ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sakhi on compassion : Urgently required

Posted by akaal74 
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Can sangat suggest 2-3 sakhis which are very much relevant to the theme of Compassion please? Daas needs these for Friday to be narrated to children at an interfaith event.

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Akaal74 jeeo, please find below a link on exactly what you are looking for:

[gurmatbibek.com]

Kulbir Singh

Veerjio

Bohat bohat dhanvaad.

Can you also recommend any sakhi's from Guru sahib's jeevan. It will be easier to communicate with the children as they are briefly aware of Guru sahibaan and they will easily connect with sakhi's related to Guru ji's jeevan.

Akaal74 jee, I hope the below is helpful:

Baba Tiag Mal Jee & The Poor Child

When Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib Jee was a young boy, before becoming Guru, they were known as Baba Tiag Mal Jee (Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee gave them the new name of Teg Bahadur for their valiance on the battlefield). Baba Tiag Mal Jee was just a few years old when their eldest brother Baba Gurditta Jee was getting married, and just as we do when attending a marriage, the whole family was getting ready and dressing in their best clothes. Mata Nanaki Jee dressed her son Baba Tiag Mal Jee in a beautiful new chola and other garments. After getting ready the whole family began to walk to where the marriage was going to happen, everyone was in an excitable mood, thinking about how many people were going to be at the wedding, how nice everyone was looking in their new clothes and so on but Baba Tiag Mal Jee even at this very tender age was not interested in the hustle and bustle of the marriage preparations, their mind was not there. Their mind was fixed in recitation of Naam.

The enthusiastic marriage party continued to walk towards to where the ceremony was going to be held, totally absorbed in the pre-marriage excitement. However Baba Tiag Mal Jee was engrossed in Naam, when they noticed a young little boy standing at the side of the road, but there was something strange about the little boy, as they moved closer they noticed that the boy was not wearing any clothes, he was naked. Baba Tiag Mal Jee approached the young boy who was totally naked and asked him “Why are you naked? Why are you not wearing any clothes? Why have your parents not put clothes on you?” The young boy replied “It’s not my parents fault, they are poor, and they don’t have enough money to buy me clothes.” Baba Tiag Mal Jee upon hearing this, immediately took their own brand new beautiful clothes off and gave them to the naked boy, and said “Here, put these clothes on. They will cover you and keep you warm. You’ll look so nice in these clothes.” After giving their clothes to the boy Baba Tiag Mal Jee themselves were now totally naked, they then began to walk back to rejoin the marriage party. As Baba Tiag Mal Jee walked back to rejoin the group, Mata Nanaki Jee saw her son approaching totally naked. Upon seeing her son like this they exclaimed “Son, where are your clothes? Those nice new clothes that I put on you, where did they go?” Baba Tiag Mal Jee replied “Mother, I saw a young boy who was completely naked at the side of the road, he was cold and shivering, he was poor, and I could not bear too see him in so much pain. So I took my own clothes off and gave them to help him.”

The same Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib Jee who could not bear to see one young boy in so much pain, how could they bear to see an entire religious nation in pain? Their whole life was an example of love, compassion, and sacrifice.

------------------

I am not sure of the original source of this Saakhi, but one can hear it here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login