ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Protein Shakes & Gurmat

Posted by Chore 
Protein Shakes & Gurmat
November 12, 2010 05:00PM
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ || ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ ||

During weight training, protein shakes are often used. I have heard many beneficial reasons given for taking these. A common one being muscles repair quicker for more training.

Rather than protein shake users sharing benefits of using these items for training, would much rather prefer information solely on Gurmat perspective on the practise.

Can we have a discussion on this? I don't weight train myself, but know many Singhs who do. In my mind, the feeling is that the use conflicts with Gurmat. But had become surprised to find many Singhs take these supplements. I could be wrong with my thoughts, which is why I'm posting here.

Please share your opinions
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Protein Shakes & Gurmat
November 12, 2010 07:34PM
why do you want to drink protein shakes??? so that you can get big and muscular? no body cares about your muscles, just eat your fruits and veges. what is wrong with you men????!!!!! big muscles are ugly, do simran that time you spend researching about shakes and working out crazy to get big muscles, all of that is going to turn into dust one day anyway.
eye rolling smiley
November 13, 2010 09:57PM
protein shakes aren't bibek. there's no way around that. many of them aren't even vegetarian. however, all of the benefits of these shakes can be had from home-prepared foods. you just have to research and cook. smiling smiley
November 14, 2010 12:48PM
ye 1kaur said it right
all that stuff is harmful
u lose birti
its not bibek first of all to start off with
even the professional dont recommend them
we have our desi bhojan
like chole ,daal and what not
which are way more powerful and nutritious compared to this garbage ie so called 'protein shakes'
November 14, 2010 09:25PM
leafy jeeo

CHORE jee clearly wrote

"i don't weight train myself"

and he also admits

"it my mind, the use of protein shakes conflicts with gurmat"

he was asking on behalf of other people

i request us all to read carefully before we reply to other gursikh's posts and reply accordingly.
November 16, 2010 04:26PM
well when i wrote 'you' i meant it to the people who do consume those shakes. it does not apply to those who don't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login