ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amritvela

Posted by guptsingh123 
Amritvela
April 11, 2011 04:06PM
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh, i have recently heard from someone that it is not right to wake some one up for amritvela and one should get up theirself not by others, but what if you forget to put alarm on is it wrong for your gursikh brother to wake u up plz shed some light. WAheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Amritvela
April 11, 2011 05:45PM
I've never heard anything like that. In fact, I think it's a good idea for Gursikhs to help out by waking up others for Amritvela. They're helping out others with their Sikhi, and that has to be a good deed. How can it be wrong to help another fellow Gursikh?

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
April 11, 2011 08:48PM
Kaurs4 is correct. There is nothing wrong in waking someone else at Amritvela. Don't get stuck in such superstitions that have nothing to do with Gurmat.

Kulbir Singh
April 11, 2011 09:32PM
Kara pala ho pala
April 11, 2011 09:52PM
I dont think its wrong for someone to help others wake for Amrit Vela in facts its
ones duty and it should be considered as Seva. I used to live with a group of Singhs
and we would always wake each other up. Because of their seva, and Guru Sahibs kirpa
I have a much more easier time now getting up without their assistance.

I think your friend is telling you that you shouldnt have the mentality that " if my alarm doesnt
get me up then my brother well get me up". Instead you should have a more vigilant and determined
attitude about Amrit Vela and think " Im getting up early and I will be the one to wake my brother up!".Could you imagine
how much kirpa Guru Sahib gives that Gursikh who wakes up his Gursikh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login