ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PDL

Posted by Gupt1 
PDL
June 29, 2012 07:09AM
I have been in contact with PDL - [www.panjabdigilib.org] in regards to the next update. They have assured me the site will be updated, the process is taking a very long time due to funds. I suggested that they contact SGPC because they are doing seva for the panth by digitising Sikh manuscipts.
They replied saying that it would be good idea for people to write to SGPC to request funds for PDL.

I have also asked them questions in regards to digitisation of Guru Granth Sahib ji. They have digitised around 700 copies. Also they have at least 1 copy that does not contain Ragmala. They have tried to digitise the Kartarpuri bir many times but have not received permission.

Would it be good to digitise Kartarpuri bir or not? Since there are doubts on its authenticity it could create more confusion. What is Sangat's opinion on this.

Onkar Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: PDL
June 29, 2012 10:36AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Whatever the authenticity issues may be, it is definitely a very prominent scripture in Sikh history and should be digitized ASAP. Our history disappears daily, so the more digital versions, the better. Tomorrow it may not be in existence...as is the Will of Akaal Purakh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login