ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why Bhai Randhir Singh was a hero?

Posted by Sahib kaur 
I'm doing a hero project on Bhai Randhir Singh and I have looked at loads of sites but I dont get the main reason why he was a hero. I respect him and every thing but I need to know the basics.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Courageous, Skilled, Sacrificial, Destined, Wounded are five characters related with heroism. (Google search). I think, we can easily see these characters in life of Bhai Sahib Ji.
WJKKWJKF
If the project is meant for Sikh audience, the sikh definition of heroism be applied. Probably 'soora' would be synonymous with hero. Ja kao har rang lago is jug meh. Have read few things about Bhai Sahib ji. His 24 hours bhagat bandan, rehat adolta, saaf hirda, paaras kala flashes across the mind as soon as being reminded of him. He was rang ratta, thus he went on to live a life of a legend. Gurbani reflects in his life and all other soore who's life one knows about. Thus gurbani's kala becomes sort of partakh if one may say so. Just as Bhai Gurdas ji's vaaran are being staged. Without these heroes one keeps misinterpreting Gurbani or at least conveniently interprets. Thus a hero, anyone jin gur seyo joreya.

If project is for people other than sikh, one can see the other way round. He lived a glorious life because he was rang ratta. Whatever you speak of- living miraculously without food or water, changing people's life by a single glance etc. etc. is because of Maharaj. People can then see how a truly glorious life is lived. Maharaj di mauj hai.
Re: Why Bhai Randhir Singh was a hero?
November 02, 2012 11:33PM
Read ebook, Autobiography of Bhai Randhir Singh, on www.bsrstrust.org
Sahib kaur
and I have looked at loads of sites

Bibi Jee instead of looking at loads of sites, you should have been reading the books written by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee. Only then you will come to know why he was hero !

Following books written by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh may be useful for your project.

1. Jail Chittiaan
This is the most popular and most widely read book of Bhai Sahib. This book contains a detailed account of Bhai Sahib’s life from the time Bhai Sahib got interested in Gurmat all the way up to 1930 when Bhai Sahib got released from jail. The first 100 pages or so are about how Bhai Sahib got into Sikhi and how he had Darshan of Vaheguru (Vision of God). Bhai Sahib had to endure extreme hardships in jail to keep Gurmat Rehit including Sarbloh Bibek. It includes how Bhai Sahib during the terrible times of early 1900s kept Sarbloh Bibek rehit in British jails.

2. Autobiogrphy of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh – A translation of Bhai Sahib’s most read and inspirational book “Jail Chittian” by Dr. Trilochan Singh, which starts with an introductory thesis of his life.

3. Rangle Sajjan - This books contains the life sketches of companions of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee and great Gurmukhs. It preserves some golden principles of Gurmat and inspires one to become a better Gursikh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Heroic traits.

Courageous:

From his autobiography, we can quote, how he proved to be a courageous man/sikh. He worked for Gurdawara Bangla Sahib boudary case, Gaddar Movement. Left his job for truthful behaviour Was rigid to rehat and ready to face death for its compliance.

Skilled:

He was educated, unlike many sikh saints. He was a writer of excellence. Wrote skilfully on topics never touched so far. He was a KIRTANIA, who could sing for hours.

Sacrificial:

He lived for community, Sangat and society. He sacrificed all what he has for the mission His property, job, health, life, family life all were sacrificed joyfully.

Destined:

He researched and decided to live for his spiritual mission, in the prime of youth. Nothing could disturb his commitment in life. He faced hardships, with smile, till death; but nothing could be a hurdle in his mission.

Wounded:

He felt the pain of separation from GURU and was wounded at heart, when quite young. He kept this pain of separation with him, always thoughout life. So, he was wounded all the time.

New ideas/traits could be added and explained with examples in detail as desired.
Re: Why Bhai Randhir Singh was a hero?
November 03, 2012 06:40AM
Finally he is the most heroic Sikh lion, and real freedom fighter...as our King Guru Sahib Jio!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login