ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Obsession with Akhars... Gurmukhi.. Lipi... Gurbani ... Shabad

Posted by simmal tree 
Sometimes in my mind I get anxious over how many millions of newspapers written in Gurmukhi.. containing articles with Gurbani quotes... are floating around in garbage dumps, under dog houses, on restaurant floors, used as peanut wrappers, beer bottle wrappers...

and I don't know what to do about it

Also I wonder... is Gurmukhi lipi what we should be preventing from beadbi.. or just Gurbani shabads...

like if a flier is printed in Gurmukhi but has no gurbani.. would you throw it in the garbage? For some reason I have a tough time doing that.. because the akhars themselves remind me of Guru Sahib...

I'm in dubda over this... I don't know what is the right way to react when you see Gurmukhi fliers, newspapers, brochures.. and how not to become anxious with all the beadbi happening to Gurbani as well..
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
You have to draw a line somewhere and you have to ask yourself where that is for you. If the akhars remind you of Guru Sahib why don't other things that you throw in the trash since everything was created by Guru Sahib to begin with? I understand where your respect is coming from and it is admirable but I personally draw the line at Gurbani.
Many Gursikhs burn Punjabi newspapers, because they believe Gurmukhi alphabets should be respected.
Could some more Gursikhs please kindly provide your vichars on this? Thanks.
Gurmukhi akhars should always be given the utmost respect, and should never been thrown on the ground, trash, left in a dirty place. Of chourse, I don't think one should go to the level of placing anything with Gurmukhi lipi in rumaleh, or wash your hands before reading, but there is a certain amount of respect it should be given.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login