ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When to do Joriya di seva

Posted by Theguptone 
When to do Joriya di seva
June 28, 2011 03:22PM
Daas was just wondering when is the right time to do joriya di seva? The reason this question comes about is, sometimes while at say amritvela naam abhiyaas, a keertan darbar or raynsabhayee keertan you may want to do joriya di seva, but at the same time do not want to miss out laha as opportunity to get laha in sangat is also a very virla (rare) opportunity. For this reason I ask if any of the gursikhs here have any advice on when is the best time to get charan dhoor of sangat, while not missing out on laha of keertan or abhiyaas in sangat.

Also can some gursikhs please put up some sort of step by step guide on how to do joriya di seva? charna'ch benti!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Good question 'theguptone' jee, daas has also wondered on when it is the best time to do this particular seva without missing laha from Amritvela/Rehansbai Sangat.

Found doing 10-15mins seva prior of being part of sangat has always been beneficial.

Benti to sangat to fire in suggestions smiling smiley
I agree with Manmander Singh Veerjee. Doing Joriyaan dee seva prior to taking part in the sangat seems better. From my experience I have seen quite a lot of Gursikhs sitting right next to Jorey during house samaagams and also sometimes during samaagams in Guroodvaraas.

Some Gursikhs told me that while doing Joriyaan dee sevaa you should always think of yourself as charan dhoor of Saadh Sangat. Some people use a cloth, I have seen some Bibiyaan use their chuniyaan to do sevaa. There are also some Singhs/Singhneeaan I have
Yes but sometimes you might just be one of the first to arrive, so no ones joray but your own! haha. But for raynsabhayee keertans this seems a good solution.
Also, should you touch the cloth which you are doing the seva with to your forehead after each single jora, each pair, or after doing all the sangat's joray? In general any tips when it comes to doing the seva? like doing all the outside, the inside etc, is there an order which you should do it in?

Also, is it wrong to do it with your beard? If it is ok to do jorya di seva with your bead, is it ok to do Guru Sahib's seva directly after without washing your beard?
Bhai Rama Singh jee mentions in his book that he used to do jorreyaan di seva even before he would go before Guru Sahib and do matha tek. That way, when you stand before Guru Sahib, your haumai has already been thrashed and Guru Sahib's kirpa will be felt coming like a flood.
Vaheguroo Ji! Fantastic Bhai Sahib Mehtab Singh Jeeo, thank you for sharing! Vahegurooooo!

Now can Guru Roop sangat please advise as to the other questions, thanks.
Woops my whole message didn't post. Still getting used to the forum. tongue sticking out smiley

Ok continuing what I left off with.

There are also some Singhs/Singhneeaan I have seen who touch their forehead with each jorey they are doing sevaa of. And after doing the seva they do a short ardhaas and sit back in Sangat. And Veerjeeo I was thinking about the same thing that sometimes you can be the first person to arrive..haha Well in that case I think you can take some time off for sevaa, because Guroo Saahib is Jaanee Jaann. But others can pitch in their views as well.

I think it all depends on your need for sevaa on how you w name="finish"

Post message
Again starting where I left off.. tongue sticking out smiley

I think it all depends on your need for sevaa on how you want to do it. Other Gurmukho please enlighten me as well. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login