ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"What proof do you have that Gurmantar is Vaheguru?"

Posted by Manvir Singh 
I was shocked to hear a Radha Soami say, "What proof do you have the Vaheguru is the GurMantar?" I replied, "My Guru has given this to me. When you take Amrit the Guru gives you the GurMantar."

The Radha Soami replied, "But can you be 100% sure that this is the same Mantar, the same Naam, that Guru Nanak Dev Ji practiced? It could have changed. How would you know?" Daas replied, "I know 100%. I don't need to doubt it. If you want to Japp Raam or Allah, go for it. But Vaheguru Mantar is accept by all the Panth and from generation to generation it has been passed through initiation ceremony."

I was shocked by the persistance of the person. He said, "If Vaheguru is the Gurmantar then why is not mentioned in [Sri Guru] Granth Sahib [Ji]?" I replied, "It is. It is mentioned 13 times." Then he argued, "I think the real Naam is "Onkaar" [note: he pronounced it as "Onkaar" not "O-ankaar"] because Guru Nanak [Dev Ji] didn't "IK VAHEGURU", he said, "IK ONKAAR". Why would Guru Nanak Dev Ji say "EK" then "Oankaar" and straight after he says "SATNAAM". This means "SatNaam" is "Oankaar.""

I couldn't be bothered to discuss this any further with the guy and replied, "One who has received the True Naam from the the True Guru knows what they get out it. If you want to Japp Raam, Allah, Oankaar... go for it. Good luck. I will stick to what my Guru says."

Has anyone here before heard of this argument that "Oankaar" is Naam because straight after it is written "Sat Naam"?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry I also mentioned that Bhai Gurdaas Ji records that Gurmantar is Vaheguru and that "Sat Naam" is Vaheguru. But he still sounded unconvinced. I don't think such people could really be convinced.

ਸਤਿ ਰੂਪੁ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨਾਮਕ ਦੇਉ ਜਪਾਇਆ||
ਧਰਮਸਾਲ ਕਰਤਾਰ ਪੁਰੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਚ ਖੰਡੁ ਵਸਾਇਆ||
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ ||੧||
"The True Guru Nanak Dev inspired people to remember the True name of the Lord whose form is Truth.
Founding dharamsala, the place for dharma, at Kartarpur, it was inhabited by the Holy Congregation as the abode of Truth.
Word ‘Vaheguru’ was imparted (by Guru Nanak) to the people.(1)"
(Vaar 24, Pauri 1)

He kept saying he was not happy with the translation of "Panch Shabad" to mean "Supreme Shabad." He insisted Panch Shabad means Five Shabads. Any thoughts of the Sangat on "Panch Shabad" meaning.
bhai manvir singh jee, bhai sahab bhai randhir singh jee has got gurmantar from guru granth sahib jee. As mentioned in jail chitthiaan waheguru gurmantar chamak reaa c without any support,in the air.
reply to radha soami , tell him guru says "SAAS SAAS SIMRO GOBIND MAN ANTAR KI UTRAI CHINND" so one word"waheguru" is gurmantar which is easily chanted swaas swaas as comapared to other mantars. radha soamis have 5 word mantar and you cannot chant it swaas swaas.
JO SAAS GIRAAS DHEAAE MERA HAR HAR "SO" GURSIKH GURU MAN BHAAVAI.
they do not have swaas swaas simran.
2. bhai gurdaas ji's varaan is the key to SGGS JI and baani says waheguru gurr mantar hai.
3. gurinder singh is fake, he cannot be a guru.
gurinder singh radha soamiaan da ANAND KARAJ kara sakde ne??
SGGS JI POOORE NE .
gurinder singh shaarerik rog door kar sakde ne???
SGGS JI POORE GURE NE.
gurinder singh kaaraj savaar sakde ne???
SGGS JI poore guru ne.
This should help: [searchsikhism.com]
The life story of baba jaimal singh jee, former "guru" of radhaswami sect is very interesting. Jaimal singh did have qualities pious qualities no doubt and attained some level of avastha.

However, he made some some serious blunders which resulted in the prominence of radhaswami sect in Punjab and misleading many from the path of Gurmat.

I can't recall clearly now but from what I remember, Jaimal Singh got confused by "panch shabad" in Gurbanee for some time. He some how came to conclusion that "panch" means five. That's why to this day rahdaswamis focus on these sounds when doing bhagti. In reality I think "panch" means superior . Gursikhs do not focus on these five sounds rather they get to hear the anahad shabad that goes on in Sachkhand which are millions of times greater than these "panch shabad".

Another interesting incident that I recall is that jaimal singh had the great fortune of meeting baba balak singh hazro, former leader of the naamdharee sect before it was corrupted. I think baba balak singh jee instructed jaimal singh to do swaas swas simran of gurmantar but alas jaimal singh did not listen. Instead of following a Gursikhs advice jaimal singh decided to follow shiv dyal (creater of radhaswami sect) who wore topi and smoked.

I think even within panthic sikh groups there is confusion regarding "panch shabad". I think bhai sahib randheer singh jee is only one of few who has done good explanation of "panch shabad" and "anahad dhuni". This is why there books are very important to read.

Alas, if he had followed baba balak singh jee and did bhagtee of Gurmanantar maybe he could have done seva for the Sikh Panth.

Bhul chuk maaf jee.
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Bhai Sahib, Radha Soamis have an agenda and there is no use arguing with them. Next, they will say that nowhere does it say in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji about the Punj Kakkars or Bana or anything for that matter.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh met their head and did the clock/watch (not sure which one, will say watch) hiding episode - Sawan S. was claiming knowledge of the three worlds, and when he closed his eyes, Bhai Sahib hid his watch. When Sawan S. opened his eyes, he tried to locate his watch and tried to blame a Singh who had come with Bhai Sahib of stealing the watch. Bhai Sahib said, think about it - do you really think the Singh took the watch? Sawan S. confirmed. Bhai Sahib took out the watch and showed him. Sawan S. was embarrassed and many of his dera left upon seeing Sawan S., the one who claimed to know what was happening in three worlds, as the liar he was.

Alternatively, I think I have already told you what my Mama did in UK - the put up or shut up scenario. For the amusement of the Sangat, I will relay it. A radhasoami kept bugging him about similar arguments at a train station. He listened and listened and finally said, "Let's do this. You and I will jump on the train tracks. Whoever lives, his Guru is supreme". The radhasoami backed off and became somewhat silent.

There are many cultists out there trying to uproot Sikhi for their own gains or the gains of others.

One such fool:

[www.youtube.com]

Another is the Satnami cult headed by Narinder Grewal, formerly from Canada and now in the UK, which kept doing parchar that Satnaam is the true Naam, not Vaheguru. He also claimed to have visited "Par-Brahm Khand", where the Gurus bowed down to him. Once the Sangat learned of his deeds, he was summarily thrashed, presented in front of the Punj Pyare elected from the Sangat and made to sign an affidavit that he was not a Sikh and he would cease to do parchar. He, however, has continued to spread his nonsense in the UK. His sidekick, Daasan Daas, aka. Surinder Multani, and I argued for months until he threatened to report me to the FBI, which I encouraged him to do.

There are many others - what is the use of arguing with them. There are only two ways to deal with fools per Giani Pinderpal Singh:

Preferred Option:

ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥
Moorakhai Naal N Lujheeai ||19||
मूरखै नालि न लुझीऐ ॥१९॥
Don't argue with fools. ||19||
ਅਤੇ ਮੂਰਖ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਝਗੜਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ॥੧੯॥
ਲੁਝੀਐ = ਝਗੜੀਏ ॥੧੯॥ (473)

Otherwise...

ਮੂਰਖ ਗੰਢੁ ਪਵੈ ਮੁਹਿ ਮਾਰ ॥
Moorakh Gandt Pavai Muhi Maar ||
मूरख गंढु पवै मुहि मार ॥
The fool establishes his bonds only when he is slapped in the face.
ਮੂੰਹ ਤੇ ਮਾਰ ਪਿਆਂ ਮੂਰਖ (ਦੇ ਮੂਰਖ-ਪੁਣੇ) ਨੂੰ ਰੋਕ ਪਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ।
ਮੁਹਿ = ਮੂੰਹ ਉਤੇ। (143)

You made your point and he refused to back down. The above two options are all that remain. Don't waste your time or kamai on these people. they have at least 36 branches all claiming to be the real one and are funded and sustained by the GOI.
ਇਹਨਾ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਮੱਥਾ ਮਾਰਨ ਦੀ ਕੋਈ ਲੋੜ ਨਹੀਂ . ਸਗੋਂ ਗੱਲ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਉੱਤੇ ਉਲਟੀ ਪਾ ਕੇ ਕਹੋ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੋਲ ਕੀ ਪਰੂਫ ਹੈ ਕੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਿਸੇ ਕੰਮ ਦਾ ਹੈ ਵੀ ਕਿ ਨਹੀਂ , ਜਾਂ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੀ ਕੋਈ ਹੋਰ ਗੱਲ .

Waheguru gurmantar has been passed on historically in an unbroken fashion from Guru Nanak Dev ji till Guru Gobind Singh ji and then later on in Gursikhs. Since the chain has NEVER been historically broken and since it is WIDESPREAD and HISTORICALLY ACCEPTED by all our past and modern day saints, who attained Brahmgyan avastha , THAT IS PROOF ENOUGH FOR US.

If Waheguru gurmantar was not true mantar then how did Baba Karam Singh ji Hoti Mardan, Baba Aaya SIngh ji Hoti Mardan, Baba Attar Singh ji Reru Sahib Wale, Baba Jwala Singh ji Harkhowal Wale, Baba Isher Singh ji Rara Sahib Wale, Baba Maha Harnam Singh ji Bhucho Wale, Baba Nand Singh ji Nanaksar Wale, Baba Mit Singh ji Hazur Sahib wale, and Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji and scores of gursikhs in his jatha attain Brahmgyan avastha? So this is proof enough.

Its not like there was a historical gap of 100 years between the puratan gursikhs and the new ones. The various lineages have run down the centuries in an unbroken fashion. There is no gap. End of argument.
ms514 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH
>
> Bhai Sahib, Radha Soamis have an agenda and there
> is no use arguing with them. Next, they will say
> that nowhere does it say in the Guru Granth Sahib
> Ji about the Punj Kakkars or Bana or anything for
> that matter.
>
> Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh met their head and did
> the clock/watch (not sure which one, will say
> watch) hiding episode - Sawan S. was claiming
> knowledge of the three worlds, and when he closed
> his eyes, Bhai Sahib hid his watch. When Sawan S.
> opened his eyes, he tried to locate his watch and
> tried to blame a Singh who had come with Bhai
> Sahib of stealing the watch. Bhai Sahib said,
> think about it - do you really think the Singh
> took the watch? Sawan S. confirmed. Bhai Sahib
> took out the watch and showed him. Sawan S. was
> embarrassed and many of his dera left upon seeing
> Sawan S., the one who claimed to know what was
> happening in three worlds, as the liar he was.
>
> Alternatively, I think I have already told you
> what my Mama did in UK - the put up or shut up
> scenario. For the amusement of the Sangat, I will
> relay it. A radhasoami kept bugging him about
> similar arguments at a train station. He listened
> and listened and finally said, "Let's do this.
> You and I will jump on the train tracks. Whoever
> lives, his Guru is supreme". The radhasoami
> backed off and became somewhat silent.
>
> There are many cultists out there trying to uproot
> Sikhi for their own gains or the gains of others.
>
> One such fool:
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Another is the Satnami cult headed by Narinder
> Grewal, formerly from Canada and now in the UK,
> which kept doing parchar that Satnaam is the true
> Naam, not Vaheguru. He also claimed to have
> visited "Par-Brahm Khand", where the Gurus bowed
> down to him. Once the Sangat learned of his
> deeds, he was summarily thrashed, presented in
> front of the Punj Pyare elected from the Sangat
> and made to sign an affidavit that he was not a
> Sikh and he would cease to do parchar. He,
> however, has continued to spread his nonsense in
> the UK. His sidekick, Daasan Daas, aka. Surinder
> Multani, and I argued for months until he
> threatened to report me to the FBI, which I
> encouraged him to do.
>
> There are many others - what is the use of arguing
> with them. There are only two ways to deal with
> fools per Giani Pinderpal Singh:
>
> Preferred Option:
>
> ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ
> ॥੧੯॥
> Moorakhai Naal N Lujheeai ||19||
> मूरखै नालि न लुझीऐ
> ॥१९॥
> Don't argue with fools. ||19||
> ਅਤੇ ਮੂਰਖ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ
> ਝਗੜਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ॥੧੯॥
> ਲੁਝੀਐ = ਝਗੜੀਏ ॥੧੯॥
> (473)
>
> Otherwise...
>
> ਮੂਰਖ ਗੰਢੁ ਪਵੈ ਮੁਹਿ
> ਮਾਰ ॥
> Moorakh Gandt Pavai Muhi Maar ||
> मूरख गंढु पवै मुहि
> मार ॥
> The fool establishes his bonds only when he is
> slapped in the face.
> ਮੂੰਹ ਤੇ ਮਾਰ ਪਿਆਂ
> ਮੂਰਖ (ਦੇ ਮੂਰਖ-ਪੁਣੇ)
> ਨੂੰ ਰੋਕ ਪਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ।
> ਮੁਹਿ = ਮੂੰਹ ਉਤੇ। (143)
>
> You made your point and he refused to back down.
> The above two options are all that remain. Don't
> waste your time or kamai on these people. they
> have at least 36 branches all claiming to be the
> real one and are funded and sustained by the GOI.

Do you know if Harjit Lakhan, (now patit) also follows this Grewal character? Lakhan used to do very good parchar and wrote the book warrior princess but somewhere along the line his bad karma sprouted and he started following I think the same cult, and removed all kakaars/kes. Harjit now believes that only brahmgiani panj piyare can administer Amrit.
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I believe so.

[uk.linkedin.com] - LinkedIn Profile.

[www.youtube.com] - Satnaam cult Youtube link.

[www.youtube.com] - appears to be Mr. Lakhan engaging in singing.

[www.youtube.com] - Mr. Lakhan's personal Youtube channel, showing Narinder Grewal under "My Baba Ji".

You will note that Grewal chameleons in and out of Sikhi Saroop - wonder if he is seeking new victims.

More background on Mr. Grewal:

[www.sikhsentinel.com]

Be alert in the UK and US - his dera is in UK and he visits the U.S. on trips as well.
How about slapping them with the counter question: "What proof do you have that Vaheguru is NOT the Gurmantar?"
Manvir Singh Wrote:
> I was shocked to hear a Radha Soami say, "What
> proof do you have the Vaheguru is the GurMantar?"
> I replied, "My Guru has given this to me. When you
> take Amrit the Guru gives you the GurMantar."
>
> The Radha Soami replied, "But can you be 100% sure
> that this is the same Mantar, the same Naam, that
> Guru Nanak Dev Ji practiced? It could have
> changed. How would you know?" Daas replied, "I
> know 100%. I don't need to doubt it. If you want
> to Japp Raam or Allah, go for it. But Vaheguru
> Mantar is accept by all the Panth and from
> generation to generation it has been passed
> through initiation ceremony."
>
> I was shocked by the persistance of the person. He
> said, "If Vaheguru is the Gurmantar then why is
> not mentioned in Granth Sahib ?" I replied, "It
> is. It is mentioned 13 times." Then he argued, "I
> think the real Naam is "Onkaar" because Guru
> Nanak didn't "IK VAHEGURU", he said, "IK ONKAAR".
> Why would Guru Nanak Dev Ji say "EK" then
> "Oankaar" and straight after he says "SATNAAM".
> This means "SatNaam" is "Oankaar.""
>
> I couldn't be bothered to discuss this any further
> with the guy and replied, "One who has received
> the True Naam from the the True Guru knows what
> they get out it. If you want to Japp Raam, Allah,
> Oankaar... go for it. Good luck. I will stick to
> what my Guru says."
>
> Has anyone here before heard of this argument that
> "Oankaar" is Naam because straight after it is
> written "Sat Naam"?

Firstly, SatNam does not mean oangkaar.
Guru Nanak ji starts with 'EK OANG-KAAR' and the Japji, Guru Granth sahib ji follows elaborating this Ek Oang-Kaar.

EK= One...the number 1
OANG= This is the the sound of creation, the celestial, the anhad, from beginning to eternity,...the shabad.
gurbani says....
ਓਅੰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕੀਓ ਅਕਾਰਾ ॥
Oaʼng gurmukẖ kī▫o akārā.

ONG: The One Universal Creator created the Creation through the Word of the Primal Guru

KAR= Kar is the doing by the doer... the creation,.. the world... the mankind.... Kar is what is created by karta purakh.

The simplest manner to think of Ek-oan-kaar is to think of these 3 terms.... because 1st came Ek, then Oang- and Kar creation followed.
To get back to that source of EK, we have to start in reverse from the KAR.
This is the similar reverse process we use with saas graas and saas saas.. by starting from breath at nabi and going towards the sukham shabad and nirankar within.
So with Ek-Oang-Kar... we have to start in the physical creation within maya and connect to the Oang shabad that Kar came from.
Once you connected with shabad, then you follow this all the way to sachkhand.

GUR-MANTAR is Waheguru,.... as per Bhai Gurdas Ji and of course all the gurus.. and not forgetting some of the comments in previous posts.
Sikh of the Guru uses this Gur-man-tar as per Guru Gobind Singh ji.
As per gurbani,maybe earlier mahalas used har har or hari as well.....but the point is that this is the tool given to a sikh of the Guru.....because also......Remember that GUR-MAN-TAR means...

GUR=Guru
MAN=Mind
TAR=Tool.
.............so it's a tool for controlling and subduing the mind.... As the game is all about the mind and getting that full Dhyiaan on Waheguru Akaal purakh.
Therefore, it is the tool we use in this ''KAR'' world.. to help take us to 'EK' via the shabad dhun of 'OANG'

Since Gurmantar Waheguru is the tool to help take our mind to the source Ek form the Kar and via Oang..... then Ek Oangkar cannot mean the same as Satnaam.
Reply Quote proof ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C32830%2C32860%23msg-32860" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
ms514 Wrote:
> VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH
>
> I believe so.
>
> [uk.linkedin.com] - LinkedIn
> Profile.
>
> [www.youtube.com] -
> Satnaam cult Youtube link.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> UDw6jvOmytPA5CZhJ2uiQXw - appears to be Mr. Lakhan
> engaging in singing.
>
> [www.youtube.com] - Mr.
> Lakhan's personal Youtube channel, showing
> Narinder Grewal under "My Baba Ji".
>
> You will note that Grewal chameleons in and out of
> Sikhi Saroop - wonder if he is seeking new
> victims.
>
> More background on Mr. Grewal:
>
> [www.sikhsentinel.com]
> dergrewal.htm
>
> Be alert in the UK and US - his dera is in UK and
> he visits the U.S. on trips as well.

Thanks for the information. Unbelievable that people fall prey to phoneys like NG moody smiley The guy playing tabla in the singing video used to follow Baba Jaswant Singh (Ludhiane Vale), he must have jumped ship.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login