ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what is bhairaag

Posted by singhni 
what is bhairaag
June 10, 2013 07:06PM
Can sangat please define what the concept of bairaag means? Im a bit confused on it? In gubaani bairaag is detached person.. But in saakhiyaa bairaag seems like it is longing?

How long is it possible for bhairaag to last?

Thank you so much for your help!

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: what is bhairaag
June 19, 2013 12:18PM
it seems that you didn't got the answer in your previous post.. bairaag is not that difficult term to understand for someone like you... if i'm not wrong you are the same person who shared some feelings about how badly you wanted to take amrit, when you go in a raensabai how that pain pops up..

it was exactly what bairaag is... bairaag is a feeling that you get when you need something and no one can help you (including family,friends) and you become sad, you cannot live without it... and then you take oat aasra of satguru ji, your only hope to take you to what you want...

ਫਿਰਤ ਫਿਰਤ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਇਆ ਪਰਿਆ ਤਉ ਸਰਨਾਇ ॥
Firath Firath Prabh Aaeiaa Pariaa Tho Saranaae ||
After wandering and wandering, O God, I have come, and entered Your Sanctuary.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਅਪਨੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਲਾਇ ॥੧॥
Naanak Kee Prabh Baenathee Apanee Bhagathee Laae ||1||
This is Nanak's prayer, O God: please, attach me to Your devotional service. ||1||

bairaag comes only when you want something desperately, something that you cannot live without.. therefore it can only come through love... it is a very pure stage as no profit or loss is associated with it as you want it because you love it...

to understand more how bairaag feels read this shabad of guru arjan dev ji:

[www.searchgurbani.com]

and the story how guru arjan dev ji wrote this shabad is a perfect example of bairaag:

[ipv6.sikhnet.com]

hope this will help you...

bhul chuk muaf...

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh...
June 20, 2013 09:50AM
Mahaan-kosh
ਬੈਰਾਗ - bairāga - बैराग
ਸੰ. ਵਿਰਾਗ. ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ- ਰਾਗ (ਮੁਹੱਬਤ) ਦਾ ਅਭਾਵ ਪਦਾਰਥਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਦਾ ਨਾ ਹੋਣਾ. ਵੈਰਾਗ੍ਯ. ਵਿਰਾਗ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਵੈਰਾਗ। ੨. ਰੁਦਨ. ਰੋਣਾ. "ਸਹਜ ਬੈਰਾਗ. ਸਹਜੇ ਹੀ ਹਸਨਾ." (ਗਉ ਅਃ ਮਃ ੫) ਦੇਖੋ, ਬੈਰਾਗ ਛੁੱਟਣਾ। ੩. ਉਪਰਾਮਤਾ. "ਜਿਹ ਬਿਖਿਆ ਸਗਲੀ ਤਜੀ ਲੀਓ ਭੇਖ ਬੈਰਾਗ." (ਸਃ ਮਃ ੯) ਵੇਸ (ਭੇਖ) ਤੋਂ ਭੀ ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਉਪਰਾਮਤਾ ਗ੍ਰਹਿਣ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ.
June 21, 2013 12:55AM
My mistake.. I didn't know that I was feeling that...

Sometimes I don't realize things..Even when they are obvious

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji k Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login