ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not having Amrit vela ishnaan

Posted by mahamoorkh 
Daas wakes up at Amrit vela, however rarely has ishnaan and starts simran straight away. Is this accepted, what's the affects of not having Amrit vela ishnaan?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Getting up at Amritvela and not doing Gurmat Ishnaan is a violation of Guru Sahib's Hukam that is to get up at Amritvela, and do body Ishnaan and mind Ishnaan through Naam and Gurbani. The idea is to please Guru Sahib and the way to please Guru Sahib is to obey Guru Sahib's Hukam.

Kulbir Singh
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਆਖਿਆ ਕਿ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਕਰਨਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੈ:

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ॥... ਪੰਨਾ 305
ਤਥਾ
ਉਠਿ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰਹੁ ਪਰਭਾਤੇ ਸੋਏ ਹਰਿ ਆਰਾਧੇ ॥... ਪੰਨਾ 1185

ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੁਕਮਾਂ ਦੀ ਪਾਲਣਾ ਕਰਨੀ ਸਿਖ ਦਾ ਧਰਮ ਹੈ। ਬਾਕੀ ਰਹੀ ਗੱਲ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਨਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਸਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵ ਦੀ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅਭਿਆਸੀ ਜਨ ਖੂਬ ਊਬਾਸੀਆ ਮਾਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਕਈ ਵਾਰ ਤਾਂ ਇੰਝ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਨਾਮ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਨਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਉਬਾਸੀਆ ਦਾ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੋਵੇ yawning smiley । ਸੋ ਪਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਸ਼ੇਸ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਜੋ ਆਪ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਦੇ ਹੀ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੱਟ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ਨਹੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਦਾਸ ਵਰਗੇ ਤੇ ਤਾਂ ਅਗਰ ਪੰਜ ਸੱਤ ਬਾਲਟੀਆਂ subzero ਪਾਣੀ ਦੀਆ ਨਾ ਪਾਈਆ ਜਾਣ ਉਦੋਂ ਤਾਈ ਤਾਂ ਸੁਰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਖੁੱਲਦੀ ਇਵੇਂ ਲਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸੁਪਨੰਤਰ ਹੀ ਕਾਰਜ ਚਲ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। cool smiley

Daas wakes up at Amrit vela, however rarely has ishnaan and starts simran straight away.

Did you mean to say you never do ishnaan or you consider it might be wrong to start simran before doing ishnaan ?

Chota veer
Not doing Ishnaan before amritvela not only makes doing Amrit vela twice as hard ( because showering wakes you up)

But you get little to no kamaee for the nitnem you do, you're joota when you wake up, you HAVE TO do sudahee before doing amrit vela nitnem

Bhul chuk maaf

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
Binodh.Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...
> But you get little to no kamaee for the nitnem you
> do, you're joota when you wake up,
> ...

That seems quite harsh for one to say!
Let Waheguru decide how much kamaee an individual earns...it's all HIS will !
jpsingh77 Wrote:

>
> That seems quite harsh for one to say!
> Let Waheguru decide how much kamaee an individual
> earns...it's all HIS will !

Vaheguro=Guru Sahib
His Will=Guru Sahibs Will
Guru Sahibs Will=Guru Sahibs hukam
Guru Sahibs hukam= Cold eshnaan before nitnem
following hukam=more Phal for bani
more phal=more kamaee
It will be nice if Veer Binodh Singh Ji, himself, tells us about his experience of having Amrit Wela with Ishnaan and Amrit Wela without Ishnaan. How Veer Ji feels about it?
jpsingh77
That seems quite harsh for one to say!
Let Waheguru decide how much kamaee an individual earns...it's all HIS will !

I will speak on behalf of Baba Binod Singh ji.
Sikhi is not built on double standards, nor is it supposed to be pick and choose. If we want Darshan and Full Khushiaan of Guroo Sahib, we need obey every to Hukam. And nor do we have the right to stress more on Simran/Naam part of Sikhi, and less on Rehit, and neither are Sikhs dirty. If Guroo Sahib tells us in Baani:

ਮਃ ੪ ॥
ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥
ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ॥
ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥
ਫਿਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥
ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥
ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ॥
ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੰਗੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

Then what right do we have to make false generalizations regarding Sikhi?If Guroo Sahib has instructed us to start japping Naam as soon as we wake up at Amritvela, and keep japping Naam while doing ishnaan as well, then what right do we have to say one Hukam is of less importance, because Guroo Sahib cares more about the Naam part of Sikhi? No, such bold statements only expose one's hypocrisy and ignorance. We can never out smart Guru ji. Of course, the time spent in japping Naam at Amritvela would only count if you have followed every Hukam. Further on, Guroo Sahib says:

ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥

Our ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪs from countless lives can only be erased if follow the above Hukam first:

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ॥

No matter how big of a Gursikh one may appear to be, if they can not stop doing their marzee, Guroo Sahib is not pleased with them.
In Gurbaani, it's clearly written:

ਪਉੜੀ ॥
ਸਾ ਸੇਵਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਸਫਲ ਹੈ ਜਿਤੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਮਨੁ ਮੰਨੇ ॥
Fruitful and rewarding is that service, which is pleasing to the Guru's Mind.
ਜਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਮਨੁ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਤਾ ਪਾਪ ਕਸੰਮਲ ਭੰਨੇ ॥
ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਜਿ ਦਿਤਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸੋ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਸਿਖੀ ਕੰਨੇ ॥
ਜਿਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਚੜੀ ਚਵਗਣਿ ਵੰਨੇ ॥
ਇਹ ਚਾਲ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ ਗੁਰ ਦੀਖਿਆ ਸੁਣਿ ਮਨੁ ਭਿੰਨੇ ॥੨੫॥

If we do not fully and wholeheartedly obey the Hukmas implemented by Guroo Sahib, is the service really fruitful?
A Sikh who truly loves Guru ji, would not be judgemental when it comes to Sikhi.

jpsingh77, you wrote:

"Let Waheguru decide how much kamaee an individual earns...it's all HIS will !"

If it is all His Will, then shouldn't we also stay in His Will? And His Will is totally written in Gurbaani to do Ishnaan at Amritvela, so therefore we can not play around with Vaheguroo. I see what you are saying. Basically what you mean is that, focus more on Bhagti, but when it comes outwardly Rehits, such as doing Ishnaan at Amritvela, or keeping Kakaars with you 24/7, don't worry about it too much. Such a generalization only shows idiocy and ignorance. Vaheguroo will never be pleased with us if we don't obey his Bachan.
I am sorry, I named BinodhSingh Ji, by mistake in the above post. I meant the original poster MM Veer Ji. When he takes the Ishnaan, how much better he feels as compared to no ishnaan.?
Apologies upfront for this post of mine, lest it comes out as argumentative.

Before I say anything let me clear out two things.
First, I totally agree that Amrit vela ishnaan MUST be stressed as it is Guru Sahib's Hukam.
Secondly, perhaps I'm the worst person to comment on anything, as I am a maha-moorakh who has a LONG LONG LONG way to go in improving myself in everyway.

However, it doesn't ring right to me when someone claims that "you get little to no kamaee for the nitnem you do, you're joota when you wake up...".

All these quotes mentioned above, do stress on Amrit vela ishnaan, which I'm totally agreeing upon. However of someone doesn't do that, for whatever reasons (be it health or otherwise also!), then whatever Naam Japp, nitnem he/she does, doesn't earn him any Kahmaee??? Really doesn't make any sense!

Please note that I'm not advocating or encouraging anyone NOT to do Amrit vela Ishnan; however if someone is not doing it initially, atleast he is japping Naam and doing Nitnem at Amrit Wela - isn't it atleast a good start?
Instead of encouraging such a person to gradually start Amrit wela ishnan graudally to get more laha; aren't we possibly discouraging him by saying that whatever Naam Japp/Nitnem you are doing is of no good, because you are not doing Amrit wela Ishnan?

The same argument is being put forward by Bhai Sahib Jaspreet Singh Jeo, when he says "Of course, the time spent in japping Naam at Amritvela would only count if you have followed every Hukam...". Yes, striving for obeying every hukam is very critical; however for those worthless creatures like me who may not be able to do so all the time, should we necessarily put them down by saying your Nitnem would not get you any kamaee? Don't you think the better way to encourage those people are by explaining them that in order to get MORE Laha for your efforts, you should strive to do ....(whatever is required!). This way you'll be encouraging people and guiding them to the right path, rather than possibly disheartening them.

Also, I'm assuming the original poster (and everyone else, for that matter) would have meant to take the ishnaan later :-)
hence there is no question of "...and neither are Sikhs dirty"

By the way, Bhai Sahib Jeo, is using such a language as "...one's hypocrisy and ignorance" & "...Such a generalization only shows idiocy and ignorance" also following the Hukam of Guru Sahib? Doesn't Guru Sahib teach namrata and tolerance towards others? Shouldn't we be leading by example, instead of criticizing and pulling people down? Are we then not picking and choosing Guru Sahib's Hukam, as you are claiming others are doing?

Bhul chuk maaf!
As I said earlier, I'm a maha-paapi myself; hence please do ardass for this tuchh jeev, that Waheguru Ji may bless me with Naam, Amrit Wela pooran bibek and rehit.
Bhai Sahib Jaspreet Singh Jeo,

In continuation to my previous post, please stop assuming things ("..... I see what you are saying. Basically what you mean is ..."), because you do NOT seem to 'see' what I was trying to say. I never meant it that way.
Anyways, that's besides the pooint. I would suggest you please tone down a bit when you address others, otherwise less-avastha people like me (who haven't reached the avastha of self-control yet) may respond in your language!

Thanks for your understand!
-JP

JaspreetSingh Wrote:

>..... I see what
> you are saying. Basically what you mean is that,
> focus more on Bhagti, but when it comes outwardly
> Rehits, such as doing Ishnaan at Amritvela, or
> keeping Kakaars with you 24/7, don't worry about
> it too much. Such a generalization only shows
> idiocy and ignorance. Vaheguroo will never be
> pleased with us if we don't obey his Bachan.
Very famous saying in Punjabi is that it will get only as sweet as much sugar you put in it. Same way, the fruit of Bhagti is in proportion to how much effort is put in i.e. how many Hukams we obey.

Vaheguru is perfect and so is his system. One of the qualities of Vaheguru jee is that he always rewards one's efforts. No spiritual effort, no matter how little, is ever lost, as per the following Gurbani Pankiti:

ਪਤਿਤ ਪਾਵਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਰਦੁ ਸਦਾਏ ਇਕੁ ਤਿਲੁ ਨਹੀ ਭੰਨੈ ਘਾਲੇ ॥
(He is purifier of sinners and never wastes even small amount of service)

So, no matter what, if one does Guru Sahib's Sewa (Naam or Gurbani Paath), one would get rewards in proportion to one's effort. If one wants full reward or full Khushi of Guru Sahib, then surely one would have to obey all Hukams of Guru Sahib including Amritvela and Rehit, along with Naam and Gurbani Paath/Kirtan.

Kulbir Singh
I am in favor of taking Amrit Vela Ishnaan, but its not a wise practice to point out the faults of others if we have many of our own. At least they are making efforts to get up for Amrit Vela. Yes its right to take Ishnaan, but we cant say those who dont understand this Hukum are completely ignorant. Many people neglect Amrit Vela Ishnaan out of innocence. If we inform them in a polite way perhaps they will change.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.