Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bandookaa

Posted by Blue Army 
Bandookaa
May 06, 2011 12:36PM
waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh

how does the sangat feel of bringing a rifle or bandook in guru ji's darbar ?

does it get the padd of a shashtar or no. and is it wrong ?

Kirpa karo jee.

Babbar Singhs and the khalistan tiger force and nagoke jatha singhs would carry loaded ammo into guroo sahibs darbar.

what do you think ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bandookaa
May 06, 2011 02:18PM
Awesome. If they are brought for Hukam, it will bring hapiness to Guru Gobind Singh Ji. But if a Singh is just carrying them and has no intention for using for the sake of Dharam Yudh, than they just might not please Guru Sahib (I really don't think they would). What does the Sangat think?
May 06, 2011 06:19PM
If the arm in question is loaded, than yea go for it, if the gun is just a show piece than you might as well bring a kirpan.

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
May 06, 2011 07:16PM
Baba Deep Singh had a pistol, which is now at Akal Takath Sahib, but does it count as a shaster if it's not Sarbloh? In rehitnameh and Gurbani Guru sahib gives much ustat to swords and never has he mentioned guns.
May 07, 2011 08:27AM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Khalsa jio,

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

A Sikh can bring any kind of Shyshter additional to 5 kakkari kirpan to Guru Sahib’s Darbar. The maryada is to surrender that shyshtar before Guru Sahib when sitting in Guru Darbar. I think this maryada is totally disappeared. First of all now a days very few Sikh carry any Shyshtars, majority do not (Daas is one of them); secondly the ones who carries them most do not know proper maryada of Guru Darbar. After 1978 Shaheedi saka and pre 84 time many Singhs carried rifles, safajangs and other shyshtars when they come to Guru Darbar. After matha tek they leave the Shyshtars before Guru Sahib where usually Golak is placed and after the samapati of divaan they take it back.

Other than Guru’s Khalsa army no one else is allowed to bring any kind of Shyshtars in Guru Darbar. This was the rule/understanding that if a Punjab Police or Army officer go to Guru Darbar he/she has to leave his/her gun /pistol outside and have to remove his/her belt, name plate and rank stars from his dress only then he/she is allowed to enter Guru Darbar. I do not know if they still follow any more because since 1984 many practices are changed now.

Another thing bit related to the topic, daas also observe in today's Gurudwaras that many Sikhs knowingly or unknowingly do the placement of shyshtars like kirpans and arrows in wrong manner before Guru Sahib. I never understood that why 3 foot kirpans are placed unsheathed? They should be sheathed and its sharp side should be placed outward not towards Guru Sahib. No one has right to unsheathe the kirpan in Guru Darbar without any Gurmat purpose. Other thing one will noticeis is that the arrows are placed in so badly fashion that they all direct towards Guru Sahib. Wah! What a maryada of placing Shyshtars, by doing so are we trying to say that, “Hay Guru Sahib Jee we will use these arrows and kirpans on you?”

Anyway Daas's point is that even though there is no restriction for bringing any kind of shyshtar to Guru Darbar; however, one should follow proper/humble maryada when bringing/placing Shyshtars in Guru Darbar.

With Regards,
Daas
May 07, 2011 09:51AM
Jasjit Singh
After matha tek they leave the Shyshtars before Guru Sahib where usually Golak is placed and after the samapati of divaan they take it back.

Do you have any historical reference for this Bhai Jasjit Singh ji? I have never heard of any such tradition. This doesn't seem correct. By this idea, there would be thousands of shastars placed in front of Guru Sahib and that would mean thousands of gursikhs would be clueless as to which shastar belonged to whom.

What is wrong with a tyar-bar-tyar gursikh sitting with their shastars in darbar of Guru Granth Sahib ji? Do you really think Guru Gobind Singh ji had His gursikhs sit without their shastars? Are you suggesting that gursikhs back then would sit without being tyar-bar-tyar? This tradition you are stating seems inaccurate.

H.S
May 07, 2011 10:48AM
I understand that when doing Matha-tek, we should place our Shaster in front of Guru Sahib out of respect but I have not heard about leaving the Shaster in Hazoori of Guru Sahib and sitting Shaster-less in Sangat. Imagine, if 100 Gursikhs come to Guru Darbar armed with Shaster, what chaos there would be if all of them left their heavy Shasters in the Hazoori of Guru Sahib. There would be high chances of some Gursikhs losing their Shasters.

Rest of our Pyare Bhai Jasjit Singh jee's points are excellent.

Rest, Bhai Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
May 07, 2011 01:01PM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Bhai Hari Singh jio,

Do you have any historical reference for this Bhai Jasjit Singh ji? I have never heard of any such tradition. This doesn't seem correct. By this idea, there would be thousands of shastars placed in front of Guru Sahib and that would mean thousands of gursikhs would be clueless as to which shastar belonged to whom.
Daas described whatever I have seen Gursikhs doing. It’s not a hard rule. Depending upon the type of shyshtars, sangat you go to and with the purpose you bring in the shyshtar one can do whatever one likes. If we can identify our Jorra (shoes) out of thousands in Jorra Ghar then identifying one shystar out of few is not that difficult.

With Regards,
Daas
May 07, 2011 04:51PM
Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Maaf karna Sangat Jee, I have 3 questions:

1) I don't understand why shastars need to be placed with sharp side facing sangat. Are we really issuing a challenge to someone by placing already-surrendered shastar with sharp side facing them?

2) Also, should shastars be arranged nicely (to create a pattern) in front of mahraaj or just placed in lines/stacks?

3) In which cases can shastar be unsheathed? So far I can think of: Yudh, Deg, shastran di Seva (cleaning, sharpening, inspecting), practicing gatka.

Veer Jasjit SIngh Jee please answer. Bohut dhanvad jee and please forgive this fool for mistakes.
May 07, 2011 05:00PM
Bhai Gurman Singh Jeeo,

Its true Guru Sahib has given most praise to Sarab Loh Sri Sahib, but he does mention
Bandooka as well in Rehat Maryada.
ex- ਪੰਜ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਰ ਦੇਹ ਪੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਗਾਤਰੇ ਰਾਖ

In "Panj Shaster" Bandooka is included.

Bhai Jasjit Singh Jeeo,

In ancient times Shasters were left at the golak as a donation, but those who have the donation would
still say shasterdhari.

Also, there is offense in doing Sri Sahib Parkaash in Guru Sahibs Hazoori. Guru Sahib has
so much pyaar for shasters especially Sarab Loh Sri Sahib so how can he take offense by
its sight.
May 08, 2011 01:49PM
In my opinion, leaving your Shaster with Guru Sahib seems like a good practice, Gurmat wise. Honestly if we developed affection for our Shaster for the way it looks, I think that maybe Maya. If done as stated above, we will be abandoning Maya, and it will make us want to learn a variety of weapons because we won't know what we will pick up in time of need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login