ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sarb loh qustion ???

Posted by Mann Chaao 
Sarb loh qustion ???
November 27, 2010 09:21AM
If one is considering keeping sarab loh rehat but their partner is only prepared to commit to just keeping basic food bibek of not eating out, cooking in steel and eating some food prepared in factories like bread, tinned food, etc. Would it be ok to keep sarab loh rehat by myself, which would mean not eating food prepared by my singhni. It doesn't sit right with me to eat food prepared by her if she is not keeping same dietry bibek as me but is it infringement of the rehat if occasionally she did cook for me.

Thank you brothers and sisters.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sarb loh qustion ???
November 27, 2010 02:15PM
you are going to hurt her if you refuse to eat food cooked by your wife, this is sad.
Re: Sarb loh qustion ???
November 27, 2010 06:59PM
Since you are married, you should try to walk on the Gursikh path together. Amrit is given to both husband and wife and not to one life-partner. If one partner keeps rehit but the other one does not, then they both are not considered tyaar-bar-tyaar for doing seva in Guru-ghar. Both husband and wife should be tyaar bar tyaar.

Keep maximum Rehit you can and try to persuade your wife to keep Rehit as well. Do earnest Ardaas before Guru Sahib and if Guru Sahib wills, your demand will be fulfilled. Only when you have exhausted all means to persuade her to keep Rehit, should you take the drastic step of going alone on Sikhi path. This option is very difficult to follow and best thing is to talk and consult with Tyaar bar Tyaar Gursikhs in your area. Whatever you do, do nothing in haste.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login