ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reminiscences of Gurdaspur: A patit mahapurakh!!!!

Posted by gurvitohkurbaan 
IkOngkarSriVahiguroojikiFateh!!
VahiguroojikaKhalsaVahiguroojikiFateh!

This week we visited Gurdaspur in Punjab from Amritsar. One of my cousin chachaji lives there. I was amazed to see a dastaar on his singhnee's and daughter's head. They told us that in Bambri pind, a few miles their place, a good deal of parchaar is happening. The credit goes to a gursikh of a very high avastha. A doctor by profession, he is responsible for amrit parchaar in the Gurdaspur area. They told us that sukhmani sahib paath iz done by the sangat in doctor sahib's clinic in that village, and then night smgms daily in different locations across gurdaspur district. Yeah we missed sri sukhmani sahib pehraa but the following night samagam in Batala was really wonderful. I never knew that they did kirtan in AKJ style and name of the jatha is nishkaam kirtani jatha. They have their own buses to take sangat from their homes to samagams and then leave them back home. Doctor sahib was so immersed in naam that his face was as still as a statue. My fear of babas and Christian missionaries in punjab decreased, i could see a lot of keskis within bibiyas, daara parkash among gurmukhs.
The next day We had plans for the darshan of Gaznipur, the village of Bhai Sahib Fauja Singh ji. We had a talk with a lot of locals about bhai sahib. But i was depressed by the fact that most of the youth in bhai sahib's village are patit.
The evening we went to the village of chote ghumman. The gurdwara in the village is splendid and folks say is associated with a mahapurukh, baba hazara singh. Well the point to be noted is that when i saw the pic of the mahapurukh, earth slipped from my feet...the mahapurukh had his kes cut, wore punjabi chaddar instead of kacherra!!!!
How can he be a mahapurukh?, i asked
And i was told mahapurukhs have their mauj!!!!!!
Surprising! You can't be enlightened if u cut ur hair...kesh is guru saab's mohar.
Gurmukhs, please enlighten!

Dass
Harleen Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
veer harleen singh jio.... yes you are right , My village is near Shri Hargobindpur, ghumna is not far from there.. I visited that dera many times , Everything is well managed there, big sarovar in compound, big diwan hall, langar hall, That place is very close to dera baba nanak, Das used to went there everyyear on our way to dera baba nanak ji on 2nd March everyyear, It is paidal yatra starts from KHIDALA SAINIYA . Hoshirpur near to khudha kurala. it takes nearly 3 days to reach dera baba nanak, As i asked from local people, during baba hajara singh s times its not gurudwara there local villagers respected him lot as he spend lot of time in tap sadna in bhurras, Villagers have no answer about his kes , but this dera is doing good parchar now in local area , they r fighting good against the big radha saomi adda just 5 mins walk to that dera, I dont know about more about baba hazara singh, but i know about baba sucha singh ji present jatehdaar there , Baba ji is amritdhari , and good kathavachak as well..
Name of doctor sahib is Bhai Shiv singh Ji. A very great Gurmukh he is. I got scolded quite a number of times by bhai sahib when I was younger, because i did not used to do nitnem.
A lot of youths in our area are drug addicts. The whole nishkam kirtani jatha does parchar against the drugs and gives free de-addiction medicines to those who want to leave the drugs.The jatha does Kirtan everyday at evening between 7-11 pm at different gursikh homes. I really adore all the gursikhs of the jatha. Also they do nishkaam seva as is evident from the name of the jatha. They go to their jobs during day and they do not take any money for kirtan .And they give great deal of stress on taking amrit. They do not perform kirtan at a house if any member of the house does nashey or does beadbi of kes.

Bhai shiv singh ji-->
[www.youtube.com]

niskham kirtani jatha-->
[www.youtube.com]

My grandmother knew baba hazara singh but I have no idea why he had his kes cut. I have at numerous times tried to get an answer to this question but never recieved a satisfactory response. Some people say that he did so much bhagti that he was above the rehats which i completely disagree with.
Pyare swalakh singh ji,
Thankyou for making me remember the name of doctor sahib. I've heard a spiritual incidence that happened with a gupt bibi doing sangat of doctor sahib. Do ardass to guru sahib that i may write about that incident and other spiritual stories that the local sangat has told me. Dr sahib has humbly did parchaar. Unlike other pakhandi babas, he does not wear shining attire but in his humble clothing he sits together with the sangat japping naam.
It seems the Toronto sangat does not know about the kamai wala gupt jeevan of doctor sahib.

Dass
Harleen Singh
yes veer harleen singh ji please do write about bhai sahib ji.thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login