ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parchar with gurmat vidhi

Posted by gurus babiha 
Parchar with gurmat vidhi
February 08, 2012 02:26PM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
These days our panth has many different parchar karan wale Jathe, they do parchar by showing kids videos and movies, it catches the interest of many people but very few learn a lesson and apply it to their life and according to daas i think parchaar should be under Guruji i mean that instead of wasting our time making movies we should advance in our gursikhi jiwan and make an effort to attain high avastha but there are more and more people making their own groups thinking that they can again bring chardi kala in panth. Parchar should be done in the way it was done in bhai sahib Randhir singh jis time kirtan itself would change the destiny of individuals from Manmukhs to Gurmukhs under the will of satguru. These days people dont keep faith in gurbani but do their own parchar sometimes leading to haumai. Sangat jeo can you share your own point of view as well i can be wrong too.
Bhula chuka di muafi bhakhsho
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Parchar with gurmat vidhi
February 08, 2012 06:51PM
I think most people on this forum will agree with you gurus babiha jee. Those without gurmat are not able to grasp what you are saying, or simply don't want to. While I actually enjoyed the children's movies you are talking about, truly what had the greatest impact on me before taking amrit was seeing the example of Gursikhs living by Guru Sahib's hukam, and keertan. No matter how much effort is made into creating any sort of film, there is simply no way that it can ever have the same kind of instant impact on a person as a chardeekala keertan carried out by Guru Sahib's beloved gurmukh bibeki jan, for this is where Guru Sahib's kirpa is showered down in torrents. It's here where a person has a chance of being struck by an arrow of divine love, and become captivated for eternity!
February 09, 2012 09:59AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I don't think labeling the creation of Sikhi based movies for children can be labeled as a waste of time, as it is a mode of Sikhi parchar that children can understand and relate to. This is akin to saying that the Puratan idea of Gursikhs telling sakhian of Sikh history to Sikh children to strengthen their faith in Sikhi was a waste because they should have spent their time doing Simran/Paath/Keertan and achieving higher spiritual avastha. It is a modernization of parchar, a weapon to combat the myriads of manmat that is prevalent on TV and the internet. Rather than idolizing Barbie and Ken, the Sikh children idolize Bibi Sundri and Baba Banda Singh Bahadur. Even adult Sikhs, Gursikhs, watching these movies are moved to tears because the re-ignite the Kurbani that the Sikh forefathers(and mothers) gave for the Panth and gives them pause to self-evaluate.

I am not sure who you are particularly referring to, but I will give the example of Bhai Sukhwinder Singh of Vismaad. If you ever get a chance to speak to him, he can tell you of all the trials and tribulations, up to an including almost being forced to be pesh at the Akaal Takht Sahib for his movies and taking out loans to make the Vismaad movies, that he faced to produce those movies. When asked why he did this, he gave examples of children who adopted Sikhi saroop (one local female Sikh child who started to tie a dastaar after seeing Bibi Sundri), memorized the Shabads from the movies (Youtube video on child who had memorized Shabads from Bhai Taru Singh Movie) and many others as his inspiration. I doubt that Guru Sahib would shun his seva and others like him because they were not doing Keertan (Bhai Sukhwinder Singh does do Keertan) and only a Sikh with strong Sikh principles and Gursikhi spirit would even attempt to make these attempts. So I think it is a great dis-service to label the creation of such movies as a "waste of time..." (but again, I apologize if this is not the target of your comments).

At some point, we as a community have to stop being so negative at others and accept that their contribution is still a contribution to the Panth, even if it is different from what we see as the "best" or highest contribution. Someone is making movies, someone is doing Keertan, someone is running a Sikhi civil rights organization, someone is doing Langar seva. Guru sees all and knows all, and also knows who is a pakhandi, who is genuine. Like a parent, he sees his children trying. What parent here would not be proud of a child who tries? He would encourage, bless and love those children who are trying to do something in whatever way they can. Also, as every Sikh is unique, each was brought into Sikhi by different means. Some through Keertan, some through Paath, some through Katha, some through Gatka, some even through these movies. In the end, it is all Guru Sahib's work.
February 09, 2012 10:58AM
It is very encouraging to hear that Bhai Sukhwinder Singh's films inspired children to adopt Sikhi saroop and memorize bani. Definitely, the amount of work and dedication that Bhai Sahib put into creating these films is very humbling. I think that what Gurus Babiha is trying to get at is that it is essential not to lose focus on what the highest priority of a gursikh should be: bhagti. The practices of japping naam, doing paath, doing keertan, etc., are the highest actions there are, and are guaranteed to leave a powerful impact on others.
February 09, 2012 11:39AM
ms514 - great comments and response 100% spot on -

biggest thing in sikhe is the negativity upon each other and NOT seeing in a positive light even if particular seva is minisucle - by chardee kala Gursikhs should absorb with love and praise and help the individual if possible.

There is more that needs to be done and always will be espeically in this arena, for example - visulazation is the first thing we ever do without even realizing., eg. babies who crawl first see adults walking around them - and visulation of them by the baby makes the baby get up and take his/her first step.
Imagination / visualisations are the most powerful tools we have at present and need to be exploited fully.

There is some seva done by sikhs on youtube where a shabad is being sung and visually movies are made of the message the shabad is portraying - absolutely beautiful - i will post soon as i find it. More of this work needs to be done to take understanding of the deep messages from SGSS.

you only need to visit [www.sikhtoons.com] to find out the current true situation of our kaum at present.another great effort
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login