Advanced

Amritvela

Posted by mahasengh 
Re: Amritvela
January 18, 2012 12:39PM
kaurageous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a student, so I tend to sleep late because of
> homework ..therefore I sometimes skip amritvela.
> Are there any tips that would help me get up in
> the morning, or as bhenjee before suggested
> staying up, and then do amritvela and then sleep.

If you are able to cut down on TV, internet etc, then it is much easier to get all homework or revision done by a reasonable time and be in bed early. Obviously there will be times where you need to stay up late to finish work, but managing your time better during the day and not wasting time with other things will mean you will be able to get into bed earlier and be up for amrit vela much more often.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
January 22, 2012 03:43PM
NS44
Hps jeeo - rehatnama Bhai Chaumpa Singh Jee states about bathing in cold water, secondly there are sceintific reasons too

Narinder Singh can you directly quote Bhai Chaupa SIngh Jis rehatnama. I know Bhai Nand Singh Ji and Gurbani both mention cold ishnaan but Im just curious as to what wording Bhai Chaupa SIngh uses.
January 22, 2012 08:12PM
Thanks for reminding me of {Bhai Chaupa singhJi} Bhai sukhdeep singh ji, he states that if anyone is in the midst of a big problem then wake up at amritwela and do 5 Japji sahibs with concentration and then do Ardaas with full faith, hence your problem ill be solved.While Doing Ardaas plunge deep into your mind and have a deep faith in the existence of akal purukh Waheguru ji and our puran satguru ji have a belief that waheguru ji is almighty he will certainly shed some Kirpa on this un worthy insect. While doing ardaas believe that it will become successful do ardaas without haumai it will certainly succeed. This is called the gurmat jugat of doing ardaas!
Bhul chuc muaaf
Vahegurujika khalsa vaheguruji ki fateh.
January 26, 2012 05:54PM
Thanks for responding Raam Naaam Jaap Laha,

But I was spefically looking for the quote of Bhai Chaupa SIngh saying cold shower. The quote you are talking about states panj ishaan not tand ishnaan, and states one who recite 5 japji sahibs during Amrit vela will receive a pure mind.

Lately Ive been thinking what is the approximate time for AMrit vela. Some say 12, Bhai Rama Singh Ji states 1am , most say 2:30 others say 3, and some say three hours before dawn. All the puratan sources and many Gurmukhs say sava pehar (ਸਵਾ ਪਹਿਰ)
ਸਵਾ ਪਹਿਰ ਨਿਸ਼ ਕਰੇ ਸ਼ਨਾਨ, ਬਾਣੀ ਪੜ੍ਹੈ ਖੜ ਪੱਗ ਬਧਾਨ। (ਪੰਥ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ, ਪੰਨਾ ੫੪)

ਸੱਚੀ ਭੈ ਭਾਵਨੀ ਸਹਿਤ ਨਿਤਾਪ੍ਰਤਿ ਸਵਾ ਪਹਿਰ ਰਾਤ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਉਠਣ (ਜਾਗਣ) ਦਾ ਉਦਮ ਬਲ ਧਾਰੇ ਤੇ ਪਿਛਲੇ ਪਹਿਰ ਵਾਲੀ ਰਾਤ ਰੂਪੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਦਾ ਸਾਵਧਾਨਤਾ ਸਹਿਤ ਆਨੰਦ ਮਾਣੇ। (Gurmat Bibek, 99)

In Shahhed Bilas there is mention that Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji would rise at seva pehar
ਸਵਾ ਪਹਿਰ ਨਿਸ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਜਾਗੈ I

But what does ਸਵਾ ਪਹਿਰ roughly translate too. Sava means 1.25, and pehar refers to a three hour period. I have asked older relatives about this term and they say they dont know?? In the following link
[www.gurmatbibek.com]
Bhai Kulbir SIngh Ji has stated sava pehar refers to 3.75 hours ( around 2:15) . How has this been calculated?
January 27, 2012 02:54AM
If anyone can help me out...

I work in a family business, I start work at 8 am, sometimes I get some rest for an hour or two in the early evening and then I work again till 11.30pm, and it's almost 12 plus by the time im in bed. For about 2 months I had the kirpa of getting up at 4 am, do cold ishnaan and start naam abhyaas from
4.30 to 5.15, and then 5 banian nitnem, sukhmani sahib and chNdi di vaar and ardas done by 7am. In between the day an akaal ustat will be done too. 2 weeks ago, I brought home a pet parrot, and becoming engrossed in him, I slowly lost amritvela, then succumbed to vikaar. Today maharaj did kirpa again and woke me up at 4 am but I was too lazy, only got up at 5.30 .

Also, I noticed that I always tend to fall asleep during abhyaas and Lose concentration during nitnem. But I can't help it when I'm working almost 16 hours everyday, with barely half a day off, but I still want my amritvela, sangat Ji, what should I do? I feel guilty but also helpless
February 07, 2012 11:39AM
Repost:

Jagwinder Singh [ PM ]
January 27, 2012 01:54AM

If anyone can help me out...

I work in a family business, I start work at 8 am, sometimes I get some rest for an hour or two in the early evening and then I work again till 11.30pm, and it's almost 12 plus by the time im in bed. For about 2 months I had the kirpa of getting up at 4 am, do cold ishnaan and start naam abhyaas from
4.30 to 5.15, and then 5 banian nitnem, sukhmani sahib and chNdi di vaar and ardas done by 7am. In between the day an akaal ustat will be done too. 2 weeks ago, I brought home a pet parrot, and becoming engrossed in him, I slowly lost amritvela, then succumbed to vikaar. Today maharaj did kirpa again and woke me up at 4 am but I was too lazy, only got up at 5.30 .

Also, I noticed that I always tend to fall asleep during abhyaas and Lose concentration during nitnem. But I can't help it when I'm working almost 16 hours everyday, with barely half a day off, but I still want my amritvela, sangat Ji, what should I do? I feel guilty but also helpless

Kulbir Singh [ PM ]
January 27, 2012 09:18AM

If it is possible, try to work less hours, so that you can have a decent Amritvela. If it is not possible to reduce work hours due to financial restraints, then try to reduce your expenses and if even that does not work then do an Ardaas before Guru Sahib to help you out. What else can we do but Ardaas and Benti to Guru Sahib for Kirpa?

Kulbir Singh

Jagwinder Singh [ PM ]
January 27, 2012 09:29AM

Bhai sahib, the nature of my work is such, firstly I'm tied down with family's expectations, secondly it's the food and beverage industry.There is no shortage of wealth, maharaj has blessed the family with lots of success, but the most precious gursikhi jeevan I don't have. I guess ardaas is the last resort, maybe I've not been sincere enough.... I just got back, and it's 12.30 am... Lol

Thanks for the encouragement

ns44 [ PM ]
January 27, 2012 10:29AM

Jagwinder Singh jeeo -- bus jag jaoo veer jeeo - i do similar work to you home normally by 1:00 am. then i sleep ony 3 hours maharaj wakes me at 4:00 - and amrtivela is retianed. But i do have cat nap from 7:45 am - 09:15 am - which really awakes me for workd and the rest of the day.

seocndly i keep fit and work out 5 days a week minimum for 1 hour - this helps the physical alertness too. The workouts are enduarnce - cardio in nature - not body building or anything just fitness.

A cat nap - working out physically will help enormously - so that's another two things for your busy schedule.

Sukhdeep Singh [ PM ]
January 27, 2012 07:55PM

WaaheGuru anybody home?

Jagwinder Singh [ PM ]
January 27, 2012 11:52PM

ns44 Wrote:
> Jagwinder Singh jeeo -- bus jag jaoo veer jeeo -
> i do similar work to you home normally by 1:00 am.
> then i sleep ony 3 hours maharaj wakes me at 4:00
> - and amrtivela is retianed. But i do have cat nap
> from 7:45 am - 09:15 am - which really awakes me
> for workd and the rest of the day.
>
> seocndly i keep fit and work out 5 days a week
> minimum for 1 hour - this helps the physical
> alertness too. The workouts are enduarnce - cardio
> in nature - not body building or anything just
> fitness.
>

That's truly inspirational bhai sahib. I'll do ardaas and hopefully maharaj can bless me with a similar jeevan. Thank you
> A cat nap - working out physically will help
> enormously - so that's another two things for your
> busy schedule.

Jagwinder Singh [ PM ]
January 28, 2012 06:43AM

To be honest I do usually get around 90 mins free time in the evenings for 4 weekdays.... But I usually end up spending that time with my parrot.. Unless
I could try something else, take my parrot along to the prayer room when I'm doing nitnem / abhyaas and perhaps he also could get laaha? Hes a rather quiet parrot so he wouldnt be distracting...And then I could use the evening 90 mins to catnap? I can't devote much time to physical fitness right now, though I DO have a physical fitness proficiency test due in march, which is a requirement for all combat fit Singaporean males who are in the reserve force(national service)

Gosh, sikhi is really sharper than a khanda and finer than a hair....

gsingh [ PM ]
January 28, 2012 01:46PM

Jagwinder Singh Wrote:
> To be honest I do usually get around 90 mins free
> time in the evenings for 4 weekdays.... But I
> usually end up spending that time with my parrot..
> Unless
> I could try something else, take my parrot along
> to the prayer room when I'm doing nitnem / abhyaas
> and perhaps he also could get laaha? Hes a rather
> quiet parrot so he wouldnt be distracting...And
> then I could use the evening 90 mins to catnap? I
> can't devote much time to physical fitness right
> now, though I DO have a physical fitness
> proficiency test due in march, which is a
> requirement for all combat fit Singaporean males
> who are in the reserve force(national service)
>
> Gosh, sikhi is really sharper than a khanda and
> finer than a hair....

Just a question Bhai Sahib... why do you have a parrot and why do you spend so much time with it?

bhai [ PM ]
January 28, 2012 04:16PM

yea, what do you do with your parrot?
are you trying to teach it to talk r smthing?

Jagwinder Singh [ PM ]
January 28, 2012 07:37PM

Lol ok I'll just reply to this once, incase the thread goes off topic.

Basically the parrot was my little siblings' idea, but somehow I ended up as the caretaker. Cleaning the cage, changing the food and water, to the point the parrot kinda bonded with me, loves to perch on my shoulder when I'm home for a few hours. To keep it free from
Stress, I end up spending time with him when I've got an hour or two to spare during the day, which eats up into my nap time, which in turn affects my amritvela.

Obviously guru comes first, but there's also the guilt of neglecting a defenseless animal whose life and sustenance is at your mercy, the fact that it lives in your house.
I just hope mAharaj gives me enough himmat to keep amritvela despite these commitments, f
ReAlly, once Amritvela is missed, jeevan for that day becomes useless.

P.s. Yes brother, currently I'm teaching the parrot to say wahe-guru, hopefully he can get some laaha too :-)
December 06, 2014 06:41PM
Waheguru ji ka Khaalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh jio,,,,, _/\_

Waheguru jio _/\_,,,,, kirpa karke ehe das deo ji, k jad amrit wela langh jaave, tan ki kariye? sad smiley
unjh tan sanu kade v amrit vela langhan nai dena chahida,,,,, par fer v je kade langh jaave tan fer shayad ardaas hi kar sakde han shayad?,,,, hor tan kujh insaan de palle nai reh janda sirf pachhtaave ton bina ,,,,,,,,,
December 10, 2014 10:49PM
Amritvela - has to be early before 05:00 by no doubts - there are further reasons - all humans have panj tatts and one of those tatts is agnee
before 05:00 agnee tatt is quiet - And agnee tatt is the one which races our mind , no suraaj no agnee tatt hence the munn the mind is more receptive at amritvela and dhyian is better i.e focus. Soon as agnee tatt prevails - then our mind races at warp speed during the day . No matter how you try mind will race after 0500 hours and fruits you would obtain before 0500 will not be attained after 05:00 am.
December 18, 2014 08:09PM
Waheguru jio! _/\_ reply karn lyi aap ji da bahut bahut dhanwaad ns44 jio! _/\_
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login