ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to say to someone who isn't...

Posted by Leafy 
What to say to someone who isn't...
October 11, 2010 12:24AM
What should you say to someone who isn't a practicing sikh, when they say to you things like I know more than you about bani and things like that (when you on the recieving end happen to be a practicing sikh).....

Or would it be better to just not get involved on this topic with them at all?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
better to just stay away
Guru Gobind Singh Maharaaj has said:

Mein Hou Parm Purkh Ko Daasaa
Dekhan Ayeo Jagat Tamashaa

this world is a game.
I can say how I have heard Gurmukhs respond to these type of people, with sweet voice and folded hands something along the lines of:

"Tussi teeko jee, ussi galat hai. Sano taa kush ni aondaa" "You are correct sir, we are wrong. We do not know anything."
Moorkhaey Naal Na Lujhiye...
He kept asking me questions on bani and then kept telling me what he knew. Most of the time he kept saying, 'you don't understand, you don't know'. I thought in my head if you really thought you could learn something from me in your heart as you said, you wouldn't be laughing at me or saying so many times that you don't know, when you said that we are only asking you incase you may know something we don't and we may learn from you.

He said to me, if you understood Jap Ji Sahib, you wouldn't be sitting here in front of me today, you would be in a another world. And then he kept saying to me you should try to understand the bani you read.

Anyways I got so tired and I told him there's no point in this. Because seems like you are testing me and I'm not enjoying this because if you know something, share it with me, don't ask me questions to test me, because I don't know much and I really am the fool here. (Then they thought that I was saying to them that they were calling me a fool, which wasn't the case lol)

So and then I got tired and just said, okay you're right, I'm wrong..But I swear I am not going to get into any discussion about this with them again. What a headache I had thinking about it, that I was so intensely thinking about all this that I was driving with my headlights off on the highway, luckily got pulled over by a really nice cop who saved me from getting into a crash. What a night it was..Dhan Waheguru ji..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login