ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sikh lawyer H.S. Phoolka withdraws from all cases pertaining to 1984 anti-Sikh genocide

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
This is a political conspiracy. Just when the noose was tightening around Sajjan Kumar's neck, this happened. We will have to wait and find out the real truth.

[www.thehindu.com]

A senior advocate, appearing for the 1984 anti-Sikh riots victims in different courts, on Tuesday decided to withdraw from all the cases following allegations of “personal benefits” levelled against him.

“I’m constrained to take a hard decision to withdraw from all the cases of 1984 riots in view of a statement made by Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee.

“I have not charged a single penny for the (riot) cases but now even near clerical expenses incurred by the Gurudwara Committee are termed as wastage,” senior counsel H.S. Phoolka said.

“I’m forced to take this drastic step because these allegations immensely disturbed me,” he said.

He informed about his decision in an SMS sent to this journalist late tonight.

Mr. Phoolka has been on the forefront of raising a banner of support for the riot victims during judicial proceedings. He was appearing on behalf of the victims in riots cases filed against senior Congress leaders Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Phoolka is a good man. The DSGMC is as corrupt as SGPC, in some cases even worse. They are on the payroll of the congress government under whose directions they are trying to hush up any voice that advocates justice pertaining to 1984 Sikh genocide.
Hanji, Sardar Phoolka ji has been literally waging a battle to get justice for the victims.

This is the Facebook status of the Sikh journalist Bhai Jarnail Singh:

Khalsa ji, Last night Senior Lawyer H S Phoolka called me on phone to tell his decision to quit from all 1984 cases. He said he is forced to take this decision as DSGMC president Paramjit Singh Sarna levelled an allegation of wasting money on these cases and said it's a futile excercise. Sarna said there is even no need for wasting money on Nanavati Commission. It is shameful to say that it was waste of money.

Sarna and his anti Dasam Granth brigade are crossing their limits. Their anti-Panthic activities were already unbearable. There is a video on Panthic.org where you can see small cigarettes and pieces of chicken lying around a marriage hall which is inside the premises of one of the historic Gurdwaras in Delhi (I am guessing it was Rakab Ganj Gurdwara Sahib...please correct me if I am wrong). The place where Maharaj's saroop was prakash, they put some other stuff over there. That video was immensely disturbing and disgusting to watch.
It is utter shame that individuals who have spent their lives fighting for justice are insulted by those who want nothing but power.

[timesofindia.indiatimes.com]
Its a shame that Sarna publically humiliated Sardar Phoolka and belittled his contributions to fight for the 1984 riot victims but by the same token, I don't think Phoolka should have walked away from the cases at such a crucial time when Sajjan Kumar and others may well be convicted. His contributions are required at this time.

Kulbir Singh
According to CHANAKYA NITI,
DEFAME YOUR ENEMY BY SPREADING LIES

Sarna is just part of a bigger evil system based on Chanakya niti.
The government agents infiltrate all panthic bodies and organizations (including AKJ) and their main motive is to demotivate, defame a panthic sikh.
These same people also called Sardar Gurcharanjit Singh Lamba a RSS agent for exposing the sell-out dusth Darshan Ragi.

According to CHANAKYA NITI,
DEFAME YOUR ENEMY BY SPREADING LIES

Veer Harinder Singh jeeo, could you please provide evidence from Chanakya Niti where it says that defame your enemy by spreading lies. Chanakya Niti was written by a great Nitivaan more than a couple of thousand years ago and is one of the most morally upright Rajneeti Shaster in the world.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > According to CHANAKYA NITI,
> DEFAME YOUR ENEMY BY SPREADING LIES
>
>
> Veer Harinder Singh jeeo, could you please provide
> evidence from Chanakya Niti where it says that
> defame your enemy by spreading lies. Chanakya Niti
> was written by a great Nitivaan more than a couple
> of thousand years ago and is one of the most
> morally upright
Rajneeti Shaster in the world.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Cant believe u wrote that Veer.
U seem to have learnt some wrong stuff

Cant believe u wrote that Veer.
U seem to have learnt some wrong stuff

I too used to think this way until I discovered that Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaaj Himself got a translation of Chanakya Shaster (from Sanskrit) done by one of his prominent poets (out of 52 poets) Sainapat. I have the book at home but can't remember the name yet. Everything is not perfect in this Neeti-Shaster but there are many good concepts in it. I have read it but did not find the passage you wrote - Defame your enemy by spreading lies. This might have been the Neeti of some other evil Brahmins but in the Chanakya Shaster I did not find this quote.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh jee,
is this morally upright ?
Chanakya has written so bad about women and it is because of him that women had to suffer for centuries in India.

[www.merinews.com]
kulbir singh
This might have been the Neeti of some other evil Brahmins but in the Chanakya Shaster I did not find this quote.

U might not have found a direct quote but chanakya advocated the use of DECEIT( make people believe something that is not true)
against the enemy.
Indian agency RAW has its operations based on chanakya niti.
On the other hand, Khalsa does not leave gursikhi assols (principals) even during war.
Veer Harinder Singh jeeo, this is what comes to mind reading your post.

1) I already qualified in my previous post that everything is not perfect in Chanakya Neeti.

2) The stuff he has written about women is definitely not according to Gurmat but this is what is true for all non-Sikh religious texts including Mahabharata, Puraans, Quran, Bible, Buddha's Pali literature and even Aristotle's books. They all thought negatively about women and it was only Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee who uplifted the women and Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee accorded them the status of Princess. So its not fair to label Chanakya alone as a misognyst.

3) Only Gurmat is perfect and every other philosophy or a book is flawed.

4) A lot of false theories are attributed to Chanakya Shaster e.g. the quote that you wrote is not contained in Chanakya Shaster. All I am saying is that Chanakya Neeti is about as much good or bad as other non-Sikh religious books.

5) If Chanakya Shaster was an evil book teaching evil habits, Guru Sahib would not have had it translated from Sanskrit by his most senior poet - Kavi Sainapat.

Kulbir Singh
Veer Harinder Singh jeeo,

U might not have found a direct quote but chanakya advocated the use of DECEIT( make people believe something that is not true)
against the enemy.

I have also not read an emphasis on deceit in Chanakya Neeti. On the contrary I have found some great principles in this book that Siri Dasmesh jee got translated from Sanskrit. Below are some quotes that you may find interesting:

He who regards another's wife as his mother, the wealth that does not belong to him as a lump of mud, and the pleasure and pain of all other living beings as his own -- truly sees things in the right perspective, and he is a true pandit.

Our bodies are perishable, wealth is not at all permanent and death is always nearby. Therefore we must immediately engage in acts of merit.

(It is said that a sadhu, when asked about his family, replied thusly): truth is my mother, and my father is spiritual knowledge; righteous conduct is my brother, and mercy is my friend, inner peace is my wife, and forgiveness is my son: these six are my kinsmen.

One indeed becomes blessed by having darshan of a devotee; for the devotee has the ability to purify immediately, whereas the sacred tirtha gives purity only after prolonged contact.

A wicked man may develop saintly qualities in the company of a devotee, but a devotee does not become impious in the company of a wicked person. The earth is scented by a flower that falls upon it, but the flower does not contact the odour of the earth.

O jackal, leave aside the body of that man at once, whose hands have never given in charity, whose ears have not heard the voice of learning, whose eyes have not beheld a pure devotee of the Lord, whose feet have never traversed to holy places, whose belly is filled with things obtained by crooked practices, and whose head is held high in vanity. Do not eat it, O jackal, otherwise you will become polluted.

Men have eating, sleeping, fearing and mating in common with the lower animals. That in which men excel the beasts is discretionary knowledge; hence, indiscreet men who are without knowledge should be regarded as beasts.

I again repeat that everything is not perfect in this Shaster but the quotes that you are attributing to this Shasters don't belong to this Shaster. And you are correct. The ideals of Gurmat are very high and there is no way this Shaster or other Shaster can reach those ideals. Hence we find many negative things in this Shaster as well e.g. slandering of women. All I am saying is that don't attribute to this Shaster what is not true.

Kulbir Singh
I have heard that Chankya Niti is one of the books taught at Taksal. Sant Jagjit Singh Jee Harkhovalvaley also mentions that he was taught this granth when studying under the guidance of Sant Suhail Singh Jee.
Sorry to change the subject, but lately I have been wondering why does nobody sing Bhai Senapat Singh Jis bani at the Gurdwara Sahib which is full of so much BIr Ras. We sing Bhai Gurdas Singh Jis bani but why not BHai Senapat Singh Ji?

He who regards another's wife as his mother, the wealth that does not belong to him as a lump of mud, and the pleasure and pain of all other living beings as his own -- truly sees things in the right perspective, and he is a true pandit.

Our bodies are perishable, wealth is not at all permanent and death is always nearby. Therefore we must immediately engage in acts of merit.

(It is said that a sadhu, when asked about his family, replied thusly): truth is my mother, and my father is spiritual knowledge; righteous conduct is my brother, and mercy is my friend, inner peace is my wife, and forgiveness is my son: these six are my kinsmen.

One indeed becomes blessed by having darshan of a devotee; for the devotee has the ability to purify immediately, whereas the sacred tirtha gives purity only after prolonged contact.

A wicked man may develop saintly qualities in the company of a devotee, but a devotee does not become impious in the company of a wicked person. The earth is scented by a flower that falls upon it, but the flower does not contact the odour of the earth.

O jackal, leave aside the body of that man at once, whose hands have never given in charity, whose ears have not heard the voice of learning, whose eyes have not beheld a pure devotee of the Lord, whose feet have never traversed to holy places, whose belly is filled with things obtained by crooked practices, and whose head is held high in vanity. Do not eat it, O jackal, otherwise you will become polluted.

Men have eating, sleeping, fearing and mating in common with the lower animals. That in which men excel the beasts is discretionary knowledge; hence, indiscreet men who are without knowledge should be regarded as beasts.

Veer jee,
If u read radhasoami literature, u will find some similar things in it as well. A Nigura knows lots of gallan but does not have NAAM and REHIT.
I listened to some lectures of aan-mat sadhus on aastha TV and they all spoke some really goody goody things like:
1. Engage in acts of merit. Remember death. We all go naked.
2. help the poor, respect ur parents anddo company of saintly people.
3. A saint can make u cross this ocean, so be the dust of a saint and a satguru.
4. japp naam during ur last stage.

If u read Krishan's bhagvat gita, u will find many nice goody goody teachings in it as well but the the reality is that:
the goody goody teachings in a flawed book are dangerous because they make the readers believe that the author is some great saintly soul and hence, they even start to follow the flawed teachings in the book.

Krishan called himself God and told yudhistar to lie, so people who like the goody goody things in gita, also start to believe that krishan is God and its ok to lie in a war like situation. During the 80's, Indian government, police, media all BROKE ALL WORLD RECORDS OF LYING to neutralize the khalistan movement.
You are correct Veer Harinder Singh jeeo but I did not recommend anywhere in my posts that Sikhs should adopt Chanakya Neeti. All I have been saying all along is that don't make a false accusation on this Neeti. I have not found anywhere in this neeti that one should lie to defame his enemy. If someone is to make a false accusation on even Radhasoamis, Daas would point it out. Making a false accusation amounts to Ninda.

Kulbir Singh
Below is a paragraph of an Open letter from Shahbaaz Khalsa to Amarinder Singh and Parkash Badal

[www.tapoban.org]

Chanakya Niti: - Not only does this scripture talk about ruling through separation, it also teaching the theory of ‘Sham, Daam, Dandh, Bhed’. Sham which means to make others agree by using cunning means, dham means to buy support of people, dhandh means that if they still don’t agree, punish them (just like false police encounters).
These are the terror filled teachings of these scripture. But I doubt that any of you will agree to consider these scriptures as being the cause of terrorism. This is because both of you are believers of Indian politics which arose from the teachings of these scriptures. But let’s move on. Let me remind you that our subject is to discuss “who is the actual terrorist”. We have only shown you the advertisement so far, the whole film is yet to follow.
======================================================================================

Chanakya niti promotes shaam, daam, dand, bhed and this promotes HATRED for your enemy feelings.
Chankya niti promotes ruling through separation. To separate a community, one has to LIE to divide the kaum.. For example, recently Indian agencies purchased darshan ragi to lie about Sri Dasam Granth and divide the sikh kaum over Sri Dasam Granth.
When a scripture promotes hatred for the enemy and justifies use of LYING to divide the enemy, then it will automatically lead to the tactic of 'defaming your enemies by using lies'.
Kulbir Singh Jee,
Please answer this question of mine.
lets say there is a panthic organization run by 25 rehitvaan gursikhs. The government sees it as a threat and tells IB/RAW to do something about it. IB/RAW reads chanakya niti and decides to use 'bhed' or 'separation' to finish off the organization.
Now, can u tell how on earth can IB/RAW divide 25 rehitvaan gursikhs without using lies ???????????
Harinder Singh jee, please accept my apologies for pointing out an obvious error in your original post. I should have kept quiet.

Having said that, you can draw whatever conclusions by posting different theories but the fact of the matter is that Chanakya Neeti does not contain the quote that one should use lies to defame one's enemy as you had written in your original message. I suggest that you read Kavi Sainapat's translation of Chanakya Neeti, that was ordered by Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee.

I don't see any spiritual merit in continuing with this useless debate and consider this to be my last post on this matter.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.