Advanced

Question of Gurbani Writing

Posted by hsingh95 
Question of Gurbani Writing
August 09, 2011 11:35AM
Vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa !!
Vaaheguroo jee kee fatehhh !!!

Daas has few questions on writing gurbani:
1. What is more beneficial (spiritually): lareevar writing or pad-chedd writing?
2. What should one do if an error has been made on an "akhar", word? Is it okay to cross it out, what should one do?
3. What is more beneficial (spiritually): writing on the gurbani on computer or hand writing?
4. When writing lareevaar, what things should be kept in mind? as in format, etc...

I am new to gurbani writing, but [[url=http://www.gurmatbibek.com/contents.php?id=52]link[/url]] has inspired me to take an initiative. However, I really don't have any resources, except the internet, which itself is very vague on gurbani writing. If possible, please do give some additional tips.

Bhul chuk maaf

Vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa !!
Vaaheguroo jee kee fatehhh !!!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Good to hear a Gursikh showing interest in writing Gurbani.

1. What is more beneficial (spiritually): lareevar writing or pad-chedd writing?

Laridaar of course.

2. What should one do if an error has been made on an "akhar", word? Is it okay to cross it out, what should one do?

In olden days, they used to apply material called hadtaal in case of an error. Many times, if a word was ommitted, they used to write that word outside the haashiya.

3. What is more beneficial (spiritually): writing on the gurbani on computer or hand writing?

Writing Gurbani of course.

4. When writing lareevaar, what things should be kept in mind? as in format, etc...

First of all the Pankiti that is to be written should be repeated a few times in Surthi. Then look carefully at each word to see the spelllings. Then start writing the Pankiti and make sure that the spellings are correct. It has been seen that while writing one Pankiti, that Pankiti is repeated many times in Surthi. Also, while writing Swaas Swaas Naam should be chanted/recited.

Kulbir Singh
Please share pictures of your writing when possible.

Jatinderpal Singh
Re: Question of Gurbani Writing
August 11, 2011 03:36PM
Thank you for the information. For now, I'm just attempting to write a few shabads to improve my speed and handwriting. Hopefully, Guru Sahib jee will do kirpa and I can make progress.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login