ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do we get the greatest paap

Posted by Gulab singh 
I am curious to know what is a greater paap to not come in sikhi or to come in sikhi and then leave?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I think The greater paap through these two ways is to get patit(someone who is in sikhi then leaves it is patit) because we are cheating guru sahib.
Once we take amrit we cant leave sikhi or else it is a maha paap.

daas,

khalsaji.
This is an interesting question Bhai Gulab Singh Jee. To get an answer please read this post from Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee carefully: [gurmatbibek.com]

In conclusion, someone who takes Amrit and then becomes patit (leaves Sikhi) is better off (in terms of future lives) than someone who never took Amrit and came into Sikhi in the first place at all. However, both have committed great sins and are in terrible situation, but it seems the one who has left Sikhi has committed the bigger sin and will therefore get bigger punishment because he once had the Guru.
I am always unable to understand the theory of sins and punishments. Those who do not happen to fall on the path of Guru Nanak are misfortunate and those who were on the path, but could not stay on it are still more misfortunate. Where is the sin in it?
Re: how do we get the greatest paap
January 02, 2011 09:37PM
if someone doesn't even know about sikhi, how can it be a sin for them not to find it? we only come to this path through vadbagh, and through the result of our karam. how can following the path waheguru has laid for you be a sin?

ਪਉੜੀ ॥
Pauree:

ਧੁਰਿ ਕਰਮੁ ਜਿਨਾ ਕਉ ਤੁਧੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤਾ ਤਿਨੀ ਖਸਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥
Only those whose karma You have pre-ordained from the very beginning, O Lord, meditate on You.

ਏਨਾ ਜੰਤਾ ਕੈ ਵਸਿ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਤੁਧੁ ਵੇਕੀ ਜਗਤੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
Nothing is in the power of these beings; You created the various worlds.

ਇਕਨਾ ਨੋ ਤੂੰ ਮੇਲਿ ਲੈਹਿ ਇਕਿ ਆਪਹੁ ਤੁਧੁ ਖੁਆਇਆ ॥
Some, You unite with Yourself, and some, You lead astray.

ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਤੇ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜਿਥੈ ਤੁਧੁ ਆਪੁ ਬੁਝਾਇਆ ॥
By Guru's Grace You are known; through Him, You reveal Yourself.

ਸਹਜੇ ਹੀ ਸਚਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥੧੧॥
We are easily absorbed in You. ||11||
Jaskirat singh jee very good point it clearly answers the question.

daas,
khalsaji.
I find this a rather interesting question; asking about the negative, rather than the positive. I believe that focusing life on the positive side is better. Why worry about the negative, and how negative it can get? As I've mentioned before on a similar post, I don't understand how knowing this can help one's life. I think that you should just live as if every negative thought, action was the greatest paap. Perhaps that will lead one in the positive direction.

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login