ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To all Gursikhs who are married..

Posted by nobody 
Sangat jee, did anyone feel vey scared about getting married or initially decide not to marry at all? Marriage seems very daunting, especially for a moorakh like myself..

I know that we should have faith in Guru Maharaaj and They shall resolve all of our affairs, but sometimes it is very difficult to suppress the feeling of panic when someone says to me that I shall have to get married soon ha ha.

Any general advice? Is it normal to feel like this? It would be encouraging to hear from any Gursikh who felt the same way..
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I will write a poem on this soon
Look forward to it bhaji, i love your poems grinning smiley
nobody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sangat jee, did anyone feel vey scared about
> getting married or initially decide not to marry
> at all? Marriage seems very daunting, especially
> for a moorakh like myself..
>
> I know that we should have faith in Guru Maharaaj
> and They shall resolve all of our affairs, but
> sometimes it is very difficult to suppress the
> feeling of panic when someone says to me that I
> shall have to get married soon ha ha.
>
> Any general advice? Is it normal to feel like
> this? It would be encouraging to hear from any
> Gursikh who felt the same way..

Today when I was at the local Gurdwara an Auntee jee who is a close family friend
approached me and started talking to me about marriage. I started laughing and said
"well see" and tried to change the subject. But she was quite persistent as most auntee jees are ( lol).
There is nothing really to be scared about if someone tells you that you should be getting married
soon. Anand Karaj is a great blessing and allows one to have permanent sangat to share their Sikhi with so why
fear( be intimidated by) sangat. As long as we regard our future spouse as sangat then their will be no fear but instead
the thought of marriage will bring joy.The only thing is make sure you marry someone who respects the way you
practice and believe in Sikhi.
WJKK WJKfateh,

out of curiosity, what is the consensus on the appropriate age of getting married. I have noticed that Gursikh tend to get married a lot earlier than those who are not gursikh. Is this simply a trend or am i missing something?
Sukhdeep Singh
Today when I was at the local Gurdwara an Auntee jee who is a close family friend
approached me and started talking to me about marriage. I started laughing and said
"well see" and tried to change the subject. But she was quite persistent as most auntee jees are ( lol).
There is nothing really to be scared about if someone tells you that you should be getting married
soon. Anand Karaj is a great blessing and allows one to have permanent sangat to share their Sikhi with so why
fear( be intimidated by) sangat. As long as we regard our future spouse as sangat then their will be no fear but instead
the thought of marriage will bring joy.The only thing is make sure you marry someone who respects the way you
practice and believe in Sikhi.
Thank you bhaji..I like how you've compared being married to having constant sangat, hadn't thought of it like that before! But at the same time, what I find worrying is how family politics often increase after marriage, arguments can become more frequent, and even divorces rates have been going up slowly but surely within Sikhs..

This probably sounds very silly and trivial, I should probably stop over thinking things..

Shaheed
WJKK WJKfateh,

out of curiosity, what is the consensus on the appropriate age of getting married. I have noticed that Gursikh tend to get married a lot earlier than those who are not gursikh. Is this simply a trend or am i missing something?
It just seems to be a trend bhaji, not sure if there are any Gurmat related reasons..I'm sure someone else knows more than me..
nobody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But at the same time, what
> I find worrying is how family politics often
> increase after marriage, arguments can become more
> frequent, and even divorces rates have been going
> up slowly but surely within Sikhs..
>
> This probably sounds very silly and trivial, I
> should probably stop over thinking things..
>
>

> there are any Gurmat related reasons..I'm sure
> someone else knows more than me..

The house where there is Bani and Naam being recited will be full of peacee
and not be effected by arguments, family poliitcs, etc. Guru Sahib says the house
which forgets God is like a house of ghost.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login