Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Sewa SIngh Ji Tamrala

Posted by maha_paapi 
Bhai Sewa SIngh Ji Tamrala
January 01, 2010 12:42PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Daas has been watching lot of Gurmat Vichar videos by Bhai Sewa Singh Ji Tamrala. Daas thinks most of his Gurmat Vichar is very similar to Jatha with some exceptions.

Daas also understands that lot of sangat in the Sikh panth are against the name of the institution of Bhai sahib " Brahm Gian University" and way Bhai sahib is coming forward and claiming knowledge of "Sach".

Daas wants to know opinion of Sangat here at Gurmat Bibek.

Gurfateh jio!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
There was recently a video put on youtube that showed Tarmala sangat swinging heads right and left, with their dastaars falling to ground and their hair open. All this did not seem like Gurmat. Gurmat teaches sehaj and does not advocate open display of such actions. The private union of husband wife is not discussed outside. Same way the union between the seeker and Vaheguru should not be discussed like this. There are certain protocols on how much to tell and whom to tell. This kind of claims that 'I have attained the truth' are unnecessary. We can't imitate Guru Sahibaan and Bhagat Sahibaan.

I don't know much else about this group. I hope they don't form something separate and distinct from the Panth.

Rest, if they are reciting and chanting Naam, they are praiseworthy but they should stay within the Panth.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Bhai Sewa SIngh Ji Tamrala
January 02, 2010 11:29AM
Veer Ji, I have seen that video too. That presents a very wrong image of the community. He needs to be requested to kindly stop that show.
January 02, 2010 12:48PM
Daas personally think that video /clipping was taken out of the context . Daas can never support those actions shown in the video clipping

I'll encourage sangat to see following video where Bhai Sewa Singh is discussing his institutions motives with group of Sangat asking him questions on various controversies surrounding hi.. This might give Sangat a different prespective.

[www.youtube.com]

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
January 02, 2010 01:14PM
Someone recently gave me a DVD showing newly-initiated Khalsa fauj having darshan-didaare at Sri Harmandir Sahib. Having heard a lot of negative things about Tarmala, I hastily confirmed the footage to be a publicity stunt but seeing so many Singhs and Bibiaa wearing baana was a good sight nonetheless. There were at least 500 newly baptized Singhs and Bibiaa in that video.
August 03, 2010 05:33PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa...................................h
Vaheguru Ji KI Fateh.......................................h.

In order to understand Gurbani (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji), one need to research-what it is about? It gives us (mind),
A way to live a life while in this body(Sareer, kaya..............), where Pavan(air) is guru and the 5 doots(kamm, krodh, lobh, moh, hankar) are the rulers. That is the play we play day time. The other play is sukham (night) when this mind is detached from the Sareer(body) and goes to its own house (Nij Ghar) where SHABAD is the guru. It becomes very interesting when one do simran of "waheguru" gur-manter and enter sukh -mehl. Where, we (Mann, Mind) all came from. Sukham(space, baraham) is our ultimate destination not 84 lakh junes. This is called merging with ONE(Akal Purkh).

If someone desires .........go run and and learn from Bhai Sewa Singh Ji Tarmala. One can only know after spending lots of time with him not listening to others about Bhai Sahib.
Please................. go there, stay there to learn and do practical of gurbani-gian (Ratten). One can live there just like in any Gurdawara Sahib at no charge. Do sewa and simran and get the barahm-gian, follow thoroughly. At least take a month's time. Actually one month is just for introduction and see if teachings are in fact per Gurbani. This is for all human race, does not matter what color, caste, religion, country, one belongs to. Arrangements are there if someone doesn't understand panjabi.

Manas ki jatt subhe eko pehchanbo.
Harmander eh sareer hai, gian ratten pargat hoe.
Jo brahmande soi Pinde, Jo khoje so pae.
Gumukh hova kaya khoje, hore sub bharm(doubt) bholai

Please accept my humble request and try it.
Forgive me for typo or any one I offended.

Thanks for reading it.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa...................................h
Vaheguru Ji KI Fateh.......................................h.

Dass Gurdeep Singh, New York, rgkj529@yahoo.com
August 04, 2010 06:26AM
Dass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
At least take a
> month's time. Actually one month is just for
> introduction
and see if teachings are in fact per
> Gurbani.

That's the one thing that bugged me a little from what i have heard. even if everything is done according to gurmat, setting timeframes for aatmik gallan is not gurmat.
i heard that you can take different courses, which last for a certain time, and within that time you are assured to get to a certain stage, maybe someone else can shed some more lights on that. But if that is correct one bit, then i don't think that can be right, our whole life given by Guru Sahib is a course, you do bhagtee to pass this course, you can't just set a timeframe and say that you will achieve this in this many years, even if they do the max amount of bhagtee, what if Guru Sahib decides otherwise.

The good thing about the movement i think is that a lot of aam sangtaa are getting attached to it, and i would rather see them go to a place like this than go to stupid fake babey who don't even belong to the panth and make you do their own simran. like Bhai Kulbir Singh said as long as they stay with the panth its all good.
August 04, 2010 06:38AM
From Meeting and discussion with Singhs that are Sangatees of Tamrala in Siri Amritsar Sahib

1.They have a Brahm Gyan University Set Up
2.Main Asthaan is Called Prabh Milne Ka Chaao (Ludhiana if i remember)
3.I was given a card and they started preaching to me, in a very gurmat oriented.
4.In the University there is a 4 year Brahm Gyan Course
5.They target youth that wear Gurmukhi Bana in particular
6.Openly showing Ridhee Sidhee happens in there Satsangtee programs.
7.There are few dera outside of India

Most of them seem very nice Gursikhs. But some veechara like becoming BrahmGyanee is 4 years don't seem right.
I will try to remember more
August 04, 2010 12:37PM
It may benefit the members of the forum to see the controversial video so that they can make up their own minds. It can be viewed here.

This type of uncontrollable swaying from side to side with Dastaaran coming of in the presence of Guru Sahib does not seem right. These are just my thoughts and I have not yet heard the videos posted by Maha Papi Ji to hear Tarmala Jis comments. Maha Papi Jio - Do they discuss these actions?
Do they not give Naam jugtee to people without Amrit? Do they not say that one doesn't need to take Amrit from Panj Pyare to learn naam abhiyaas?
August 04, 2010 01:31PM
Having done a quick search it looks like this topic has been discussed here by people who attend a UK Gurdwara in Swindon run by Ajit Singh, who is affiliated with pmkc and by others who have been and describe what they viewed.
Sewa Singh Tarmala is a very dangerous man and will cause a lot of damage to Sikhi one day.

Two decades ago, he used to be police constable under Sr. Simranjit Singh Mann. He did Panthic sewa during that time with the Jajharoo Singhs and was eventually caught and imprisoned. His Naam abhyaas helped him endure the difficult times during police detention, and was eventually imprisoned in Tihar Prison during the same time Jathedar Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji was serving time there.

According to eye witnesses daas spoke to, Bhai Tarmala gained a lot of riddhian-sidhian in prison and soon started to mis-use them in anti-Gurmat activities. He started giving "naam drrirtta" to cut haired prisoners and prison guards, and started making other outlandish claims unfit for a Gursikh.

Jathedar Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji and the other Rahitvaan Singhs soon discovered this troubling behavior of Tarmala and warned him not to indulge in these types of activities, but he ignored their request. For the remainder of his imprisonment, he was boycotted by the Singhs and left to himself, and became a loner until his release.

After being released from prison, it seems like he developed a cult like following that is now cheapening the whole concept of "Dassam Duar" and Naam abhyaas. There are videos of his giving "Naam" to people (patits, cut haired, bay-amritees) like he is passing out parshaad.

Many of his followers who are Amritdharis do not believe Nitnem is important, they state that they only need to Jaap Naam and noting else.
His "Prabh Milany Ka Chao" group claims that Tarmala and his assistants all have "opened" their dasam duaar, and tout that they are now the personification of the DIVINE similar to the concept of "SOHANG".

To learn more about their twisted philosophy, one should watch this five part debate between his group and some missionaries : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAkKW6-3f8

His followers wear the Khalsa Banna just to attract the youth, and claim to make them "brahmgianis" in four years.
They used to chant the gurmantar as such: "Waaa-------haaaaaay-------Goooooooo-------Rooooo" (cutting up the Gurmantar into four distinct words or dhunees) but were chastised by Sri Akal Takht Sahib several years ago during Jathedar Vendati's time. Afterwards they changed the chanting method to the Panth parvanit "Wahe-Guru" in public but still practice chanting their original way privately.

His "Prabh Milany Ka Chao" centers are spreading fast across the West, they recently opened up a center in California and in Swindon, UK.
A lot innocent Sikhs are falling into their trap.

His style of Sikhi is a very troubling trend. GurSikhs need to be vigilant of this group's activities.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.