mahapurakh. I will chop down your
> legs.)
>
> The tongawala was surprised and could not
> understand what he had done. The villager went his
> way, a bit satisfied for getting back at the
> tongawala.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Now I understand why you used to refer to me as "ramamandi dey mahapurkh"
But I don't call every tom and harry a Mahapurakh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login