ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Learning paath in lareevaar

Posted by mahamoorkh 
Learning paath in lareevaar
February 07, 2011 04:59PM
Daas with guru sahibs kirpaa has been doing pad ched paath for some time now. Now I want to learn how to do paath in larevaar, is there any tips you can give me?? I have larevaar senchey, and I want to start straight away. As you are all gurmukhs, daas has come to ur charan for help.

Thank you, love you all!!!!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Learning paath in lareevaar
February 07, 2011 07:08PM
Try reading from the larivaar poothi. If you need help with words, consult the pad-ched poothi.
That's how most people do santhiya.

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
February 07, 2011 07:54PM
I just started with a simple hukamnama everyday from www.panthkhalsa.org. And then I started doing my nitnem from larivaar... then I stopped reading from pad ched altogether.

You can also practice with shabads from the shabad search on www.akj.org.

Starting straight away is a very good idea smiling smiley
February 07, 2011 09:26PM
wow the akj.org shabad search is really really helpful, i reccomend everyone to use it.

Other than that, just keep at it, start doing your nitnem is larreevar and soon move foreward to do a couple of angs a day from a pothi and with a little practice you should be good to go
February 08, 2011 07:51AM
"WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE"KHALSA JIO dass discused with puratan GURSIKHS in india.That can we placed padcheed sainchi when we doing path on LARRIWAR MAHARAJ SARUUP.They asked me no,firstly ardass i n front of waheguru that they make kirpa on us to read shudh path.And then read every GURU SAHIB JI'S ANNG nine or ten times.Then WAHEGURU JI bless you to read shudh path. salok ma 5 ||
sun sajan preetham maeriaa mai sathigur dhaehu dhikhaal ||
ho this dhaevaa man aapanaa nith hiradhai rakhaa samaal ||
eikas sathigur baaharaa dhhrig jeevan sa(n)saar ||
jan naanak sathigur thinaa milaaeioun jin sadh hee varathai naal ||1||

Salok, Fifth Mehla:
Listen, O my beloved friend: please show me the True Guru.
I dedicate my mind to Him; I keep Him continually enshrined within my heart.
Without the One and Only True Guru, life in this world is cursed.
O servant Nanak, they alone meet the True Guru, with whom He constantly abides. ||1||

bhul chuk muaf ji dasin dass
February 08, 2011 05:50PM
Reading hukamnama every day in larridaar format really helps to gain speed. [hukam.waheguroo.com] has the daily hukamnama in larridaar format and has a very handy larridaar helper.
February 09, 2011 07:37AM
Vaaheguroo jeeo...

Daas started off with taking Hukamnaamas from Guroosaab's Saroop which really helped a lot... and after that Daas started a Sehej Paath Saab with His Kirpa... slowly gaining speed and fluency in reading Gurbaanee...

I guess its high time we consider Guroosaab our partakh teacher and do ardaas that with His kirpa He teaches us how to read Lareedaar... Have Bharosa.. and just give it a go... you wont need any other person to teach you how to learn from the REAL TEACHER.. =)
February 09, 2011 08:10AM
Sant Gurbachan Singh had an excellent way of mkaing larivaar akhand paathis. He would teach the student santhiya of 2 angs and have them repeat those two angs 20 or 25 times. We could also learn that way ourselves, the only problem is we wouldn't know where to put the all the bindis and pauses. If only a document existed of guru granth sahib with all bindhis and bishraams shown.

jidha vi hai
February 09, 2011 08:13AM
There many taksali recordings out there but does anyone have links to recordings of guru granth sahib where shud paath with correct bishraams and bindis are used?
This way one could learn by themself. Rare are santhiya teachers who have full knowledge of gurbani viakran, bindis and bishraams.
Please focus on what

Daasandaas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I guess its high time we consider Guroosaab our
> partakh teacher and do ardaas that with His kirpa
> He teaches us how to read Lareedaar... Have
> Bharosa.. and just give it a go... you wont need
> any other person to teach you how to learn from
> the REAL TEACHER.. =)
February 09, 2011 09:41AM
Of course we need someone to help, to teach; but our basic consideration of Guru vs Sikh should work also. Why we need outsiders? Why not it is direct teaching from Guiru? Why we give so much importance to "Outside help for Bindian and Vishram"? More we read more we learn, I think. If we try to understand Gurbani; pauses and nasal sounds are supposed to be spontaneous.

At least, for pauses, I am never dependant on outside guidance, in general. This is your personal feeling which guides you where to pause. When we learn conversation with people, we never learn pauses. Pauses are related with your style and grasp of the topic. Similarly, more we read Gurbani, more we understand it and more likely we are to be correct. If we are just reading it, pauses are likely to be wrong. Deeper we feel Gurbani, more correct is our Path of Gurbani. If we understand the meaning of Gurbani Pankiti; PAUSES will automatically be correct.

Having said that, I do agree, the beginner needs help at many steps.
No one is perfect but based on what is available out there, the Sehaj Paath by Late Giani Harbhajan Singh is good with Bishraams and nasal sounds. It can be found at the link below:

[www.ikatha.com]

Kulbir Singh
February 09, 2011 01:09PM
Bhai Kulbir Singh ji, we are still eagerly waiting for the Nitnem Path audio files that were promised to us. Please bring this to us soon! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login