ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gadhar Movement and Bhai Sahib Exhibition / Presentation at LA smagam

Posted by BSRS-Trust 
[www.bsrstrust.org]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
excellent - moe of this needs to be done around smagam times to ensure Bhai Sahib Jees contribution to the Gadhar lehar is never forgotten
I was disappointed to say the least that at LA Smagam Akhand Keertan was stopped in order to have a lecture in the middle of Keertan and then Keertan resumed. This left a bitter taste in not just my mouth but in all of Sangat that was there. Keertan should never be stopped in order to give a presentation, there is ample time before Keertan during the day. The reason I feel they stopped Keertan was to take advantage of a Darbar full of Sangat, if they had done the presentation another time they would not have gotten as many members of Sangat for the presentation. Benti to organizers everywhere and to BSRS Trust to never do this again, it is great Beadbi to stop Akhand Keertan to speak in the middle, let alone give an entire lecture then have the Keertani do Anand Sahib.
This was not organised by BSRS trust ji, please take this up with the local organisers. Perhaps they should have done Anand sahib prior to the lecture. The reality is however that there is not much interest these days to read, research, know our history and Sikhi in general. Amongst being a kirtani, Bhai Sahib was also a great writer, freedom fighter, theologian and poet. If Bhai sahib wasn't interested in anything but Kirtan, he wouldn't have felt the need to wrire so many books, which has inspired and awakened many around the world. Sadly nowadays this is being slowly forgotten and even jatha has become somewhat different to how it started out. The aim of these lectures & books is to try and reignite and educate our future generations.
Singh Jio, you points are valid and I completely agree with that but I think Bhai Gsingh raised a genuine point. Bhai Sahib was a all-rounder-Sikh Saint personality, who can copy that. At the same time we have to keep in mind that Bhai Sahib never let go down the Akhand Keertan Maryada. During Lahore Smagam when he heard the Gurudwara Rakaab Ganj incident he didn't interrupt the Keertan to make an announcement or speech. It is only after Smaapati of Rein Sabaee Bhai Sahib took up the matter to Sangat.

We all have to take into consideration that no matter what if Akhand Keertan is in possession, any lecture or presentation should be avoided. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Maharaaj didn't let interrupt the Sri Asa Ki Vaar Keertan and paid the price to have more than 300 Singhs Shaheed to continue the Darbar until Ardaas.
Agreed Bhai Jasjit singh.
It is true and facutal not many in the AKJ know or even have read Bhai Sahib's works in totality.

Lectures are presentation are ok, however without interactive debate how can one walk away with proper understanding.

I suggest during a week long smagam or so before keertan starts - as much sangat should be invited to discuss debate and learn about
Bhai Sahib's complete jeevan which includes:

1. Being a prolific writer -- skill set one needs for such a contribution. It's known fact Bhai Sahib was very well educated. There are youth today in the akj who think naam and keertan is all that matters forget education just do the bare minimum!!

2. Marayda points and adherene of strict rehat - storiies should be shared and discussed with youth and seniors contributing to any further knowledge as there are many seniors who have vast knowledge of Bhai sahib's works.

3. Bhai Sahib's love for Gursikhs and Keertan

4. Bhai Sahib's contribution in the political struggle and Jail struggles.

5. Bhai Sahib's message to shaeed Bhagat Singh.

I apologies a mere hour long lecture cannot do justice. If we want out youth to fully know about Bhai Sahib we should break it into steps such as above and proactively engage in debate and discussion during the week on a regular basis on a week long smagam for a minimum of 3 days.

That is my 2 cents apologize in advance for any mistakes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login