ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Most costly land deal ever made

Posted by MB Singh 
Most costly land deal ever made
December 26, 2010 06:57PM
One Veer Ji told me that the place where Baba Jorawar Singh Ji and Baba Fateh Singh Ji were cremated, is most costly purchased land on earth. Gold coins, in standing position were placed there to pay its price. I am not sure about the reference about position of the coins, otherwise reference about gold coins is there on record. So, even if these are in flat position, based on the thickness of the coin (minimum thickness of 2 mm, I assume confused smiley) we can say that it was virtually 2 mm gold sheet. What is the price of Gold with that thickness per square meter? That was the price of land, Bhai Sahib Bhai Todar Mall Ji paid for the land?

[www.thesikhencyclopedia.com]

GURDWARA SAHIB JOTI SARUP, about 1.5 km southeast of Gurdwara Fatehgarh Sahib indicates the site where the mortal remains of the mother and two younger sons of Guru Gobind Singh were cremated. After the deaths of Zorawar Singh and Fateh Singh and of Mata Gujari, Scth Todar Mall, a wealthy and influential citi/en of Sirhind, made arrangements to perform the last riles. But no one would give him a patch of land in the locality to be used as cremation ground until one ChaudhariAtta agreed to sell him a plot. His stipulation was that Todar Mall could take only as much space as he could cover with gold mohars. The Seth produced the coins and bought the piece of land he needed. He cremated the three corpses and a Sikh, Jodh Singh living in Altevali village, buried the ashes.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

So that was Gold all over.
In an article published in local news paper, it is written that, "It is estimated that at least 7,800 gold coins were required".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login