ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raw Foods and Bibek?

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Raw Foods and Bibek?
October 22, 2013 11:03AM
For a long time I would not eat raw foods ( vegetables and fruits) given to me by non Gursikhs, but then an older Singh was once telling me how he met Sant Jarnail Singh Ji in Delhi. He said Sant Jarnail Singh would also keep Bibek he would only accept raw foods from non- Gursikhs . So I assumed it was not against Gurmat to eat raw foods given by non-Gursikhs? But when I eat such food something doesn't seem right. There isn't any influence of the panj vikars but still something doesn't seem right? I don't know If its just In my mind and perhaps Im being over cautious . What is sangats views on eating raw foods from non- Gursikhs.

I know some clever people are saying all the food we buy from the groceries are touched by non-Gursikhs. Im not talking about buying your own raw food Im talking about accepting food from non Gursikhs.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Raw Foods and Bibek?
October 22, 2013 11:17AM
Bhai Jagtar Singh jee had mentioned once that if a non-Sikh with unstained earnings, offers fruit or raw food with love, it can be accepted, if it can't be avoided but food from a Tankhaaiya or Patit person cannot be accepted.

From the above statement, we should not deduce that we should make it a daily practice to accept such food but in cases we can't avoid, it's okay to accept such food given with love.

Rest, Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
October 22, 2013 03:22PM
I would have thought a tankhaaiya (one who has done a big dhill but not committed a bujjet kurehit) would be in a better position then one without the Guru (non amritdhari or non sikh).

Obviously a patit's position is so terrible that it makes sense to avoid even an allowed raw ingredient from them.

I think we can all agree that the finer "rules" in rehit, like the one brought up in the topic, can never be made certain. Best to do what you personally feel is right.
October 22, 2013 07:06PM

Bhai Jagtar Singh jee had mentioned once that if a non-Sikh with unstained earnings, offers fruit or raw food with love, it can be accepted, if it can't be avoided but food from a Tankhaaiya or Patit person cannot be accepted.

From the above statement, we should not deduce that we should make it a daily practice to accept such food but in cases we can't avoid, it's okay to accept such food given with love.

Rest, Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh

Thank you Ji. Many co-workers, friends and family offer raw food too me and I was at times in doubt especially after I saw a sign from Tapoban Singh telling sangat not to bring raw foods for langar. I think this was specifically for those who are Tankhiya/veymukhs.
October 22, 2013 08:59PM
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bhai Jagtar Singh jee had mentioned once that if a
> non-Sikh with unstained earnings, offers fruit or
> raw food with love, it can be accepted, if it
> can't be avoided but food from a Tankhaaiya or
> Patit person cannot be accepted.
>
> From the above statement, we should not deduce
> that we should make it a daily practice to accept
> such food but in cases we can't avoid, it's okay
> to accept such food given with love.
>
> Rest, Guru Sahib knows better.
>
> Kulbir Singh
>
> Thank you Ji. Many co-workers, friends and family
> offer raw food too me and I was at times in doubt
> especially after I saw a sign from Tapoban Singh
> telling sangat not to bring raw foods for langar.
> I think this was specifically for those who are
> Tankhiya/veymukhs.

The sign says not to bring any sort of food to the Gurdwara Sahib whether it is raw or not doesn't matter. If someone wants to give raw food to the Gurdwara Sahib they must be Amritdhari and give Dasvandh. If they don't give Dasvandh then the raw food is not accepted, unless they agree to start giving Dasvandh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login