this blew my mind off!!!!!

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
this blew my mind off!!!!!
February 13, 2010 02:48PM
the video is here: [www.youtube.com]

the shabad is here: [www.sikhitothemax.com]

the pankti is this one:

ਦੇਇ ਕਿਵਾੜ ਅਨਿਕ ਪੜਦੇ ਮਹਿ ਪਰ ਦਾਰਾ ਸੰਗਿ ਫਾਕੈ ॥

Watch the video, read the shabad, and u will be blown away!!!

I am not saying anything more. Brainless creatures like me can never understand agaadh bodh Bani of Maharaj.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: this blew my mind off!!!!!
February 13, 2010 05:10PM
Sanskrit is a very ancient language and its words have been exported to many Indian as well as foreign languages. I learned Sanskrit for sometime and my teacher told me that one of his Eastern European student had found that roots of hundreds of words of his language could be traced back to Sanskrit.

Once a foreign words enters a language, many times it changes form and even meaning in the new language. It seems like this word ਫਾਕੈ and the English word F*** share a common root. The Sanskrit word for this is फ्क्क which means to do bad action - ਬੁਰਾ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਨਾ. In the pankiti above, this word has been used as a verb but in Sanskrit this word फ्क्क is also used as an adjective.

In English, this word F*** was first time used around 1495 to 1500. It is quite possible that this word came from Sanskrit and over the years changed its meaning and became an obscenity in English.

It was ridiculous for Jeeonwala to state that some Dasam Granth words like ਨੀਅਰ were taken from English. It is probably the other way around i.e. many European languages in the past have borrowed words from Indian, Arabic and Persian languages. Yes now, many words like train, computer, judge etc have been adopted in Punjabi from English.

Kulbir Singh
February 14, 2010 08:53AM
This "English words" arguement of Jeowala is a common arguement that Kala Afghanists make about Dasam Granth. It is good that the Singhs cleared up this misconception. But I think the worst and funniest arguement by Jeowala was his attempt to show how Jaap Sahib is from some puraan LOL Using that arguement, the likes of him will also start creating doubts about Gurbani from SGGSJ.
February 14, 2010 09:06PM
GSC733 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This "English words" arguement of Jeowala is a
> common arguement that Kala Afghanists make about
> Dasam Granth. It is good that the Singhs cleared
> up this misconception. But I think the worst and
> funniest arguement by Jeowala was his attempt to
> show how Jaap Sahib is from some puraan LOL Using
> that arguement, the likes of him will also start
> creating doubts about Gurbani from SGGSJ.

Hanji you are right. Tomorrow they will say that "Raam" is from Ramayan, so take out the shabads from Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj which talk about "Raam". There is no end to their absurdities.
Reply Quote common argu ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C1318%2C1339%23msg-1339" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login