ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our Purpose

Posted by guptbabbar84 
Our Purpose
November 03, 2012 06:35PM
Vjkk Vjkf

This past week, I was at school and engaged one of my friends in a conversation regarding the purpose of his life, he too was a punjabi born and his knowledge of sikhi extended to knowing the name of our Pehlaa Patshaah, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee and dasme Patshah, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee, but that's about it.

I asked him, "what is the point of your life? why do you wake up in the morning, and do what you do everyday and what is your purpose for coming to this kaljyugee world?". He thought about it for a few minutes, and then replied that he reason for life were subjective to his point in his life, meaning that while he was a child all he wanted was to play games and such, when he got into high school his focus shifted more so towards his studies and what he wanted to do with his future (we are in grade 11). He told me that he wants to study, and get a very good job and get a house that's slightly bigger than average, and have 3 cars and other such stuff. i asked him, what about after that? He looked at me with a confused expression and said "retire?". I then asked him, what about after your death? when you are standing in front of the Dharam Raj and are accounting for your karams, what are your plans for that? With what face are you going to go to his court, when he finally gave you this rare chance to redeem yourself, and you wasted your whole life chasing maya? How will you live down the fact that you had this one rare opportunity to finally get mukhtee, but you wasted your life away? How will you feel when you are again put through the cycle of life and death?

Most gursikhs are in this world and are losing sight of what's important, japping naam and reading gurbani, doing keertan, becoming akhand paatee's and getting darshan of guru sahib. We have been given this one rare chance, to make amends and get the kushiya of guru sahibs, countless janams we have been going from joonee to jonee. It is so sad to see some people who are out there laughing and having fun engaging in maya, i wonder incredulously, "don't these people know they are wasting away their chance to finally be free of this wretched world??!??!". What surprises me even more are the people who say "When I retire i will be amritdhari", how do you know you are even gonna make it to retirement ?!??! How can you live down the fact that even if you do make it to retirement and take amrit... you wasted SO MUCH of your life engaging in maya, instead you could have been having the REAL fun, doing ran subayee keertans, akhand paats, and naam abhiyaas.

We don't need massive amounts of money to live in this world, in fact, it is the height of idiocy to work your whole life for something that is all false;

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੧ ॥
ਕੂੜੁਰਾਜਾਕੂੜੁਪਰਜਾਕੂੜੁਸਭੁਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
ਕੂੜੁਮੰਡਪਕੂੜੁਮਾੜੀਕੂੜੁਬੈਸਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
ਕੂੜੁਸੁਇਨਾਕੂੜੁਰੁਪਾਕੂੜੁਪੈਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
ਕੂੜੁਕਾਇਆਕੂੜੁਕਪੜੁਕੂੜੁਰੂਪੁਅਪਾਰੁ ॥
ਕੂੜੁਮੀਆਕੂੜੁਬੀਬੀਖਪਿਹੋਏਖਾਰੁ ॥
ਕੂੜਿਕੂੜੈਨੇਹੁਲਗਾਵਿਸਰਿਆਕਰਤਾਰੁ ॥
ਕਿਸੁਨਾਲਿਕੀਚੈਦੋਸਤੀਸਭੁਜਗੁਚਲਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
ਕੂੜੁਮਿਠਾਕੂੜੁਮਾਖਿਉਕੂੜੁਡੋਬੇਪੂਰੁ ॥
ਨਾਨਕੁਵਖਾਣੈਬੇਨਤੀਤੁਧੁਬਾਝੁਕੂੜੋਕੂੜੁ ॥੧॥

Money, cars, big house, these are all false. That doesn't mean we should give up everything and become beggars on the street, we should strive to work for what we NEED, not what we WANT. and devote as much time as possible to sikhi. Every second a true gursikh will think, what can i possibly do for guru sahibs darshan. Instead of wasting your time doing big degree's and such, you should devote those years to perfecting your skills as a paatee, so you can do akhand paat rauls, learn gurbani grammer, memorize bani, learn gutka.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Our Purpose
November 03, 2012 06:49PM
Excellent thoughts on purpose of life. The purpose of life is to meet our Maker - Vaheguru. This can be done by meeting Satguru. Satguru jee is met when we take Khanda Pahul from Guru-Roop Punj Pyare. We offer our head and we get Naam and Gurmat way of life in return. Then by chanting Naam and following Gurmat Rehit Maryada, we can meet Vaheguru.

Guru Sahib Kirpa karan.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login