ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Life of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh - Documentry Promos

Posted by Amritvela 
Just came across these promo videos of the documentary made by AKJ.UK sevadaars on the life of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji.

I'm eagerly waiting for the full documentary to be released. From these promos, I'm feeling such excitement and simply can't wait to watch the full documentary! Bhai Jarnail Singh ji's promo video is mind-blowing! Just look at how his face glows! Vaaheguru!

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
(Bhai Jarnail Singh ji speaking)

[www.youtube.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Excellent effort by UK Sevadaars! Looking forward to viewing the full version of this documentary.

Kulbir Singh
Nice work by the sevadars!! The full documentry would be well worth seeing!

Daas remembers speaking to Bhai jarnail Singh jee recently about Bhai Sahib. Bhai jarnail Singh jee very clearly stated that due to the fact Bhai sahib was firm on ALL rehits throughout their life, they got to where they did. It's all about whether we just talk about it or actually go and get on with it ourself (the hard bit - my head lowers in shame)

They didn't mince up their words!
Ik ONkarsatguruprasaad. Superb upraala by singhs! Eagerly waiting for the documentary.

Dass
Harleen Singh
Excellent Ji !!
Bhai Jarnail Singh ji's promo video
> is mind-blowing! Just look at how his face glows!
> Vaaheguru!
>

I agree Bhai Jarnail SIngh Jis part was the best part.
It was a wonder to see his face glow by thinking
of power that Naam had in Bhai Sahibs life. it had
so much of an effect that bhai sahib could last for
days without eating. Bhai Joginder singh jis sections
was pretty good as well. But the other parts were extremely
boring. Its best to interview Singhs who knew Bhai sahib, or
Bibeki singhs who follow similar life style. Its always inspiring to hear
the veechar of such gurmukhs
These were just 5 promos of too much..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Waite till you see the rest .....drinking smiley The companions of Bhai Sahib and many more..... The hardest part is to be patient for such things sad smiley

Sukhdeep Singh

Bhai Joginder singh jis sections
was pretty good as well. But the other parts were extremely
boring. Its best to interview Singhs who knew Bhai sahib, or
Bibeki singhs who follow similar life style. Its always inspiring to hear
the veechar of such gurmukhs

No, I don't agree. This documentary is going to go all over the world and show people of all walks of life who Bhai Sahib was. While I agree with you that it's better hearing from those who lived with Bhai Sahib or live the rehit Bhai Sahib did, it's nice to see other "Panthik" figures such as Jathedhars and even leaders of other jathebandhis talking on Bhai Sahib. The world listens to those Jathedhars and other leaders of groups and this way people from all walks of life get to know who Bhai Sahib was and what Bhai Sahib did for the Panth.

It's time to appreciate and not find faults Veerji.
Since the target audience of this video is not limited to AKJ, it was correct on the part of the organizers to have Panthic personalities e.g. Jathedar Vedanti jee talk about Bhai Sahib jee.

And yes, the best persons to interview, for Bhai Sahib, would be such persons who knew Bhai Sahib and spent some time with him. I think such Gursikhs have been included in this upcoming video.

Kulbir Singh
The idea of promotions are exactly that, to promote the upcoming documentary. The actual documentary will include bachan from gursikhs who spent time with Bhai sahib and knew him personally. As already mentioned the video is for primarily people who dont know a whole lot about Bhai sahib ji, and so the best way promote that is with personalities who people recognise and are familiar with.

Most people only associate Bhai Sahib with kirtan, AKJ etc, not many know about the freedom struggle and why he was hounoured by the our takhat sahibian. Hopefully these aspects of his Jeevan will be also be portrayed in the upcoming documentary.

Jathedar Vedanti has also been involved in paath bodh seva, giving santhiya to naujawan alongside Talwara ji. He also did Bhai Sahibs darshan during Bhai Sahibs last years at kirtan smagams in Ludhiana..

Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa!
Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!
This is great seva its good that they are going through all the qualities Bhai Sahib was blessed from a writer to a freedom fighter etc. Can't wait to see the rest and be inspired more to live a more rehatvaan life vahegurooo
Jujar Singh Ji,

Is there any more news on this highly anticipated documentary?
professor udhay singhs in it.
Yes, is there any information on when this will be released to the public? I really want to watch it as the promos are very inspiring.
Gurfateh Ji,

I would like to apologise for the delay, there has been a few hurdles that have delayed the documentary. However, due to Guru Ji's kirpa we will be releasing it in time for Vaisakhi.

Daas

Ranjeet Singh
abhilaaki jeeo,

Any update on the documentary? Also can you provide us with any other info regarding the documentary such as whose idea it originally was, who was involved in the production and who will be appearing in the documentary.

Dhanvaad
Good progress is being made, however the have been some delays due to various reason (resources, time etc). We will keep you informed when we are able to with updates.

If you would like to help with anything you think may be of benefit for this project, please message me the relevant details.

Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa!
Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!
The documentary is very hypocritical on one hand we say Bhai Sahib in his whole jeevan didn't use the sant title and neither did the jatha and still does not today approve such titles. As they where never used in the Gurus times. Then we want to do a Interview and fly the sant title from a Gursikh (no offence to them in any way what so ever) in the documentary.

I think much money is wasted with a pointless documentary. You've just followed in the footsteps of others in doing documentaries about High Avastha Gurmukhs and people will label Bhai Sahib jee as some head of a dera sect. Like they do with other Sampardas. Money should have being used towards Shaheed families, Prisoners etc. This whole pomping Jatha thing is taking it into a totally wrong direction as seen from recent smagams. Go into Punjab and provide facilitates for our brothers and sisters who living in bad conditions look to the work of the Kaum not pomp.

Just read the books and actually follow what is being said on how to live Gursikhi lifestyle. No need for documentaries.
No-Bodh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> look to the work of the Kaum not pomp.
>
No-Bodh Jee we understand your point. I feel everything should be done in a Balanced way. But documentaries can be beneficial in inspiring sangat and bring them back to Chardi Kala Panth. The new young generation (me included) who are born and brought up outside Punjab do not even know iota of Reading or Writing Gurmukhi. So people like me cannot read beautiful books written in Gurmukhi (till the time we learn Gurmukhi). Sometimes the translation in other language is not proper and translator out of emotions makes meaning totally different.

Many sangat living in villages are illiterate and they can be inspired via documentaries.
The documentaries method of storytelling helps building interest in Children’s towards Gurmat.

I agree the documentaries should be fact based and not over exaggerated.
Sometime a Picture is worth more than 1000 words.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
No-bodh jee, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee did use the title sant when refering to a few gursikhs. The following come to mind, Sant Arjan Singh (from rangle sajjan), Sant Maghar Singh, Sant Jwala Singh. The fact is that Bhai Sahib did use this term for those who were popularly called by that name.

We all agree that ever gursikh should be called Bhai Sahib and not Sant, but if the person is commonly known as Sant it is kind of weird to call them by another name. I don't think it is too big of a deal that the term Sant is being used in this documentry.

This is a good form of parchaar of the jeevan of Bhai Sahib and should be supported. If we start finding faults in every urham to do parchaar then we will have no parchaar being done. Lets support this udham and hope they do fully gurmat parchaar in this documentry.

Preetam Singh
No-Bodh jee,

Making a documentary doesn't automatically give someone the title of a Sant. If only it was that easy. No sure which specific interview you are referring to?...No one is denying the fact that Bhai Sahib never wanted such titles, and the aim is not to glorify him as one either. It is to inspire people about sikhi, gurbani, and ultimately, the source which is Guru Sahib.

Bhai Sahib never made a separate sect or jatha, he belonged to the panth not just AKJ. AKJ came after. If you read about the ghadar lehar etc, it is evident that he associated himself with those true to the cause, no matter what jatha, samparda they represented. We tend to forget this nowadays and moslty he is associated with just AKJ. With media we can try and highlight these type of things. It has become a bigger task than originally thought, but Guru Sahib willing we will hopefully be able to still make this worthwile for many to appricieate and gain something from.

Gurbani, Bhai Gurdas Ji both talk about the gun (virtues) of Gursikhs, Gurmukhs etc, Bhai Sahib himself wrote about Rangle Sajjan. What for? To glorify them or to inspire others?

Bhai Sahib never initally wanted his jail chittian published, but then when people started to cause controversy, he allowed it to stop people trying to cause confusion on certian matters.

I agree with you that money should be spent for other worthy causes which you have mentioned, but parchar is equally important. How many people have actually read Bhai Sahib's books or (outside AKJ) know they even exist. This would act as a stepping stone using the resoucres available for people to find out more by getting those books and understanding the gurmat principles Bhai Sahib has written about.

Bhul chuk di khima

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Kee Fateh!!
Bh Jujhar Singh jee

If you wish tell people about Gurmat then I say go do Pend Parchaar in Punjab. Like Bh Fauja Singh & Baba Kartar Singh did. LOOK at the real issues that our Kaum is facing. Making documentaries is not going to have a impact on those in India. Your project is more for the western Sikhs who already are preached too.

If we don't follow Gurmat ourselves Rehits like strict Amritvela Abhyass, Promoting Laardaar Paath/Santhia, Sarbloh,Bana etc etc seem hard for us and we look for easy way out. Yet we insist on wasting money and making documentaries. If we carry with this pomp things will not go to good.

Bhul Chuk Maaf
Parchar needs to be done everywhere I think. I fully support those who do such parchar in Punjab, let us know how we can help you do this.

Just because the media or internet was not available in those days, doesn't mean we shouldn't use it now.

Thanks for your input.
No-Bodh jee, I understand your concern, however I've never come across a jeevani as inspiring as Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh jee's. It is very sad that so much ninda continues about Bhai Sahib today, and it is because people are very ignorant about Bhai Sahib and unwilling to read about his life before passing their judgements. The Panth is in a mess today because the majority of people who call themselves Sikhs have no faith in the kind of gurmat principles that Bhai Sahib sacrificed everything for.

I'm very excited for this documentary. Most people who have no interest in reading books, or who simply don't like anything to do with akj, are the people who make it hardest for sincere searchers of Guru Sahib's charan to progress on the gurmat path that Bhai Randheer Singh jee showed us.

I can't wait, please do hurry and put up more videos, and make this documentary air as widely as possible!!
sk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No-Bodh jee, I understand your concern, however
> I've never come across a jeevani as inspiring as
> Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh jee's. It is very sad
> that so much ninda continues about Bhai Sahib
> today, and it is because people are very ignorant
> about Bhai Sahib and unwilling to read about his
> life before passing their judgements. The Panth is
> in a mess today because the majority of people who
> call themselves Sikhs have no faith in the kind of
> gurmat principles that Bhai Sahib sacrificed
> everything for.
>
> I'm very excited for this documentary. Most people
> who have no interest in reading books, or who
> simply don't like anything to do with akj, are the
> people who make it hardest for sincere searchers
> of Guru Sahib's charan to progress on the gurmat
> path that Bhai Randheer Singh jee showed us.
>
> I can't wait, please do hurry and put up more
> videos, and make this documentary air as widely as
> possible!!

Well said Bhenjee, the other day a Singh approached me and asked me what did Bhai Sahib give to the Panth? I laughed and asked him if he was serious? When he said he was being serious, I was deeply saddened that such a Great Panthic Figure like Bhai Sahib is not very well known outside of the Jatha. I told the Singh that Bhai Sahib wrote many, many books, he was surprised to hear this. I spent a few minutes explaining to him what Bhai Sahib did for the Panth.

I think a documentary will be very good to show people who Bhai Sahib was. Good Job by the creators, please continue making efforts to get this documentary out as soon as possible.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
I would like to humbly share the following article on a close youth associate of Bhai Sahibjio, which confirms Bhai Sahib's link with AKJ (Akal King Jatha)>
[lakhvir.wordpress.com]

Bhul chuk muaf ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No Bodh Jeeo - you do indeed have a point but you need to balance with the efforts a Gursikhs have been done here on these promos.

Bhai Randhir Singh jee's work is in such deep punjabi that it would take another couple of generations for it to be written articluately for people to understand the depth of such a pesonaility.The people in the western world at least even the 50% of the the jatha memberrs i have spoken to have only read a couple of books of Bhai Sahibs works but not all!!

The sad relaity is using cheap words like "POMP" -- doesn't help anyone - where is the chardi kala aspect in your comments?

Whether in Punjab or abroad Parchar of this kind is a dire neccessity at this time.
Is there any news of this upcoming documentary?

Dass
Harleen Singh
Bhai Sahib had a massive jeevan, and we've been working hard to try and create a structure that will help show all the facets of his life. Currently we've had to shoot a few extra scenes, and develop voice overs along with cut aways that will supplement the context of the interviews. We also recently filmed Jaiteg Singh, due to his comprehensive knowledge about Bhai Sahib's time in Jail.

I understand a lot of people are restless about the release, and I am trying hard to ensure that the documentary is of the highest quality. Apologies about the delay.

Will definitely be released next year. I will post some more information when I am completed

Ranjeet Singh
Any news so far?

Dass
Harleen Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login