ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurbani Vyakaran - Jathedar Vedanti

Posted by Gupt1 
There is an excellent article written by Jathedar Vedanti in regards to the importance of laga matra and Vyakaran. The article is available from the SGPC website:

[sgpc.net]

Download the latest version of booklet: 2012 - July.

Jathedar Joginder Singh ji has provided good examples from Samprdayak literature that highlights the importance of Vyakaran. One good example Joginder Singh ji provides is from a teeka (sri Jaitsri Ki Var) of Giani Hazara Singh ji who learnt vidya from Giani Chanda Singh ji and also taught bhai Vir Singh ji.

Giani Hazara Singh ji states that Vyakaran does not allow one to wrong arths of Gurbani and that the Vyakaran of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is unique.

It would be very interesting to read this teeka by Giani Hazara Singh ji. Has anyone read or have a copy of this teeka by Giani Hazara Singh ji? Also did bhai Vir Singh ji learn the importance of laga matra from Giani Hazara Singh ji?

Has Jathedar Joginder Singh ji written a book on Vyakaran? I believe they were close to bhai Joginder Singh ji Talwara.

Onkar Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Gupt1 Jio,

Thanks for that finding. This July 2012 edition of Gurmat Parkash needs to kept for record not only for this article but also there is an article on Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee in it by editor Simarjit Singh. I haven’t gone through Vedanti Jee’s article thoroughly but his stand on Gurbani Grammar is very clear that he strongly believes in it. Few years ago I have read a criticism against Vedenti Jee in a news paper for his stance. I think the writer was of a smapardiak background and called Vedanti Jee's Gurbani pronunciation in a mean language that "ਓਹ ਤਾਂ ਬਿੰਦਿਆ ਦਾ ਟੋਕਰਾ ਹੀ ਚੱਕੀ ਫਿਰਦਾ ਹੈ।"

Anyway it is good to see the awareness about Gurbani Grammar is being highlighted by Panthic figures and one day whole Panth will be doing Shudh ucharan of Gurbani according to its uniqueness of Grammar.

Regards,
Jasjit Singh
This website has many good articles on Grammer. I think that this great article by Vedandi ji should also be collected and put into this website's literature section. That way this site can become a reservoir of articles on the importance of grammar.
That's an amazing article by Jathedar Vedanti jee, on the importance and vitality of Gurbani Viyakaran. He has diligently quoted scholars from old times to current times. He has even quoted Sant Gurbachan Singh jee Bhindranwale on this subject. Sant jee has said in Katha about the difference between ਕਰ ਅਤੇ ਕਰਿ.

Ones who say that Gurbani is beyond Viyakaran, make a purely emotional statement without any backup. Vedanti jee has provided numerous examples of Gurbani Viyakaran which leave no doubt about the existence of Gurbani Viyakaran. Everything that Vaheguru does is perfect and under divine rules made by Vaheguru. Similarly, Dhur kee Baani too is constraint by not some worldly grammar rules but by the unique and divine grammatical rules.

Kulbir Singh
The role of grammatical indications along with various words is very crucial for directing the meanings to
the particular word.
The method of application of grammatical indications is very unique and if someone gets into the correct
understanding of these indications there is no possibility of any confusion in getting the correct interpretation
of gurbanee messages.

It is really good to see the awareness about grammar of Gurbanee and I am sure with time we may be
listening to the meanings of Gurbanee messages as per grammatical indications.

This approach is must for getting a unified and largely accepted interpretation of Gurbanee and we can do awaty
with unwanted and unreal meanings of Gurbanee messages.

WAHiGuROO will certainly get it done from gursikhs it desires to do so.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.S.Bagga
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login